Chocolate Chai Pu Erh

Chai Pu-erh Blend
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Orphia

1 Tasting Note View all

• “There is a very, very unpleasant smell to both the dry mix and the brewed tea. I won’t sugarcoat it; it stinks like urine. Urine mixed with chai spices, if you can imagine such a thing. This is...” Read full tasting note

From Adagio Teas

Smooth, rich and comforting. Our Chocolate Pu Erh Chai hits all the marks for the perfect afternoon treat. It has everything you love about a good spicy chai, the boldness of chocolate and the silky mouthfeel that only pu erh can bring you. This is one flavorful cuppa that is sure to satisfy.

About Adagio Teas View company

1 Tasting Note

There is a very, very unpleasant smell to both the dry mix and the brewed tea. I won’t sugarcoat it; it stinks like urine. Urine mixed with chai spices, if you can imagine such a thing. This is pretty much the only reason I’m rating it as low as I am.

The taste is actually pretty good if you ignore the horrid smell and don’t oversteep. It’s chocolatey and spicy, smoother than the standard chocolate chai Adagio offers. I find it’s best if you use a teaspoon and a half, and stick to near-boiling water. Three minute steep, since at the recommended five the ginger overpowers everything else.

But that pee smell, ugh. It doesn’t exactly entice me to restock after finishing my sample.