On Wisconsin Jade Oolong

Calendula Petals, Cinnamon, Oolong Tea, Sprinkles
Butter, Cheesecake, Cream, Gardenias, Vanilla, Floral, Green, Maple, Pastries
Edit tea info Last updated by Lupiressmoon

From A Quarter to Tea

A sweet and creamy jade oolong with sweet honey and cheesecake flavors and cow sprinkles straight from the dairy state.

About A Quarter to Tea View company

Noms. Sad I only have a teaspoon left.

Tea Press.

The other cheesecake tea that I had earlier in the week. I like this one better than the Wildside Cheesecake from Steep Me A Cup Of Tea; it just captures the creamy/buttery and tangy cheesecake flavour significantly better. Plus, it’s really smooth and the cinnamon and honey undertones are a beautiful compliment that really give you a “crust to toppings” picture of the slice of cheesecake goodness.

No milk necessary for this one; it’s perfect all on its own.

Wow. The flavour profile hits me in all my weak spots. I still have some left and I already want so much more.

What we have here is a floral and buttery oolong paired with some considerable cream heft to form a delightfully floral and milk-sour cheesecake tea. There’s some cinnamon added, which I find shocking because it blends so seamlessly in the cheesecake notes (natural and added).

I’m actually surprised how well this blend, well, blends together! Almost everytime I’ve come across a flavoured green oolong (more than one note) the flavouring and tea either act like oil and water, or the tea feels thin. This doesn’t feel thin at all.

Anyways, I hope this holds up well to repeated exposure (because this is a sure repurchase).

Steep Count: 3

The subsequent steeps are more subdued in the dessert tea department. When the the second steep cooled the cinnamon was brought out a lot.

Flavors: Butter, Cheesecake, Cream, Gardenias, Vanilla

Some notes from the other day!

I wonderingly held this up to my boyfriend’s nose and told him it smelled like gardenias and pancakes. He shook his head. (But he ended up liking it anyway. Ka-ching!)

The base is a very floral, green oolong that has a light and creamy butter note smoothing it over. There’s the faint taste of maple; not everwhelming. Every flavor is complimentary.

2nd steep, the base tea shines through even more. The maple flavor has diminished but there’s a long, lingering cream finish. It has a texture like chiffon.

This tea is like…eating biscotti on the veranda overlooking a garden in springtime. It’s pastries and flowers. I can’t believe I love it so much.

After reading other reviews, I’m confused by how I pulled a maple note from this tea. The ingredients list names molasses, so perhaps that’s where it came from. I’ll have to try it again and look for more cheesecake-specific flavors. It’s light, fluffy and dessert-y, but cheesecake wasn’t immediately what came to mind. Still a win in my book!

Flavors: Butter, Cream, Floral, Gardenias, Green, Maple, Pastries

This is delicious. That said, I prefer the third steep because the first two are far too much in your face, far too perfumed. Perhaps I am using too much leaf though I use just as much as I would for an oolong, way less than half of a DT’s spoon. I drink it black. Maybe that is the problem. Either way, my experimenting continues to find that immediate perfect cup. And the next and the next.

Daylon R Thomas

I had the same problem. I do not know if this would help, but I typically drank 2-3 grams in 16 ounce tumbler at about 77 C. It is an awesome blend despite my desire for it to be Apple Cider Panna Cotta.

Evol Ving Ness

Thanks, Daylon. Yes, I wanted it to be Apple Cider Panna Cotta too. In fact, I order all the QTT jade oolongs with the same hope.

Daylon R Thomas

LOL dido but you probably read my notes X

Kittenna

Sounds like this Apple Cider Panna Cotta is a must-try!

It’s seasonal…

… this is… really interesting. And really kind of tasty, and different. Creamy and sweet with a honeyed flavour that lingers. Unlike anything I’ve had before.

VariaTEA

I need to get more of this one

Sample from VariaTEA (there are a few here i need to drink up…) and i am a fan of this one. I don’t LOVE green oolongs, but this one really works with the flavouring. It’s very vanilla cheesecake for me…only thing making it not so much cheesecake is that tang that i love in cheesecake. Still though, a really tasty cup!

VariaTEA

I’m glad you liked this one. I was a fan and wanted to share. This is the tea that makes me want more.

it was really lovely…making me think about an order..

Kittenna

Just tried mine tonight. I only got a small sample, and this might be a re-order for me too…

Sometimes I get excited and buy teas in bulk and then think to myself “why? why did I do this?” but not this one. One sip of its cheesecake deliciousness and I am reminded of why I liked it and why I needed MOAR!

Evol Ving Ness

How much leaf of this do you use, VariaTEA? When I tried it, it was very in my face. Perhaps it was a user error. How do you proceed to find the deliciousness?

VariaTEA

I use 2 perfect teas in 16 oz usually. And the flavor is very strong but personally I like that. Perhaps if it is too much, cut the leaf in 1/2?

ok, thank you.

Very unique! I haven’t tasted a tea quite like this one. In fact, I can’t even really describe what the flavor is since I can’t place it. It’s lightly colored but surprisingly strong in flavor without any perfume or fakeness. Very nice for certain moods.

This is delicious. And very creamy!! Definitely an oolong, hanging out in the background. Needs more infusions for me to say more regarding the oolongness. That’s fine! I love the sweet lingering aftertaste.
For anyone who has tried the redleaf tea cheesecake matcha, the flavouring is pretty much identical, it just interacts differently with the base tea. Bonus, seeing as you can steep this multiple times, unlike matcha where you drink the leaf.
Oh! when I took the steeper out of my mug, a cloud of tea poofed. I love it when the tannins bloom like that :P