drank Spiced Fall Evenings by Cuppa Geek

Smells and tastes like some autumn-themed Yankee Candle in the best of ways. Really. I’m getting a major hit of chamomile in the form of apple, not in the pollen-sweet way and certainly not dusty. Mildly sweet, plenty of cardamom, which in the case of cardamom means there is probably only a sprinkling. Then I notice the warm spiciness and slight drying of woody cinnamon and ginger. The appley taste brightens up in the back of the mouth becoming tart, where it morphs into what I’m guessing is the pumpkin spice flavoring? Some grounding sweet cocoa taste lingers in the aftertaste. Then a bit later comes the returning sweetness of a lightly bitey honeybush in the throat. And lastly, the marshmallow root gives a touch of body. This is blended very well. Smooth flavors! And it can’t be oversteeped! What more could you ask for before bedding down?

The normal low 80s of this week will give way on Sunday to 5 or 6 days of 90s and 100s. At least it will still be in the 50s at night, so this herbal tea will remain in rotation.

Book pairing: The Magician’s Nephew by C.S. Lewis

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Cocoa, Flowers, Ginger, Honey, Mineral, Pumpkin Spice, Spices, Spicy, Sweet, Tart

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML
gmathis

Oh, Narnia! Lots of good memories reading those aloud with my son. The final chapter of “The Last Battle” is just the best ever!

ashmanra

I remember reading these aloud to my kids. I have never heard of them until I had kids! As I sobbed through the death of Aslan, my then six year old son patted my shoulder telling it was going to be okay!

I bought this tea for myself, as well! I enjoyed it, and can’t wait for cool temps to return so I enjoy it in my rocker at night!

derk

Children’s fantasy comforts more than tea when I’m exhausted.

gmathis

Have you ever tried the Redwall series by Brian Jacques? I love to recommend those to my advanced-reader fifth and sixth graders. Swashbuckling mice, hedgehogs, and nefarious badgers and weasels. Written intelligently!

Mastress Alita

Redwall is great! (I have not read all of them, have enjoyed those I have read).

derk

I feel like one of you has dropped Redwall before. I will keep it in mind, thanks :)

gmathis

Somehow I missed Madeline L’Engle when I was a kid, but a dear friend and mentor recommended all her stuff—-both her children’s fiction and adult everything. On my wish list.

Mastress Alita

I know I read L’Engle when I was a kid. My favorite book of all-time is a children’s book, and I re-read it typically once a year — I have three copies on my shelf (and a digital version of the graphic novel edition!) It’s “The Giver” by Lois Lowry. Quick read and I feel like I get something new from it each time. Or at least always get overwhelmed with a deep feeling of appreciation for all the things in life we take for granted every time I read it.

Comments

gmathis

ashmanra

derk

Children’s fantasy comforts more than tea when I’m exhausted.

Sonoma County, California, USA