drank Blueberry Green by Harney & Sons

This is an interesting one. I bought it with spring in mind, planning on iced teas. But spring’s warmth is still shy in the morning and evening. So I’m having it hot.

The tea itself is very pretty. Lots of flat green leaves with pretty blue cornflowers and lemongrass. But the scent is not at all what I expected. It smells exactly like purple Flintstones vitamins. (Which I loved as a kid, so I’m not bothered.) I was expecting something a bit more realistic. I’ve had blueberry teas that taste like real blueberry, after all.

The finished tea comes out to a light greenish tan and the flavor matches the aroma. It tastes purple, y’all. Almost like grape candy. But I like that! I see that a lot of you didn’t. And yes, the green tea flavor itself is hidden under the purpleness. You really can’t taste it. But I still like this because I am a weirdo, apparently.

Flavors: Artificial, Blueberry, Candy, Grapes

Quiet, strange, and in love with the world of tea. Living just outside of Atlanta. Cat lover, electronic music geek, balcony gardener, and collector of fossils. On the hunt for the perfect tea in each of my favorite categories.

I have officially been here on Steepster for 10 years.

I prefer black teas, and my preferences change with the seasons. I drink my tea iced from April – October and hot during the few cold months.

You can assume that I’m preparing my tea using the Western method. I use stevia or honey as my sweetener. My tea cupboard always contains earl grey, chai, a sleepytime, a dessert, something fruity, an herbal, and a plain black.

Decatur, GA