drank 2016 Teadontlie by White2Tea

It seems I already drank most of this sample but when, I don’t know. Based on my lack of notes, I may have found this sheng forgettable at worst.

I brewed half of what was left in my mini gaiwan. This tea has a great aroma – incredible dry florals – but I found it to be lacking in texture. It’s a very lofty tea, hanging out in my sinuses and head without much happening taste-wise on the tongue. The most prominent parts of the tea besides the aroma are its distinctly floral bitterness and the long-lasting floral-fruity aftertaste with a note of buttery apricot preserves. Astringency is present early but fades away.

Overall, I find the tea to be mostly floral and refined but not for me. It’s anxiety-inducing and has given me a slight headache, both of which I have experienced from highly floral aromatic sheng before. I’d suggest reading others’ positive reviews.

Flavors: Apricot, Astringent, Bitter, Butter, Floral, Fruity

Boiling 4 g 2 OZ / 60 ML
Martin Bednář

It doesn’t sound like tea for me, if it is anxiety-inducting :/

Comments

Martin Bednář

It doesn’t sound like tea for me, if it is anxiety-inducting :/

Most enjoyment:

Wuyi and Taiwanese oolong, sheng puerh, Yunnan and Wuyi blacks, GABA oolong. I also appreciate Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Darjeeling and Nepali teas, bagged tea and herbal teas/tisanes.

I take my teas without milks or sweeteners except sometimes chai and the rare London Fog, matcha latte and golden milk.

I’ll try anything once because it helps me learn. Not opposed to well placed herbs, flowers, fruity bits and flavorings, just nothing cloying. And no added sugars, sweeteners, candy or chocolate.

I abandoned both my preference reference and the recording of detailed steeping parameters in January 2020, favoring a focus on qualitative descriptions. At this point, I am still comfortable toggling the “Not/Recommended” button.

Preference reference: