Oolong Tea
Flavouring, Oolong, Peach, Pistacho, Rose Petals, White Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by apieceofquiche

• “Mmmmmm this is good. I’m getting more lime than peach, and not anything floral – but that is just fine with me. Most fruity oolong thst I’ve had have been with a green oolong...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 998 tasting notes
  • “Just got home from supper out with my old roommate Shauna and her boyfriend; they actually picked the pub we went to and it was really, really nice there. I ended up drinking a lot so...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 4457 tasting notes
  • “I was so excited to get this sample (along with a couple of others) in the mail! I tried this one first, and I didn’t steep it for the full five minutes that it said on the package, because I...” Read full tasting note
    teataku 224 tasting notes

From August Uncommon Tea

Tastes Like: peach, crème fraîche, iris, lime blossom
Feels Like: georgia o’keefe flowers

The iris is a flower long revered for its majesty. It has been a favorite of royalty and artists for centuries. One of the most intriguing depictions of the iris is found in the graceful curves and vibrance of Georgia O’Keefe’s paintings. The aroma of this tea is flamboyant, its texture silky. It has the unmistakable scent of iris: an accord of lime blossom and creamy vanilla. At first, the bright acidity of peach and lime dominate. The next sip deepens with the velvetiness of roasted oolong. Peach and rose are the notes that linger. Adding milk introduces pistachio and white chocolate flavors. Chilling this tea deepens its earthiness to bring out roasted peach and dirty rose notes. An experience as mysterious and elegant as the intoxicating spring flower.

A tea perfect for afternoons and evenings of luxurious reverie.

Ingredients: formosa oolong tea, dried peach, persian pistachio, white chocolate, rose petals, flavoring

About August Uncommon Tea View company

Mmmmmm this is good. I’m getting more lime than peach, and not anything floral – but that is just fine with me. Most fruity oolong thst I’ve had have been with a green oolong base, this one is a darker oolong – and they chose a good one. The darker base isn’t woody, isn’t smoky or roasty, it’s pretty neutral but definitely oolong. It’s a little creamy, a little fruity (mostly lime), with some oolong notes. I drank this hot but I’m pretty sure it would be good as an iced tea.

I ended up drinking a lot so I’m just a little drunk at the moment – but SO worth it. One of the pub specials for cocktails is called a Lemon Meringue Pie and HOLY SHIT it’s good. But almost kind of evil in how smooth and easy it goes down – I was like four in before I realized the alcohol was hitting me really quickly. I almost ordered their version of Blueberry Tea as well ‘cause I saw it was on their specialty menu and I wanted to compare to the Blueberry Tea I had yesterday, but they were actually out of Orange Pekoe so they couldn’t make it. That just means I have to go back there another time, though…

This is probably gonna be my final tea of the night; I made myself a very small teacup of it when I got home just ‘cause I set it aside before I went out in the afternoon not realizing I’d be back so late and if I don’t make it today I’ll be sad ’cause I really wanted to see how it holds up hot.

I have to say that overall I think it’s better hot than it is cold brewed but I still find it really weird too. The peach is so strong though that it almost negates the other odd flavour pairings and what the peach really reminds me of is when, as a kid, you’d finish off a bag of fuzzy peach candies and then “drink” the little sour sugar crystals from the bottom of the bag. I can’t be the only one who did that, right? But it’s the same intensity with that same really bright and almost sort of shocking vibrancy of sweet and tangy.

The rest of the flavour notes are sweet and borderline creamy pistachio and a touch of a soft roasted note/feel. I don’t think this is nearly as floral hot. That, or I just didn’t get a lot of rose petals in the leaf I used. I can’t really remember what the ratio of stuff I measured out looked like, to be honest.

Marginally bumping my rating up – but in a cautious way. A part of me wonders if the improvement in tonight’s teacup has anything to do with the light buzz I’ve got going on as well.

I was so excited to get this sample (along with a couple of others) in the mail! I tried this one first, and I didn’t steep it for the full five minutes that it said on the package, because I don’t feel like any oolong really needs that long… but maybe I should have, because I feel like I didn’t get all the flavor that was promised to me by the AMAZING smell coming off the dry leaf. I think this is the first time that I have been able to detect all of the scents that the package said were there, instead of just some of them. The most prominent scent was the peach, followed by the pistachio and the crème fraiche, and then after a few whiffs I could smell a hint of lime. But the brew just didn’t deliver. I could taste the peach, and a little bit of the crème fraiche creaminess, but even after sweetening, I couldn’t coax any pistachio or lime flavor out of it. The oolong was nice and bready, and slightly naturally sweet, but weak, like someone swapped half of it out for mineral water (or didn’t steep it long enough… maybe I will try it again steeped for five minutes…?). I liked this tea, but it’s nothing to write home about.