Brûlée for Breakfast?!?

Cream, Custard, Vanilla
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas
Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 12 oz / 354 ml

• “Ok, another one from yesterday’s box! This one I was gonna wait till tomorrow’s breakfast, but that TOTALLY isn’t happening. Brewed western style 212F/2tsp/2:30min/12oz Taste is… wow that is...” Read full tasting note
  • “I didn’t sleep well last night, and I knew I needed some caffeine to give my brain that gentle shake it needed to clear away the sleepy. So I’m glad that I finally (at least for the moment) have...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for May 6, 2019!

One of my suppliers recently sent me a sample of one of their newer offerings – a new, organic CTC (finely chopped) English Breakfast blend comprised of Assam, Ceylon & Indonesian black tea leaves. While I found myself slightly discouraged by the chop of the leaves – I was inspired by the hearty, robust flavor once I started sipping. It’s rich, flavorful and packs a powerful punch.

I knew that I would have a hard time blending fruit flavors with this particular blend because the strength of the tea would compete (and win) with some of the delicate notes of the fruit. Instead, I went with a creamy note: Crème Brûlée to be specific. I didn’t expect to find a clear crème brûlée flavor to the cup because – as I say – the strength of the tea would outshine the more nuanced flavors of my favorite dessert. But I am getting the creaminess of the baked custard, a touch of vanilla and some of those bittersweet notes of burnt sugar together with the vigorous flavor of rich, malty black tea. It’s really quite a lovely tea – and it’s a good way to enjoy the flavors of crème brûlée for breakfast!

As with all our teas, this is gluten-free, VEGAN, allergen-free. It’s also all organic!

organic ingredients: ctc black teas, calendula petals, vanilla beans & natural flavors

About 52teas View company

Brewed western style 212F/2tsp/2:30min/12oz

Taste is… wow that is definitely creamy! I know this is meant to be taken with sweetener, but it really is very creamy without any. But, since sweetener was intended, sweetener we shall add! MMMM now THAT is tasty. It’s still really creamy, but the added sweetener really brings out the brûlée/custard flavor. Uh oh… I may need a large of this. This is mighty good. This is the third tea I’ve tried of this batch, (although only the second I wrote up,) and by far the best. I would compare the taste to a previous 52teas blend the “caramel monkey bread rooibos”, just without the woody rooibos flavor. I do believe I’m out of that one so I will have to get a bunch of this one to hold me over till we get a reblend of the Monkey Bread. Great Job on this one!

Flavors: Cream, Custard, Vanilla

Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Kittenna

Ooooooh! This one caught my eye when I saw it posted, glad I’ll be getting it to try at some point!

I didn’t sleep well last night, and I knew I needed some caffeine to give my brain that gentle shake it needed to clear away the sleepy. So I’m glad that I finally (at least for the moment) have something like this in my cupboard. This is the first tea of the week for May – and it was a blend crafted around a finely chopped CTC English Breakfast that one of my suppliers recently started stocking. I loved it because it is an organic blend – not to mention remarkably hefty – a very bold flavor – with nice malty tones.

I went with brûlée flavors because I worried that for my first attempt with this tea, something fruitier would be overwhelmed by the robust, in your face flavor of this tea. If the flavors of a caramelized vanilla custard are somewhat overwhelmed, I figured that would be OK because it would be more like an “English Breakfast tea crème brûlée” rather than a purely vanilla custard crème brûlée. And that’s exactly how it translates in the teacup for me.

I’m drinking this non-latte at the moment, but for one of my taste testings, I did try it as a latte and it’s phenomenal served like that. It’s also good the way I’m drinking it now, a big, warm mug with a half a teaspoon of sugar (it softens the edge of this tea just enough and brings out the caramelized flavors nicely). I also enjoyed it the first time I prepared it for my taste testing: served straight up with no sweetener at all. I have yet to cold brew this – but I suspect it’s also quite good like that too.

PS: this one has just been added to the website, but the quantity is very limited until I update the inventory next week.

Frolic

I’m looking forward to trying this one in my box! It really sounds lovely.

52Teas

The boxes will be sent out on Tuesday!

sounds delicious!