Pumpkin Spice Latte Genmaicha

Green Tea
Allspice, Genmaicha, Matcha Powder, Nutmeg, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Marshmallow Root, Organic Natural Flavors (Vegan), Organic Vanilla Beans, Pumpkin Pieces
Cloves, Earth, Nutmeg, Pumpkin, Sour, Spices, Toasted Rice, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Grass, Marshmallow, Nutty, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Creamy, Toasty
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

• “Mostly cinnamon and nutmeg is what I get from this genmaicha. The squash comes through more as this cools but I’m failing to pick up any vanilla or marshmallow. Add that toasty base into the...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown! Yep, the almond milk is a nice, silky binder. The dusty quality disappears and I can focus on the toasty rice of the genmaicha, and all the pumpkin spices. The grassy nut qualities of the...” Read full tasting note
  • “finished this sample up today as well – thanks VariaTEA. This one was rather meh for me. I think i prefer 52 teas others genmaicha’s as the spice in this just kinda ruined it for me. It just...” Read full tasting note
  • “I have never actually had a Pumpkin Spice Latte because it just never appealed to me but for some reason I had to have this. My guess is my love for flavored genmaichas combined with my inner...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

This time of year, it seems impossible to avoid the Pumpkin Spice trappings – there are pumpkin spice goodies every where you turn! Well, rather than fight ’em, I decided to join ’em and create a Pumpkin Spice treat of my own! And why not? I love the flavor! The pumpkin is sweet yet savory and the spices add a lovely, deep warmth to the pumpkin notes.

I started with organic Matcha infused Genmaicha and added chunks of real, dehydrated pumpkin, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla bean and marshmallow root to create a tea that’ll make you happy this time of year has finally arrived! This tea is terrific served straight up, but a drizzle of honey in this is oh-so-nice!

ingredients: green teas*, popped brown rice*, dried pumpkin chunks, marshmallow root*, crushed and whole allspice*, cinnamon*, nutmeg*, vanilla bean* and natural flavors*

*denotes organic

About 52teas View company

Mostly cinnamon and nutmeg is what I get from this genmaicha. The squash comes through more as this cools but I’m failing to pick up any vanilla or marshmallow. Add that toasty base into the mix—which I’m enjoying the most, really—and this reminds me of of a savoury dish than a creamy, sweet pumpkin spice latte. It’s reminiscent of a chilly pre-Halloween autumn day when I’m baking butternut squash in the oven, it browns on the edges, and the cinnamon and nutmeg I’ve sprinkled on top toasts up a bit.

The end of the story leaves me with a faint cellar aftertaste in the mouth, likely from the pumpkin.

Sipdown!

Yep, the almond milk is a nice, silky binder. The dusty quality disappears and I can focus on the toasty rice of the genmaicha, and all the pumpkin spices. The grassy nut qualities of the matcha and the vanilla in particular are emphasized by the almond milk.

All in all, a pretty good send off! Now, time to finish that Discworld book.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Grass, Marshmallow, Nutmeg, Nutty, Pumpkin, Toasted Rice, Vanilla

ashmanra

Which Discworld book are you reading?

CrowKettle

Soul Music. It’s not one of my favourites, but it’s my last Death novel! I’ve gone about reading these in a semi-random order.

finished this sample up today as well – thanks VariaTEA. This one was rather meh for me. I think i prefer 52 teas others genmaicha’s as the spice in this just kinda ruined it for me. It just didn’t mesh the way i wanted it to with the genmaicha. Oh well..not like i needed another one from 52 teas that i was in love with haha

I have never actually had a Pumpkin Spice Latte because it just never appealed to me but for some reason I had to have this. My guess is my love for flavored genmaichas combined with my inner annoying white girl and that made this blend irresistible. To my surprise though, it has actual pumpkin pieces in it as opposed to just the spices that make up “pumpkin spice” so that’s a plus and I would say it comes through in the flavor, albeit subtly since the pumpkin spice takes over as per usual. It is nice nonetheless. Maybe not my favorite genmaicha offering from 52 Teas but better than expected and certainly one I would have trouble finished.

Fjellrev

You’re not missing out on PSL. I had one once or twice and wasn’t impressed. Just sugary and barely any spices, in my opinion.

VariaTEA

I hardly drink anything at Starbucks and when I do its the Caramel Brulee Latte. I have yet to be swayed by anything else except maybe the occasional hot chocolate.

Jillian

You’re not alone, I can’t drink coffee so I haven’t tried one either. I’ll take Davids Tea Pumpkin Chai any day.

I believe I have two genmaicha teas from 52teas, though I can’t recall the other one.
This one is tastiest for me!
The spices really do remind me of a pumpkin pie, and in some sips I get a real latte cream note. Mmmmm. I love how smooth it is as well. Second infusion was also much more balanced. Kinda my fault as I accidentally let it oversteep by a minute or so in the first one.
Some sips, I do unfortunately find it a bit generically “chai” ish. I’m not sure why. Feeling a bit nancy drew today… I’m curious now. I need to figure it out soon!! it was driving me nuts earlier.
I hope to make this as a latte soon. Something tells me it’d go really well with almond milk.

Arby

IMO everything goes well with almond milk, especially tea.

Indigobloom

Hehe yes I love it! most of the time. There are blends where the flavours are overpowered by the milk. I prefer bold flavours :P

YUM. Really enjoyed this tea! You can really taste the pumpkin spice alongside the toasty genmaicha. Its better than a PSL! I was psyched because I ordered a sample in one of my orders, and then when I placed a second order they gave me a free sample of it and I legit just ran out of the sample I bought when the shipment came. SCORE! Thanks 52teas. Happy steeping :)

Flavors: Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Pumpkin, Spices, Toasted Rice

Happy Halloween everyone! Three Halloween themed teas for me today. This one with ACTUAL pumpkin pieces! Witches Brew Chai sweetened with candy corn (they melt very well!) and Davidstea Spiced Pumpkin later. All of these teas go well with pumpkin carving today. :D
On to this tea: It was a MUST try for me, just for actually including pumpkin pieces. But then it is also a matcha genmaicha with vanilla, marshmallow and nutmeg! This blend is like my ideal, perfect blend… however, I wish it had resulted in more flavor than there is. I’ve brewed this one up twice and it sadly tastes more like a plain genmaicha. How?! I must be brewing it wrong. Maybe it’s my tastebuds. I expected it to be cloudier from the matcha, but it results in a very clear cup. Tiny hints of sweetness from the marshmallow and vanilla but somehow I don’t taste any spices or pumpkin. As genmaicha, it’s delicious but this gets a lower score from me by not meeting my expectations. I wish I had loved this one more but I HAD to try it.
Steep #1 // heaping teaspoon for full mug // 30 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // 30 minutes after boiling // 4-5 minute steep

I haven’t actually ever had a pumpkin spice latte from the coffee shop, mostly because I can’t drink coffee because a few hours after drinking coffee, I have a terrible tummy ache. I’m not sure exactly why it affects me that way but it does and it’s actually one of the things that turned me from coffee to tea. I always enjoyed tea but I really got into it after I couldn’t drink coffee because I still needed a caffeine buzz and after I got to understand how to properly brew the different types of tea and such – I found that my enjoyment expounded.

This is the tea of the week this week – and it’s so good. As I eluded to above, I’ve not ever had a coffee shop Pumpkin Spice Latte – but I have had other pumpkin spice flavored things (because they’re everywhere!) and I decided that I should create my own interpretation of the phenomenon that is Pumpkin Spice Latte.

I love the genmaicha base – it’s sweet and nutty and it melds wonderfully well with the pumpkin notes. There is a warm set of spices to this but it’s not aggressively spiced. The marshmallow root and vanilla bean add a nice creaminess to create the “latte” flavor so you don’t need to add dairy to go latte with this!

Just really YUMMY!