Ceylon Black Tea
Cherry Wood, Malt, Smoke, Tobacco
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Chris Chamorro

• “Got a tea bag in my huge bags section and… as many of you know, I kind of adore Basilur brand for price-quality ratio. This tea is exactly what I expected from it. Full bodied taste, very malty but...” Read full tasting note
  • “Merry (belated) Christmas and a happy New Year! I’m still lurking around here somewhere. I really want to review my teas more again so I can figure out which ones to keep in the cupboard and which...” Read full tasting note
  • “How i got it: Bought It (Basilur’s “Leaf of Ceylon” Assorted Pack) Experience: First 50 tasting notes, yay! hehe.. Well, it’s time for some Basilur teas, so i began trying this one. It smells like...” Read full tasting note

From Basilur

Grown in the Eastern slopes of Ceylon’s central mountains, tea from UVA district deserves to be enjoyed as a self drinking tea, especially during the Uva quality season.Grown in the Eastern slopes of Ceylon’s central mountains, tea from UVA district has quite a remarkable flavour and is in high demand from tea blends around the world. It deserves also to be enjoyed as a self drinking tea, especially during the Uva quality season.

100% Pure Ceylon black teas from the higher elevations (high grown) of Ceylon.

About Basilur View company

This tea is exactly what I expected from it. Full bodied taste, very malty but it have got character – it is not one-dimmensional as some are. I notice notes of tobacco, cherry wood, bit of smoky as well. Steeping for three minutes was enough to have all of this!

I am not sure if I should look for loose-leaf version. It’s worth to have even teabags!
As for tea bag – I have to rate it that high. I feel I am lover of Ceylon teas – they “speak” the most for me.

Flavors: Cherry Wood, Malt, Smoke, Tobacco

205 °F / 96 °C 3 min, 0 sec 10 OZ / 300 ML
gmathis

I will have to go back to our Tuesday Morning store to see if any new Basilur varities have landed there!

Merry (belated) Christmas and a happy New Year! I’m still lurking around here somewhere. I really want to review my teas more again so I can figure out which ones to keep in the cupboard and which to not.

Anyways, I’m finishing up a small sample sized bag that I got almost a year ago from the TO tea festival. Up until this cup, I’ve quite enjoyed this tea. Didn’t have any issues with it and really loved it. Nice and malty which is what I enjoy.
Today, I’m not really enjoying it. It’s probably because I forgot to time my steep.
I had the loose-leaf version of this one. So, yes it’s good. Today’s cup wasn’t…
On the whole, I don’t think I would get this one again. I have others I enjoy a bit more.

How i got it: Bought It (Basilur’s “Leaf of Ceylon” Assorted Pack)

Experience: First 50 tasting notes, yay! hehe.. Well, it’s time for some Basilur teas, so i began trying this one. It smells like a mix between Ceylon and Darjeeling, with an acidic and light aroma. At the other hand, its flavor is mainly malty (i’d say even a bit more than an Assam), but with a good deal of richness and complexity. It has a particular soft-bitter touch at the beginning of the sip, which reminds me of Breakfast blends, along with some ripe grapes/blackberries notes. Its taste tends to fade a bit at the end of the sip, but not that much. Really interesting tea, and a good start for this pack. Quite good.

Would i buy it again?: Has good possiblities. I’m looking forward to try the loose-leaf version someday