drank PG Tips by PG Tips

The one day I took this to work last week, I happened to be speaking to the British expat who was heating a kettle for Yorkshire Tea. He commended me on my choice and now thinks I drink British teas. But I don’t, really. Holy crap, this has to be the strongest English Breakfast I’ve ever had. Two bags steeped very short, like 1.5 minutes, in my thermos. Well smack me in the face and punch me in the gullet, I had to nurse that brew for 12 hours. This is the kind of tea I imagine was dumped in Boston Harbor. I’d take Yorkshire over PG Tips any day. It’s too much for me of the ‘no dairy added’ persuasion.

Flavors: Dark Wood, Heavy, Malt, Tea

Boiling 1 min, 30 sec 20 OZ / 591 ML
gmathis

(Chuckling.) I love the stuff, but I totally get your point of view! Side note … one of my Sunday girls (6th grader) knows I am a teaist, and on a family trip to Boston, brought me back a packet of tea that was purported to have been historically researched and as close to Boston Harbor as possible. Can’t remember the name at the moment, but it was quite good and nowhere near as strong as PG Tips!

gmathis

OK … had to look at old notes … Congou by Oliver Pluff & Company.

derk

Huh, I may have to try that someday. How kind of your student :)

ashmanra

I was given some Oliver Pluff from Colonial Williamsburg. I think it is sold in Charleston, too.

Leafhopper

This is the tea I drank when I was a coffee person. And yes, it is strong.

Comments

gmathis

gmathis

OK … had to look at old notes … Congou by Oliver Pluff & Company.

derk

Huh, I may have to try that someday. How kind of your student :)

ashmanra

Leafhopper

This is the tea I drank when I was a coffee person. And yes, it is strong.

Most enjoyment:

Wuyi and Taiwanese oolong, sheng puerh, Yunnan and Wuyi blacks, GABA oolong. I also appreciate Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Darjeeling and Nepali teas, bagged tea and herbal teas/tisanes.

I take my teas without milks or sweeteners except sometimes chai and the rare London Fog, matcha latte and golden milk.

I’ll try anything once because it helps me learn. Not opposed to well placed herbs, flowers, fruity bits and flavorings, just nothing cloying. And no added sugars, sweeteners, candy or chocolate.

I abandoned both my preference reference and the recording of detailed steeping parameters in January 2020, favoring a focus on qualitative descriptions. At this point, I am still comfortable toggling the “Not/Recommended” button.

Preference reference: