Carrot Cake Pancakes

Allspice, Black Teas, Calendula Petals, Carrot, Cinnamon, Natural Flavours, Nutmeg
Cake, Carrot, Honey, Maple, Nutmeg, Raisins, Smooth, Spices, Stonefruit, Sweet, Baked Bread, Cinnamon, Frosting, Pancake Syrup, Maple Syrup
High
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Angrboda

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for November 13, 2017!

I’m not sure exactly where I got the inspiration for this except that I had ordered some freeze-dried carrots when I placed my most recent dried fruits order and when I got the order in, I couldn’t remember why it was that I decided to order the carrots so I started thinking about what I was going to do with them. About the same time I was adding our Pancake Breakfast tea to my to-do list (as in, I needed to reblend the Pancake Breakfast tea) and somehow the idea for making a Carrot Cake Pancake flavored tea popped into my head.

At first, I kind of dismissed it but the more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea of making a Carrot Cake Pancake tea. It sounded like a perfect yet a little different tea for fall. A little off the beaten path. In other words, it sounded like something “not pumpkin” for autumn but with many of the classic flavor profiles for an autumnal tea. The warm spices of the cake – cinnamon, allspice and a touch of nutmeg – the savory/sweet note from the carrot and of course, you’ve gotta drizzle that stack of pancakes with maple syrup, amirite? Autumn flavors at their finest, but without the expected and somewhat overused pumpkin.

Oh, don’t get me wrong, I love me a pumpkin tea or two. I even made a pumpkin tea last month and I can’t say that a fall season will ever pass without at least one pumpkin tea from me. However, after finding ‘pumpkin’ in everything from breakfast cereal to kale chips – heck, there’s even pumpkin salsa, pumpkin spice chili starter and pumpkin dog treats – well, let’s just say I’m at the point to say, enough with the pumpkin already! I’m ready for something just a little different!

So here it is!

A Carrot Cake Pancake tea: I start with my organic black tea base of Ceylon, Assam & Yunnan teas. Then I added carrots, allspice, cinnamon and a touch of nutmeg and a touch of maple essence. Very YUM!

ingredients: carrots

organic ingredients: black teas, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, calendula petals & natural flavors

About 52teas View company

Autumn Harvest! Decided to go with some carrot for my autumn harvest flavor today, so I’m trying this one from 52Teas. Opening the packet, it smells very mapley sweet (aaaaaah!) and I’m getting lots of spices. Smells a lot like a more maple-forward version of a pumpkin spice chai, and I can totally get behind that.

The steeped tea smells great! There is a slightly savory, squashy quality to it, but mostly it smells like warm maple syrup and sweet spices. The base of this tea is very rounded, it is a bit naturally sweet and tastes like it has some honeyed and raisiny notes coming through from the blend… maybe even just a touch of stonefruit. The flavor does have a spiced carrot cake taste, there is a subtle note of carrot but a lot of sweet spice, leaving a lingering sweetness of allspice and nutmeg on the tongue. I’m also getting an overall maple sweetness throughout the tea, which is very nice and sets this apart from other carrot cake teas I’ve tried in the past (which also seem to always be rooibos… I think this is my first on a black base).

Really enjoying this with my breakfast this morning!

Flavors: Cake, Carrot, Honey, Maple, Nutmeg, Raisins, Smooth, Spices, Stonefruit, Sweet

205 °F / 96 °C 3 min, 0 sec 3 g 14 OZ / 400 ML

Sipdown (331)

Had the last of this with my eggs Benedict birthday breakfast, though a slightly modified version with regular bacon instead of peameal bacon since that’s my preference and bagels instead of English muffins since that’s what we had. Breakfast was delicious and this tea was nice enough but with age has lost flavour and developed a slight metallic twang to it so it was time to say goodbye.

Another sipdown! Initially I hated this one because it was in my “Danish” packet- the tea I was most looking forward to in my order (Danish turned out to be in the Carrot Cake Pancakes pouch so I later forgave it).

Also, full disclaimer: I dislike carrots, cake, and pancakes. This tea is not meant for me but that didn’t stop me from enjoying how well-crafted it was. I’ve tried a few carrot cake teas in the past, from Butiki and David’s Tea, and this is possibly the best I’ve had.

It’s also a lot like the Stuffed French Toast (AQ2T) I sipped down recently but this is more on the mark, with an ingredients list I can get behind. It’s a full-throttled dessert tea and you must embrace your sweet tooth to fully appreciate it. It wouldn’t hurt if it was fall season either.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Cake, Carrot, Cinnamon, Frosting, Maple, Nutmeg, Pancake Syrup

Well, this was a pleasant surprise to stumble upon this this morning. Maple, allspice, cinnamon, carrot, and a nice firm black base.

The carrot took me to sweet potato pie somehow and then I found myself wondering whether Anne has made a sweet potato burnt marshmallow black tea yet? Asking for a friend.

52Teas

Not yet.

tea-sipper

I love the idea for that sweet potato burnt marshmallow tea. :D

Evol Ving Ness

I am thinking malty with a wee bit of smoke.

Kittenna

Sounds delicious. Both the Carrot Cake Pancakes tea (which is another one I regretfully missed, apparently!) and a sweet potato burnt marshmallow tea.