I forgot I had this in my cupboard, heh…

Anyway, I pulled it from my sample bags in the closet and moved it to my sample drawer in the kitchen so I can work on sipping it down. There’s no reason to keep hoarding a tea I forgot I even had, right? Right. So now there’s only one more cups worth of leaf left!

Try saying that five times fast: Leaf left. I had a hard enough time typing it, but saying it trips you up too…

This tastes decent enough; you get the honeybush, and a tang from the “cheesecake” and then this funny peanut/chocolate aftertaste. I guess I must have liked it a fair bit last time too – I rated it ‘80’.

Stephanie

leaf left leaf left leaf left…yes that is tricky!

Comments

Stephanie

leaf left leaf left leaf left…yes that is tricky!

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for…

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, overly vegetal or marine, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach

Currently exploring/looking to try: Straight Pu’Erh or Dark/Roasted Oolong, Sweet Potato flavoured blends or straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, and anything with Goji berries

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada