The Smoking Coconut

Black Teas, Organic Coconut, Organic Natural Flavors (Vegan)
Campfire, Coconut, Cream, Fireplace, Smoke, Smooth, Sweet, Creamy
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for November 14, 2016!

I just wanted a tea that was coconut-y and a little bit smoky. So that’s what I did.

Sometimes, that’s what my inspiration is all about. I wanted a coconut-y tea and I thought that the combination of a lightly smoky tea with the creamy, sweet coconut flavor would be really interesting.

I started with a blend of black teas – a rich, malty Assam; a smooth, medium-bodied Ceylon and a tippy, robust Yunnan. Then I added just a teensy bit of Lapsang Souchong to give it a hint of smoke. I wasn’t going for a heavily smoked tea this time around – I didn’t want an overpoweringly smoky presence – just enough smoke to add some contrast to the silky sweet coconut flavor. Then I added a bunch of huge shreds of coconut.

The result is a sublimely yummy cuppa that you’ve gotta try. Sure, it might be a little on the ‘usual’ side especially when compared to some of the teas that we’ve made in the past but it’s no less delicious. Sometimes – going with something a little more ordinary can lead to extraordinary results!

This tea is vegan, gluten-free and all organic!

organic ingredients: black teas, coconut and natural flavors.

About 52teas View company

Sipdown (310)!

Thanks VariaTea for this tea! I was curious about it, but not enough to buy it when it came out so this is a good opportunity to sate that curiosity. Turns out, I missed out by not buying it because this is actually REALLY good.

I expected the smoke notes to be a lot stronger, but this is actually pretty sweet with lots of fresh tasting coconut notes! It’s very light, all things considered and I enjoy that it reminds me of sweet, buttery coconut pastries! The smoke is present too, but it’s more of a soft, subtle smoke that creeps in from the back of the sip and slowly builds upwards – though not penetrating the top notes at all. It’s both an interesting compliment and contrast to the coconut notes…

Definitely one of the better coconut teas I’ve had in a LONG time.

See my full review on Sororitea Sisters:

Flavors: Campfire, Coconut, Cream, Fireplace, Smoke

ooooh. another sample from evol ving ness this one is tasty too! haha I really like the balance of smoke and coconut. I’d be worried about this going rancid if it wasn’t sipped up quickly, but this is rather tasty. It’s mostly a coconut brew, but the base is smooth and obviously slightly smokey, but not overpoweringly so :) thanks evol!

Evol Ving Ness

It’s about a month or so old, Sil, so maybe it still has a few days shelf life. :)

I brewed this tea and then went for a walk with the puppy and now I am drinking the tea. It’s cold but creamy and the smoke is quite strong. It is nice though quite a niche flavor that I probably wouldn’t reach for that often. I enjoy it but I will also be okay with saying goodbye when the time comes.

ruby is a year old tomorrow!

VariaTEA

Well this is most exciting! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAUTIFUL RUBYSAURUS!! Will you be throwing her a party? Will she have a birthday cake? Will you put a party hat on her and take pictures that you will share in a place that I can see them?

Hahaha no. Sadly her birthday present is getting to hang out with me while I test for ’ll try and get her out for a trail adventure though

I spent the day drinking multiple steeps of oolong from last night. It was delicious and the leaves were not quite spent, but I had had enough. I cold steeped the leaves for tomorrow. We’ll see what happens.

As the day drew to a close, I was craving a black tea before my caffeine cutoff point: not any particular one, just something frisky and black and delicious. This fit the bill though it is totally a surprise as it is my first cup of it. The name pretty much sums it up: creamy and sweet smoky coconut, buttery and lovely. The smoke is on the gentle side, but definitely present. This one is a winner.

I wonder whether I can manage a second steep before my tea deadline approaches.

Flavors: Coconut, Smoke, Smooth, Sweet

Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Jillian

When’s your caffeine cutoff? Mine’s usually at 3-4 pm

Evol Ving Ness

Mine is usually 7pm, but sometimes earlier if I am going through a period of poor sleep.

This is very coconutty and creamy. Really good morning cup of tea. The smokiness is so slight, it really is more of a light counter-balance to the creaminess. The whole tea is just really smooth with no bitterness or astringency and great flavor.

Flavors: Coconut, Creamy, Smoke