Nearly Nirvana

Green Tea, Jasmine Flowers, Spearmint, White Tea
Jasmine, Spearmint, Floral, Honeysuckle, Mint, Smooth
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

Available from 1 seller.

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Award-winning, white silver needle tea with spiritual spearmint + heavenly jasmine.

This luxury pure white tea with heavenly jasmine and spiritual spearmint will surely help you reach nirvana. Don’t just take our word for it… Japanese monks say tea embodies the four Buddhist principles and the word on the street is that they also use it to help them stay awake during meditation and to quiet their grumbling tummies during fasts!

Chinese white tea, Chinese green tea, jasmine blossoms, spearmint, orange blossom

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

Dear Nearly Nirvana,

Thank you for staying true to your keeping grumbling tummies happy description. It is actually working. These jerks working on a condo across the NARROW road from my boyfriend’s garage are parked so much in the way that we cannot get his car out.

They are still here and they want to continuously argue with him. I might not have the lack of anger a monk does but hey, I’m surviving it being 2:15 now and I haven’t had lunch yet.

This was one of my samples from Bluebird, and it sounded like something I’d like so I had it. It was refreshing, the combination of citrus, mint, and jasmine really can do that. It would probably make a good iced tea too but I finished it off before it even got cold.

It was really relaxing too, I know I got more than enough sleep last night because I was bored enough to go to bed before 12:30am, and it still made me kind of sleepy when I had it.

Part of my monthly club package.

This blend is so beautiful in appearance, very natural and pure. It has a strong spearmint aroma which is both fresh and very cooling but also sort of creamy and sweet.

Flavour wise it’s very thickly spearmint with some sweetness and floral tones. The floral tones are rather recognisable as being jasmine particularly in the after taste. It sounds like a bizarre combination (jasmine and spearmint) but they actually work very well together.

As it cools the blend becomes creamier and less sweet and thick. I can actually feel myself relaxing whilst sipping. :)

This was actually ok.
Until I accidentally knocked my cup over, spilling tea all over the place
dammit

TeaKlutz

ARRGH! Spilled tea is the WORST! (And far more worth crying over than spilled milk!)

Another quick note, as I didn’t want to leave my only Bluebird Tea Co tasting note the not-very positive one on Vicky’s Sponge Cake, after I’ve enjoyed some of the other teas I got from them. This is probably my favourite, as I’ve not had the jasmine & spearmint combo before in a green/white, and it’s a real winner. I may have been a bit over-cautious with water temp, as it was definitely below 80, and the smell is stronger than the taste, but it’s such an utterly wonderful smell that I’m not complaining. Nice blend of white (which I’d guess to be a white peony?) and green tea for the base, and overall balanced and delicate blend.

I didn’t want to edit the tea info (which is the same as the website) as I’m not positive about this, but the ingredients on the package say orange flowers, not orange, and I’m definitely not getting any orange taste. There are lots of beautiful flowers in with the tea & spearmint leaves, though I didn’t have time (or probably, knowledge!) to spread them out and decide what type they were.

Mike Turner

Ach thanks for pointing that out it should definitely say ORANGE BLOSSOMS! Whoops will get this updated asap!

cteresa

Orange blossom is totally not orange and taste/smell is nothing related. That is a pet peeve of mine indeed.

Hallieod

Yup, totally different. (And orange blossom aroma is fantastic – we got the real thing in Tucson!) It was only a typo-type (?) mistake that the “blossoms” got left off in the website description, which was copied here. It was right on the tea though!

Hallieod

And no problem, Mike. It’s a lovely tea and orange would be all wrong! :)

cteresa

Orange and lemon blossom is indeed fantastisc – it was in season a couple weeks ago. Orange blossom season in April, coinciding a bit with jasmine season (one jasmine plant can perfume a whole street) and then wisteria. Then the scents end, though jacaranda tree season (unscented but fantastical) is coming any moment now.

But even better than orange blossom, IMO, it´s the loquat trees blossom. They bloom November-ish and scent is a bit weaker, though not really weak. It´s even better than orange blossom, not as sweet but sweet, different and at a time of the year you need all the cheering up possible. Loquat blossom rules.

Hallieod

Oh wow, Teresa, I remember you talking about the the loquat blossoms before, and it sounded amazing then AND now. Fruit doesn’t grow in the UK (as I’ve just discovered) but the trees are grown as ornamentals, so they should flower. I think! I now must smell these flowers!,

cteresa

The trick about loquat blossom is that They bloom even you do not expect anytthing else to be in bloom, it can take some looking around to figure what can possibly be smelling so sweet – here it is on late november. Not sure they do in the British islands at the same time ( but over there you can grow tulips and peonies which I can not ….)

I forgot one tree – soon lime or lindens will be blossom, those are also I incredibly fragrant and so many people go not notice the real origin of that scent.

1 tablespoon for 248 ml

Great flavour combination. The spearmint is the predominant flavour which balances well with the jasmine. The white tea gives the slightest pleasant astringent edge.

100/365

I still think spearmint and jasmine is an odd combination, which is probably what’s stopped me revisiting this blend before. This bag came as a sample with my last Bluebird order, though, so I figured I’d give it a go since it’s been literally placed in front of me.

