Blueberrie-zzz

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Blueberry, Hay, Lemon, Rooibos, Floral, Fruity, Herbs, Lavender
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas

• “The berries in this blend are just beautiful, and I made sure to put about four in when I steeped this cup. Unfortunately, the main flavor I get is chamomile and a bit of lavender. I like...” Read full tasting note
  • “I bought a sample of this on sale with my small order a while ago. The idea of a blueberry marshmallow blend was irresistible. (It also sounded pretty close to my beloved Peachy Keen.) The blend...” Read full tasting note
  • “Another sipdown. Technically, today and the next week are caffeine-free days, but I’m also eager to sipdown all my older and small sample teas (most of which are caffeinated). Luckily, I found this...” Read full tasting note
  • “This week’s Tea of the Week! This tea has quickly become one of my favorite late night drinks. I absolutely love the aroma of the brewed liquid – floral from the lavender with a bit of blueberry....” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for May 21, 2018!

As I’ve stated in the past, I’m not particularly fond of chamomile. Oh, I don’t hate it, but I also don’t love it. Occasionally, though, I do come across a blend with chamomile in it that I like – and in the past, I’ve created a few chamomile blends that I have really enjoyed. In fact, I feel comfortable declaring my adoration for a couple of chamomile blends that I’ve created that come to mind immediately: “At Play in the Fields of Love” and “April Siesta.”

And now, I get to add a third blend to that list: Blueberrie-zzz!

I started with a base of green rooibos and added chamomile, lavender, marshmallow root, vanilla bean and blueberries.

The sip offers notes of creamy vanilla, sweet-tart blueberries, floral notes from the lavender, a honeyed apple-ish note from the chamomile, and just a hint of marshmallow-ish-ness. It’s quite lovely! It’s also all-natural, caffeine-free, organic, gluten-free, allergen-free and vegan. A perfect late-night cuppa!

organic ingredients: green rooibos, chamomile, lavender, marshmallow root, blueberries, vanilla bean & natural flavors

About 52teas View company

The berries in this blend are just beautiful, and I made sure to put about four in when I steeped this cup. Unfortunately, the main flavor I get is chamomile and a bit of lavender. I like chamomile, and this is a good chamomile (for some reason, a lot of bagged chamomile teas remind me of lunch meat?) I was hoping for more flavors, but the subtlety of this one is nice. For the price, I wouldn’t purchase this one again, but it is nice to have a light, reliable tea in the cupboard.

I bought a sample of this on sale with my small order a while ago. The idea of a blueberry marshmallow blend was irresistible. (It also sounded pretty close to my beloved Peachy Keen.) The blend also has chamomile, lavender, vanilla and green rooibos. I used less leaves than Anne suggested on the package — a teaspoon and a half rather than five grams. I don’t see any larger pieces of marshmallow root in the blend, which might be why there wasn’t much marshmallow flavor. I really wanted the flavor to be mostly marshmallow and blueberry, maybe a hint of lavender. But sadly, at least this serving was mostly tasting like chamomile. I know at least three blueberries went into the infuser. I could have done without the chamomile in this blend altogether. I really loved the IDEA of the flavor combination of blueberry, vanilla, marshmallow and lavender coexisting but the chamomile just takes over.
I was drinking this while trying to get lots of DVRing done and didn’t fall asleep, so not too many zzzz’s. (Also, this snow has meant the dvr hasn’t even been recording anything for THREE DAYS – NO SIGNAL TV black out… but at least I can still watch things on the dvr. ALSO, if gritty, intense, and dark comic inspired shows are your thing, Deadly Class is an amazing piece of work… I feel like all I’ve been watching now is gritty comic shows… maybe all the other genres I watch aren’t airing at the moment.)
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoons for a full mug // 10 minutes after boiling // 2 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 10 minute steep

Evol Ving Ness

Well that sucks. I’ve been looking forward to this one with very high expectations indeed. Bah!

tea-sipper

Well, you might like the blend more than I do!

Kittenna

I agree with you – blueberry/vanilla/marshmallow/lavender sounds really good (hint hint to any tea blenders!). I’d probably also be disappointed with too much chamomile, since I don’t like that flavour.

tea-sipper

YES that combo of just the four ingredients sounds VERY good. haha

Kittenna

Trying to think of how to work those flavourings into a GoT-inspired tea for Anne to make… hahaha.

tea-sipper

haha. good plan, Kittenna!

Evol Ving Ness

I am not a huge fan of chamomile, HOWEVER, Anne has done some remarkable blending with that as an ingredient. Like truly fine blending.

tea-sipper

Sure, Anne makes some great chamomile blends, just wish it wasn’t in this one. :D

Mastress Alita

I think I got a sample of this one at one point. I’m not a fan of chamomile either, so now I’m a bit worried to hear that’s the dominant flavor. Maybe I’ll go a little leaf-heavy and see if more of the green rooibos will come out… and add some extra lavender from my big ol’ bag of lavender buds to compensate.

52Teas

be sure to shake this pouch well – it’ green rooibos and chamomile – and the big, lightweight buds of chamomile float to the top while the green rooibos leaves sift to the bottom (along with the marshmallow root).

tea-sipper

I always make sure to mix your teas well, Anne. I always want to give the teas the best flavor combination. I’ll try it again soon to make sure.
Mastress Alita – you definitely should add more lavender if you don’t love the chamomile. It’s a good chamomile anyway.

Another sipdown. Technically, today and the next week are caffeine-free days, but I’m also eager to sipdown all my older and small sample teas (most of which are caffeinated). Luckily, I found this one with enough left for one last cup.

Delicious, as always. It is like a spa in a cup, great for rainy icky days like today. :)

Flavors: Blueberry, Floral, Fruity, Hay, Herbs, Lavender

52Teas

Caffeine-free days for me mean headache days. I am completely addicted to caffeine and a day without it means a screaming headache.

This week’s Tea of the Week!

This tea has quickly become one of my favorite late night drinks. I absolutely love the aroma of the brewed liquid – floral from the lavender with a bit of blueberry. The lavender is also noticeable in the flavor but it’s a bit subtle next to the blueberry note which is quite a bit stronger. There’s a nice creaminess in the background from the marshmallow root and vanilla bean – and I get a nice honey-ish note from the chamomile. I don’t taste a lot from the rooibos – and I don’t know if that’s because the rooibos is overpowered or if it’s because the fruity green rooibos plays to the blueberry notes and melds with it so it’s less noticeable. This has a lot of flavor!

tea-sipper

This sounds incredibly unique! Blueberry, lavender, marshmallow root….