drank Genmaicha by CaesarsTea

Late night Genmaicha.

I wanted popcorn, but I waited too long to make it and now it’s nearly midnight, so I’m being a good tenant and not running the popper because I know that’s a dick thing to do to our landlord trying to sleep upstairs. Still, I’m a little disappointed regardless.

Anyway, this was good! I really enjoyed cradling the cup close to me and smelling it; I’m not sure why (especially since this just tastes average), but this is the best smelling Genmaicha I’ve ever had, and it made me feel really comforted to have it close to me where I could enjoy it like that. It tasted good too, which is probably worth pointing out.

One more cup and it’s gone; but I’ve decided that once I’ve finished this, my RiverTea Genmaicha sample, and my Genmai Hojicha from DT I’m finally breaking open the 52Teas Marshmallow Treat! That’s giving me incentive to finish it up quickly.

VariaTEA

My Marshmallow Treat is sealed up too but I have S’mores Genmaicha to drink as well as my beloved Japon so I am not itching to get at it. However, NayLynn was super kind and included a pack of the Strawberry Marshmallow Treat Genmaicha in our swap and something tells me I will have a hard time not ripping into that.

Comments

VariaTEA

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

You name it, I probably drink it.

In that vein, I’ll drink just about any type of tea – those only ones I have a particularly strong distaste for are green teas and Chai, with some exceptions of course. I have a weird relationship with Sheng pu’erh, but have been gradually increasing the amount of it I consume – currently I have a particular fascination with Yiwu Sheng. Other types of tea that I greatly enjoy are Yancha and other dark, heavily oxidized or roasted oolongs, most shou, black tea, and compressed/aged white teas. I’ll absolutely try anything once though; and I like to have an open mind and explore lots of tea types, even if I have reservations. I’ll probably never leave that “Exploratory” phase…

Least favourite flavour notes/ingredients:

Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket
Ceramic Cat: Saffron
Wood Fired Old Man: Leopold

Currently I’m employed in the tea department of the DAVIDsTEA head office. While I’m still sharing my own personal thoughts on new & existing DAVIDsTEA blends, I am no longer numerically rating them due to the obvious conflict of interest. Any comments expressed are a reflection of my own thoughts and opinions, and do not reflect the thoughts and opinions of the company. Any DAVIDsTEA blends you currently see with a numeric score were reviewed prior to my being hired there and have not been adjusted since becoming a DAVIDsTEA employee.

Montreal, QC, CA