Nearly Nirvana

Green Herbal White Blend
Green Tea, Jasmine Flowers, Spearmint, White Tea
Apricot, Floral, Hay, Jasmine, Oats, Smoke, Smooth, Spearmint, Sweet, Creamy, Grass, Mint, Vegetal, Honeysuckle
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

Available from 1 seller.

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Award-winning, white silver needle tea with spiritual spearmint + heavenly jasmine.

This luxury pure white tea with heavenly jasmine and spiritual spearmint will surely help you reach nirvana. Don’t just take our word for it… Japanese monks say tea embodies the four Buddhist principles and the word on the street is that they also use it to help them stay awake during meditation and to quiet their grumbling tummies during fasts!

Chinese white tea, Chinese green tea, jasmine blossoms, spearmint, orange blossom

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

Dear Nearly Nirvana,

Thank you for staying true to your keeping grumbling tummies happy description. It is actually working. These jerks working on a condo across the NARROW road from my boyfriend’s garage are parked so much in the way that we cannot get his car out.

They are still here and they want to continuously argue with him. I might not have the lack of anger a monk does but hey, I’m surviving it being 2:15 now and I haven’t had lunch yet.

This was one of my samples from Bluebird, and it sounded like something I’d like so I had it. It was refreshing, the combination of citrus, mint, and jasmine really can do that. It would probably make a good iced tea too but I finished it off before it even got cold.

It was really relaxing too, I know I got more than enough sleep last night because I was bored enough to go to bed before 12:30am, and it still made me kind of sleepy when I had it.

Part of my monthly club package.

This blend is so beautiful in appearance, very natural and pure. It has a strong spearmint aroma which is both fresh and very cooling but also sort of creamy and sweet.

Flavour wise it’s very thickly spearmint with some sweetness and floral tones. The floral tones are rather recognisable as being jasmine particularly in the after taste. It sounds like a bizarre combination (jasmine and spearmint) but they actually work very well together.

As it cools the blend becomes creamier and less sweet and thick. I can actually feel myself relaxing whilst sipping. :)

This was actually ok.
Until I accidentally knocked my cup over, spilling tea all over the place
dammit

TeaKlutz

ARRGH! Spilled tea is the WORST! (And far more worth crying over than spilled milk!)

Another quick note, as I didn’t want to leave my only Bluebird Tea Co tasting note the not-very positive one on Vicky’s Sponge Cake, after I’ve enjoyed some of the other teas I got from them. This is probably my favourite, as I’ve not had the jasmine & spearmint combo before in a green/white, and it’s a real winner. I may have been a bit over-cautious with water temp, as it was definitely below 80, and the smell is stronger than the taste, but it’s such an utterly wonderful smell that I’m not complaining. Nice blend of white (which I’d guess to be a white peony?) and green tea for the base, and overall balanced and delicate blend.

I didn’t want to edit the tea info (which is the same as the website) as I’m not positive about this, but the ingredients on the package say orange flowers, not orange, and I’m definitely not getting any orange taste. There are lots of beautiful flowers in with the tea & spearmint leaves, though I didn’t have time (or probably, knowledge!) to spread them out and decide what type they were.

Mike Turner

Ach thanks for pointing that out it should definitely say ORANGE BLOSSOMS! Whoops will get this updated asap!

cteresa

Orange blossom is totally not orange and taste/smell is nothing related. That is a pet peeve of mine indeed.

Hallieod

Yup, totally different. (And orange blossom aroma is fantastic – we got the real thing in Tucson!) It was only a typo-type (?) mistake that the “blossoms” got left off in the website description, which was copied here. It was right on the tea though!

Hallieod

And no problem, Mike. It’s a lovely tea and orange would be all wrong! :)

cteresa

Orange and lemon blossom is indeed fantastisc – it was in season a couple weeks ago. Orange blossom season in April, coinciding a bit with jasmine season (one jasmine plant can perfume a whole street) and then wisteria. Then the scents end, though jacaranda tree season (unscented but fantastical) is coming any moment now.

But even better than orange blossom, IMO, it´s the loquat trees blossom. They bloom November-ish and scent is a bit weaker, though not really weak. It´s even better than orange blossom, not as sweet but sweet, different and at a time of the year you need all the cheering up possible. Loquat blossom rules.

Hallieod

Oh wow, Teresa, I remember you talking about the the loquat blossoms before, and it sounded amazing then AND now. Fruit doesn’t grow in the UK (as I’ve just discovered) but the trees are grown as ornamentals, so they should flower. I think! I now must smell these flowers!,

cteresa

The trick about loquat blossom is that They bloom even you do not expect anytthing else to be in bloom, it can take some looking around to figure what can possibly be smelling so sweet – here it is on late november. Not sure they do in the British islands at the same time ( but over there you can grow tulips and peonies which I can not ….)

I forgot one tree – soon lime or lindens will be blossom, those are also I incredibly fragrant and so many people go not notice the real origin of that scent.

1 tablespoon for 248 ml

Great flavour combination. The spearmint is the predominant flavour which balances well with the jasmine. The white tea gives the slightest pleasant astringent edge.