There’s more jasmine here than I remember there being, to the extent that I can’t really taste the spearmint at all. You can find it in the aftertaste a little, and it adds a background sweetness, but in truth it’s barely discernible.

Which leaves jasmine. It’s floral and perfumey, as you might expect. It’s interesting to try it on a white/green base, rather than just a green base as is more usual, but it’s still not something I’d enjoy drinking every day. It’s not even overpowering, as jasmine goes, just…not for me.

Glad to have had the chance to try it again, though, because you never know!

175 °F / 79 °C 2 min, 45 sec 1 tsp

I’m not sure what made me add this one to my basket when I last ordered from Bird & Blend as I’m typically not a fan of any blends containing jasmine. I think perhaps the description on the website intrigued me. I want to like this tea, I really do, and in the packet it smells as though I should. The spearmint is strong, with the jasmine just barely creeping through. It smells delicate and cleansing and each time I brew it, I feel sure I’m going to enjoy it this time. But, I dunno… as soon as I taste it, all I get is the jasmine. Well, no, that’s not entirely true, because the spearmint is marginally there, but it’s no more than a brief aftertaste. It’s not a tea I hate, it’s not even one I strongly dislike. Perhaps if the spearmint was a bit stronger I might even enjoy it. As it is, it’s merely too floral tasting for me.

Flavors: Jasmine, Spearmint

Summer Vacation! Though this is a blend, the teas in the blend are Chinese (Chinese green tea and jasmine silver needle white tea) so I say it fits during my China stay for my summer vacation theme (honestly, I was just feeling a blend tonight, and wanted something lighter on caffeine to catch up on some sleep). I got this as a free sampler with one of my B&B orders… not sure when, except it was at some point when they were still known as Bluebird Tea Co. I’m not a fan of jasmine unless it is very lightly scented in the tea, and my initial thought sniffing the single sachet sampler is that it smelled a bit heavily of jasmine. Hmm. Well, I’ll still brew it up and give it a try, and if it really reeks of jasmine from the brewed cup, it wasn’t like anything was wasted. It was a freebie, after all!

Brewed, the jasmine still smells a little strong for my tastes… not as bad as my one foray into jasmine pearls, but still heavier than I tend to prefer jasmine in my teas before it just feels too perfumey to me. Thankfully the spearmint in the blend helps cut back on the flavor a lot, so it doesn’t taste like I’m just drinking perfume, which is a major problem I have with most jasmine teas. The floral and spearmint flavor combination is actually pretty pleasant on the palate… but this still wouldn’t ever be a tea I’d pick up for myself. The heady aroma off the cup is just too much. If the jasmine was toned down a bit — perhaps the balance of that particular tea was much lighter compared to the green tea in the blend, or a lighter-scented version of the jasmine silver needle was used, or the spearmint was even heavier — then maybe I’d be happier with it, but as it is it just strikes that place that is too perfume-scented for me, which can be a problem with my migraines.

Which is a bit of a shame, really. Because it has a very smooth base, light and delicate, very floral, and I like the sharp mintiness at the end of the sip. I’m just very much a “less is more” sort of person with that particular floral note.

Flavors: Floral, Honeysuckle, Jasmine, Mint, Smooth, Spearmint

I love this tea! I find this tea is really affective at calming and clearing the mind. Also, the taste really is like reaching nirvana. Just a wonderful mixture of green tea, jasmine, and the slightest hint of spearmint. Very well done.

Flavors: Jasmine, Spearmint

*Joey voice * I’m back, baby!

Alright so I abandoned everything not so long ago, but I’m getting back into what feels like my own life and rediscovering the things I loved. I have new resolve and I’m going to reverse the damage I did to my health/diet over the last few months as well as finally fixing the things I broke a couple of years ago when my anxiety and depression were at their worst. I was doing well for a while but it can be so demoralising when you work so hard and still have a long way to go that I came very close to giving up. So I had a slight relapse, it’s no big deal. I can pick myself up and move on. There is now an end date in sight for my most serious problems and I’m already starting to feel the relief. Tea is a big part of my enjoying and appreciating life (no matter how sad that might sound) and I’m taking it as a big positive that my love of it is returning.

It’s the weirdest thing, I woke up a couple of days ago thinking about this tea, and today I was craving it again so decided to dig it out and brew myself a big ol’ mug. It was totally worth it. Just as good as I remembered, and I’m actually surprised it doesn’t have more notes. In my opinion this is one of Bluebird’s best teas. All of the flavours blend together so well, and it’s so delicate and flavourful at the same time but no one flavour overpowers another. Every time I drink it I’m impressed. For me, the white and green tea blend is delicious and really compliments the flavours. It is the tea I taste most in the sip, which is sometimes not the case with Bluebird teas, and the flavours of jasmine and spearmint are in sort of supporting roles. Afterwards, though, the tea fades and the jasmine remains strong, followed by the spearmint, which lingers the longest.

It’s such a relaxing, delicious cup of tea which never fails to impress me, and definitely a good choice for this afternoon. Okay now I’ve banged on about it for so long I’m going to be late for work.

Shmiracles

Me too!
All of this —me too! (I posted yesterday for the first time in over a year I think)
But I’m determined to get balance back in my life.
Glad you’re back!