Decadence!

Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas
Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 g 12 oz / 354 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “The dried leaves had an aroma of a yummy dark chocolate bar. One of the strongest I’ve ever smelled. I wondered if it would transfer to taste because so often the chocolate falls flat or gets lost....” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

A Very Special VIT (Very Important Tea) – Created for our Anniversary!

June was our anniversary month, because on June 1, 2015, we officially took over 52Teas from founder Frank Hobart. To celebrate, we included a special gift in our June subscription boxes. We do this every June starting with June 2016 – when we included a special anniversary tea (Sparkle Pony Oolong). For our June 2017 anniversary, we included a bamboo scoop in every box. For June 2018, we included a trio of custom-made lollipops from Lollies by Leah that were inspired by three of our teas.

This year, we decided to go back to what we love most: TEA! I mean, that’s why you subscribe, right? To get your hands on these teas!

So for our Fourth anniversary, we crafted a special tea that we call DECADENCE! It’s a black tea using Golden Bi Luo Chun Black Tea grown in the Yunnan Province. We added some caramel essence and just a hint of cream essence – and then we added some cacao shells & nibs to create a truly decadent dessert tea. (And it is OH so good!)

Every one of our subscribers will receive 12g of this tea in their subscription box – and this tea will be exclusive to subscribers for the first 30 days . . . which means, the very limited quantities of this tea won’t be added to the website until July 30 to allow subscribers the chance to order & stock up on it before it’s added to the website. On July 30, assuming that there are still quantities remaining, it will be available for the public to order.

This tea is absolutely DECADENT and I love it! The tea starts out with a strong chocolate-y note – followed by hints of caramel and cream in the background. It’s a dark chocolate kind of flavor . . . but if you prefer a milkier kind of chocolate, feel free to go latte with your cuppa! In addition to being decadent, rich and delicious – it’s also VEGAN, all natural, gluten-free & allergen-free!

ingredients: black tea, organic cacao nibs/shells, organic calendula petals & organic natural flavors

PS: It wasn’t until after the teas had been shipped out to our subscribers that I recalled the 52Teas “Double Chocolate Decadence” tea (one of Frank’s blends). I hope the name of this tea won’t cause too much confusion.

About 52teas View company

1 Tasting Note

The dried leaves had an aroma of a yummy dark chocolate bar. One of the strongest I’ve ever smelled. I wondered if it would transfer to taste because so often the chocolate falls flat or gets lost. Well, at least with the ones I’ve tried. It didn’t. The dark chocolate notes were on the forefront, along with some milky/creamy notes. Not really bittersweet either but definitely not milk chocolate. The sweetness is of caramel not honey and unlike the stevia overload of some flavored teas, this was just right for me. I believe the sweetness is coming from the cacao nibs. Not sure. I don’t see stevia listed in the ingredients. The golden bi luo chun notes were there as well: Sweet potatoes, brown sugar, bread, malt. Super soft mouth feeling, nice aftertaste. Highly recommended. It is a very nice dessert tea.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Caramel, Cream, Creamy, Dark Chocolate, Malt, Smooth, Sweet

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 g 12 OZ / 354 ML
52Teas

I never put stevia in my teas. I hate the stuff.

Kawaii433

@52Teas Me too… And that’s great news. ^^

ashmanra

That’s good to hear. I bought a tea once that had stevia in it and ended up with a three day stomach ache. I was so bloated. I thought it surely could not have been the tea, so I tried the tea again a week or two later. It was the tea, and stevia was the only ingredient I hadn’t had before.

52Teas

I just have never really liked stevia. It doesn’t affect me adversely except that I’m adverse to the flavor of it – it has a really funky sweetness to it that doesn’t taste like sugar to me. The only real sweeteners I’ve ever had in teas are the occasional candy sprinkles (and really, they don’t add a lot of sweetness at all) or if I happen to use candied ginger (for things like gingerbread) or candy cane or something like that – and I have used candied pineapple once or twice – but it’s all usually what constitutes a very small amount of sugar in each cup – I am a strong believer that people should decide whether or not they want to sweeten their own cup!

ashmanra

I agree, 52teas! I just had a tea with monkfruit. I gave the rest away, it was weirdly funky.

stevia sucks so bad. the taste is just gross