drank 2018 Flapjacks Raw Puer by White2Tea

Teafriend tea! From the lovely Kawaii433.

The most striking aspect of this sheng is the liquor color. I love when the tea soup has a tinge of pink that reminds me of champagne. It’s Initially oily and sweet with honey butter and syrup, nuttiness, some nondescript florality, green bean-grass undertones and a metallic quality. Citrus surprise in third steep like white pomelo. Rough tongue astringency is there along with bitterness which presents by the second steep and later lingers superficially on the back of the tongue, tonsils and throat. Peach-osmanthus aftertaste presents early and is very short-lived.

Overall, this tea has a standard young sheng profile. Probably good for people new to puerh but even then I’m apprehensive about recommending it in its current state. Maybe give this one some age and approach it as a daily drinker in the future.

Flavors: Astringent, Bitter, Butter, Citrus, Flowers, Grass, Green Beans, Honey, Metallic, Nutty, Osmanthus, Pancake Syrup, Peach, Sweet

Boiling 6 g 4 OZ / 110 ML

No Sugar Added!

Tea habits:

Among my favorites are all teas Nepali, sheng puerh, Wuyi yancha, Taiwanese oolong, a variety of black (red) teas from all over, herbal tisanes. I keep a few green and white teas on hand. Shou puerh is a cold weather brew. Tiny teapots and gaiwans are my usual brewing vessels when not preparing morning cups western style and pouring into my work thermos. Friend of teabags.

Sonoma County, California, USA