100/365

I still think spearmint and jasmine is an odd combination, which is probably what’s stopped me revisiting this blend before. This bag came as a sample with my last Bluebird order, though, so I figured I’d give it a go since it’s been literally placed in front of me.

There’s more jasmine here than I remember there being, to the extent that I can’t really taste the spearmint at all. You can find it in the aftertaste a little, and it adds a background sweetness, but in truth it’s barely discernible.

Which leaves jasmine. It’s floral and perfumey, as you might expect. It’s interesting to try it on a white/green base, rather than just a green base as is more usual, but it’s still not something I’d enjoy drinking every day. It’s not even overpowering, as jasmine goes, just…not for me.

Glad to have had the chance to try it again, though, because you never know!

175 °F / 79 °C 2 min, 45 sec 1 tsp

Bird & Blend Tea Advent Calendar – Day 21

So I’m sick and very congested. Luckily, I’ve already tried this tea previously, so I don’t feel bad drinking it even though I can’t taste very well.

I like this one enough that I added a 50g bag to my order on Sunday, when B&B was offering Christmas Cake for a limited time. I also ordered today to get the Candy Cane black tea that was offered for one day only, and I actually ended up getting 150g since the 50g size was sold out by the time I checked the site at ~7:00 AM. There’s a bit of a disadvantage to liking B&B and being in the US… Oh well, I figured I can find someone to share it with if need be!

This is lovely, as it was before. With my sinus congestion, I think I can taste the white tea more than last time, and it has a somewhat creamy note to it. I really do like the combination of jasmine and spearmint, as I feel like the refreshing mint helps to wrangle the more heady jasmine a bit.

I’m not a jasmine lover by any means, but I do like the idea of having one jasmine tea in my cupboard, and this is definitely the one.

Ugh, my head…

Flavors: Apricot, Creamy, Floral, Grass, Jasmine, Mint, Oats, Smooth, Spearmint, Vegetal

175 °F / 79 °C 3 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML
tea-sipper

This is a good one, definitely.

Nattie

Yes! I love this tea!

I’m not sure what made me add this one to my basket when I last ordered from Bird & Blend as I’m typically not a fan of any blends containing jasmine. I think perhaps the description on the website intrigued me. I want to like this tea, I really do, and in the packet it smells as though I should. The spearmint is strong, with the jasmine just barely creeping through. It smells delicate and cleansing and each time I brew it, I feel sure I’m going to enjoy it this time. But, I dunno… as soon as I taste it, all I get is the jasmine. Well, no, that’s not entirely true, because the spearmint is marginally there, but it’s no more than a brief aftertaste. It’s not a tea I hate, it’s not even one I strongly dislike. Perhaps if the spearmint was a bit stronger I might even enjoy it. As it is, it’s merely too floral tasting for me.

Flavors: Jasmine, Spearmint

Holiday Tea-son! So today my advent calendar is another Bird & Blend that I have reviewed before, which you can peruse here if you so wish: https://steepster.com/mastressalita/posts/379065 . I’m not a huge fan of jasmine teas because they tend to get too “perfumy” for me and irritate my head, and while I did enjoy this one more than the majority of jasmine teas I’ve tried in the past thanks to the blend of spearmint, it was still a little too strong on the jasmine notes to really be my kind of tea, so I figured I’d throw this one in the pile of advent teas I’m going to send to my friend because they just aren’t for me (of course there was banana in my 52Teas one, and if anyone knows anything about me, banana is my most hated food ever, so that one was right out…)

But when I saw B&B’s e-mail today, there was a recipe for making rice with this tea, and I have used various teas to make Minute Rice in the past, so I figured, why not? Their recipe was of course much larger and more complicated than what I typically do, but I’m a one-person household, I don’t need much tea or rice to feed a single person. When I do Minute Rice, I do the smallest portion, which is 1 cup water/1 cup rice, so I brought a cup of water to a boil on the stove, dropped in the sachet, let it steep for a few minutes, removed it, then dropped in the rice, lowered the heat and covered the pan, and let the rice soak up the tea.

And… I actually really like this! It actually makes the jasmine note subtle rather than really aromatic and overwhelming on my senses. I can taste that slight jasmine floral flavor on my rice, but there is nothing “perfumy” about my meal like I would get from a tea. This may just be what I have to do with the free jasmine tea samplers that end up in my orders from various tea vendors from now on. The only bad thing is the spearmint in this blend didn’t come through in the rice at all, which was a little disappointing.

Increasing my rating since this has actually given me a use for what will no doubt be other Nearly Nirvana free samplers that will show up in future B&B orders in the future, and this Minute Rice is delicious!

Flavors: Floral, Jasmine

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
tea-sipper

Tea rice – somehow haven’t thought of that yet.

Mastress Alita

I use tea as my ramen broth too, heh! What can I say, I still like to eat like a college student/bachelor.

I love this tea! I find this tea is really affective at calming and clearing the mind. Also, the taste really is like reaching nirvana. Just a wonderful mixture of green tea, jasmine, and the slightest hint of spearmint. Very well done.

Flavors: Jasmine, Spearmint