Carrot Cake Pancakes

Allspice, Black Teas, Calendula Petals, Carrot, Cinnamon, Natural Flavours, Nutmeg
Cake, Carrot, Honey, Maple, Nutmeg, Raisins, Smooth, Spices, Stonefruits, Sweet, Baked Bread, Cinnamon, Frosting, Pancake Syrup, Maple Syrup
High
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Mastress Alita

• “Autumn Harvest! Decided to go with some carrot for my autumn harvest flavor today, so I’m trying this one from 52Teas. Opening the packet, it smells very mapley sweet (aaaaaah!) and I’m getting...” Read full tasting note
  • “The first thing I noticed while drinking this tea is that it has the nice spice that I love in a good carrot cake. A nice rounded spice flavor that is kept in check by the sweetness of the carrot....” Read full tasting note
  • “Another sipdown! Initially I hated this one because it was in my “Danish” packet- the tea I was most looking forward to in my order (Danish turned out to be in the Carrot Cake Pancakes pouch so I...” Read full tasting note
  • “Another one of those I can’t believe I am the first one to comment on this stellar tea notes. This is one inspired and beautifully balanced tea. Imagine a layer of quasi-carrot cake spice...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for November 13, 2017!

I’m not sure exactly where I got the inspiration for this except that I had ordered some freeze-dried carrots when I placed my most recent dried fruits order and when I got the order in, I couldn’t remember why it was that I decided to order the carrots so I started thinking about what I was going to do with them. About the same time I was adding our Pancake Breakfast tea to my to-do list (as in, I needed to reblend the Pancake Breakfast tea) and somehow the idea for making a Carrot Cake Pancake flavored tea popped into my head.

At first, I kind of dismissed it but the more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea of making a Carrot Cake Pancake tea. It sounded like a perfect yet a little different tea for fall. A little off the beaten path. In other words, it sounded like something “not pumpkin” for autumn but with many of the classic flavor profiles for an autumnal tea. The warm spices of the cake – cinnamon, allspice and a touch of nutmeg – the savory/sweet note from the carrot and of course, you’ve gotta drizzle that stack of pancakes with maple syrup, amirite? Autumn flavors at their finest, but without the expected and somewhat overused pumpkin.

Oh, don’t get me wrong, I love me a pumpkin tea or two. I even made a pumpkin tea last month and I can’t say that a fall season will ever pass without at least one pumpkin tea from me. However, after finding ‘pumpkin’ in everything from breakfast cereal to kale chips – heck, there’s even pumpkin salsa, pumpkin spice chili starter and pumpkin dog treats – well, let’s just say I’m at the point to say, enough with the pumpkin already! I’m ready for something just a little different!

So here it is!

A Carrot Cake Pancake tea: I start with my organic black tea base of Ceylon, Assam & Yunnan teas. Then I added carrots, allspice, cinnamon and a touch of nutmeg and a touch of maple essence. Very YUM!

ingredients: carrots

organic ingredients: black teas, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, calendula petals & natural flavors

About 52teas View company

Autumn Harvest! Decided to go with some carrot for my autumn harvest flavor today, so I’m trying this one from 52Teas. Opening the packet, it smells very mapley sweet (aaaaaah!) and I’m getting lots of spices. Smells a lot like a more maple-forward version of a pumpkin spice chai, and I can totally get behind that.

The steeped tea smells great! There is a slightly savory, squashy quality to it, but mostly it smells like warm maple syrup and sweet spices. The base of this tea is very rounded, it is a bit naturally sweet and tastes like it has some honeyed and raisiny notes coming through from the blend… maybe even just a touch of stonefruit. The flavor does have a spiced carrot cake taste, there is a subtle note of carrot but a lot of sweet spice, leaving a lingering sweetness of allspice and nutmeg on the tongue. I’m also getting an overall maple sweetness throughout the tea, which is very nice and sets this apart from other carrot cake teas I’ve tried in the past (which also seem to always be rooibos… I think this is my first on a black base).

Really enjoying this with my breakfast this morning!

Flavors: Cake, Carrot, Honey, Maple, Nutmeg, Raisins, Smooth, Spices, Stonefruits, Sweet

205 °F / 96 °C 3 min, 0 sec 3 g 14 OZ / 400 ML

The first thing I noticed while drinking this tea is that it has the nice spice that I love in a good carrot cake. A nice rounded spice flavor that is kept in check by the sweetness of the carrot. Add to that a dense breadiness coming from the base tea that is more akin to pancakes than cake. With that in mind and since there is also nothing that really reminds me of cream cheese icing, I can definitely see this as carrot cake pancakes. If you want carrot cake, this is not the tea to go with but if you want carrot cake pancakes, then give this a try.

Check out my full review here: http://sororiteasisters.com/2018/07/12/carrot-cake-pancakes-from-52teas/

Another sipdown! Initially I hated this one because it was in my “Danish” packet- the tea I was most looking forward to in my order (Danish turned out to be in the Carrot Cake Pancakes pouch so I later forgave it).

Also, full disclaimer: I dislike carrots, cake, and pancakes. This tea is not meant for me but that didn’t stop me from enjoying how well-crafted it was. I’ve tried a few carrot cake teas in the past, from Butiki and David’s Tea, and this is possibly the best I’ve had.

It’s also a lot like the Stuffed French Toast (AQ2T) I sipped down recently but this is more on the mark, with an ingredients list I can get behind. It’s a full-throttled dessert tea and you must embrace your sweet tooth to fully appreciate it. It wouldn’t hurt if it was fall season either.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Cake, Carrot, Cinnamon, Frosting, Maple, Nutmeg, Pancake Syrup

This is one inspired and beautifully balanced tea. Imagine a layer of quasi-carrot cake spice buffered by the sweetness of carrot with a shot of maple on a black base that nicely stands up to all this embellishment.

I like this one a lot and sadly, I am moving through this far too quickly.

Flavors: Carrot, Maple Syrup, Spices

VariaTEA’s package of this is still at my place haha

Evol Ving Ness

hmm, she hates it? she hasn’t tried it yet? you hate it? you haven’t tried it yet?

No one has tried it. It’s sitting at my place waiting for her