drank Creme Brulee by DAVIDsTEA

Taste bud orgasm.

Once again, I ponder how this has such a low rating here in Steepster. It is simply the best rooibos blend I have ever tried (and I keep some pretty good rooibos/honeybush blends stocked); and I’ve yet to have anything but a flawless cup (which is why I’m bumping this up to a 100 rating).

I added milk tonight, and shit this is good. Like, you KNOW it’s a good tea because I don’t even give a fuck about all the swears in this tasting note – I’m THAT excited. Usually I try to sensor myself at least a little bit…

There were three other teas steeping/sitting in the kitchen when I made this and yet, it still managed to drown out the individual aromas of all three hour teas with its mouth watering caramel deliciousness!

VariaTEA

I wish I had your tastebuds when it came to this blend. This and Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride. Btw, what are the rooibos/honeybush blends you like to have stocked?

Roswell Strange

The ones I feel I “need” to have stocked (other than this one) are: Butiki’s Rootbeer Float Honeybush, Tea Desire’s Victoria Mint/Sweet Toffee/Latte Macciato, Della Terra’s Lime Chiffon (but this is lower on the list), this one/Gingerbread from DAVIDsTEA (I’ll be sad once my tin of that is gone since it was limited edition), and solely based on last night’s cup Pineapple Bacon Rooibos from 52Teas. I probably (this one aside) feel the most highly towards the Tea Desire blends; I think they do rooibos very well.

Roswell Strange

And, actually, I think CuppaT’s Apple Strudel Pistachio is probably on the same level as Lime Chiffon.

VariaTEA

Ahh those are all pretty tasty. I think my rooibos/honeybush go-tos are Butiki’s Rootbeer Float Honeybush, Della Terra’s Lime Chiffon (and Lemon for cold brewing), Della Terra’s Cappucino Caramel Crunch, DAVIDs Birthday Cake, 52 Tea’s Strawberry Pie Honeybush, and Apple Strudel Pistachio (once I get around to placing that order). Oh and I like Nina’s rooibos blends.

Roswell Strange

I used to love Birthday Cake (it was my loose leaf introduction blend), but it’s lost its magic to me – especially compared to this one ;)

VariaTEA

It was my intro too! I think I keep it around because I haven’t found a rooibos that compares. I don’t mind Oh Canada but I prefer Birthday Cake still.

Roswell Strange

Oh Canada! made for a really rich and different sort of cold brew.

VariaTEA

Totally agree. I liked it hot initially but then I discovered much better teas and in an effort to use the leaf I cold brewed it without expecting much. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised.

wonder if i should try this some day haha

Isaila

I just discovered davids rooibos blends; I wasn’t so into them before, but I really love Rooibos de Provence.

beyondsection17

THANK YOU. I have no idea why this tea has such a low rating. It is probably my favourite non-caffeinated tea ever. Up there with Forever Nuts, and waaay lighter so you get a lot more bang for your buck. MUCH RECOMMEND!

Comments

VariaTEA

Roswell Strange

Oh Canada! made for a really rich and different sort of cold brew.

wonder if i should try this some day haha

Isaila

beyondsection17

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually four(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for. I can’t say I’ve been doing great staying on track with this resolution.

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger, often Chai spices in general, overly vegetal or marine/seaweed, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach, stevia, saltiness, or anything that reminds me too much of meat that isn’t supposed to taste like meat…

I also have a mild allergy to mushrooms! You wouldn’t think that’d be an issue when it comes to tea – but you’d be surprised.

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada