drank Buddha's Blend by DAVIDsTEA

I swear I looked at the clock not even five minutes ago and it was just 6:00 PM, but now it’s nearly 11:30! Where does the time go! Oh well, I’m not even remotely tired, so I can still get a few more episodes of Chuck and some good cups of tea.

Robyn gave me a tin of this for Christmas and even though I hated it as an iced tea just a few weeks ago I figured that I’d try it hot and at least give it a fighting chance before completely dismissing it. She knew it wasn’t in my cupboard which is why she picked it out, I guess she just didn’t know why it wasn’t in my cupboard.

So, I’m using 1 1/2 tsp. (barely) in 10 oz. of water. I kept my water temp. and my steep time both very low in the hopes of preventing this from turning this into a bitter/chemical mess. I also paired it with some heavily butter and ketchup shaker soaked popcorn because I might as well be having at least one thing I really enjoy.

The problem is this smells so promising! Just absolutely juicy and sweet and delicious. But based on the reviews I’ve read and my own experience prior to now it just can’t deliver. That said this mug’s not super bad. It does linger especially close to that perfume/chemical line – but at least this time around it’s not bitter. It’s way more peachy than I remember experiencing with the iced cup I had, too. That’s a plus in my books.

I won’t write it off completely yet – maybe I can perfect the ‘art’ of brewing this particular blend, though it seems daunting in how finicky it is. Usually I have no patience with finicky teas, but this one was a gift so I’m going to at least put in a little effort to make it work…

Fjellrev

I’ll make sure to stay away from this one! And I can totally relate with time flying like that. It’s ridiculous.

sierra

Can you explain this popcorn for me? I know this is an old review, but I’m intrigued! :)

Please keep things friendly and .

Comments

Fjellrev

sierra

Please keep things friendly and .

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually about five years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

I also have two real life pets:

SK, Canada