Nearly Nirvana

Green Herbal White Blend
Green Tea, Jasmine Flowers, Spearmint, White Tea
Dry Grass, Hay, Jasmine, Spearmint, Cut grass, Apricot, Floral, Oats, Smoke, Smooth, Sweet, Creamy, Grass, Mint, Vegetal, Honeysuckle
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by tea-sipper

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Award-winning, white silver needle tea with spiritual spearmint + heavenly jasmine.

This luxury pure white tea with heavenly jasmine and spiritual spearmint will surely help you reach nirvana. Don’t just take our word for it… Japanese monks say tea embodies the four Buddhist principles and the word on the street is that they also use it to help them stay awake during meditation and to quiet their grumbling tummies during fasts!

Chinese white tea, Chinese green tea, jasmine blossoms, spearmint, orange blossom

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

Dear Nearly Nirvana,

Thank you for staying true to your keeping grumbling tummies happy description. It is actually working. These jerks working on a condo across the NARROW road from my boyfriend’s garage are parked so much in the way that we cannot get his car out.

They are still here and they want to continuously argue with him. I might not have the lack of anger a monk does but hey, I’m surviving it being 2:15 now and I haven’t had lunch yet.

This was one of my samples from Bluebird, and it sounded like something I’d like so I had it. It was refreshing, the combination of citrus, mint, and jasmine really can do that. It would probably make a good iced tea too but I finished it off before it even got cold.

It was really relaxing too, I know I got more than enough sleep last night because I was bored enough to go to bed before 12:30am, and it still made me kind of sleepy when I had it.

Part of my monthly club package.

This blend is so beautiful in appearance, very natural and pure. It has a strong spearmint aroma which is both fresh and very cooling but also sort of creamy and sweet.

Flavour wise it’s very thickly spearmint with some sweetness and floral tones. The floral tones are rather recognisable as being jasmine particularly in the after taste. It sounds like a bizarre combination (jasmine and spearmint) but they actually work very well together.

As it cools the blend becomes creamier and less sweet and thick. I can actually feel myself relaxing whilst sipping. :)

This was actually ok.
Until I accidentally knocked my cup over, spilling tea all over the place
dammit

TeaKlutz

ARRGH! Spilled tea is the WORST! (And far more worth crying over than spilled milk!)

Another quick note, as I didn’t want to leave my only Bluebird Tea Co tasting note the not-very positive one on Vicky’s Sponge Cake, after I’ve enjoyed some of the other teas I got from them. This is probably my favourite, as I’ve not had the jasmine & spearmint combo before in a green/white, and it’s a real winner. I may have been a bit over-cautious with water temp, as it was definitely below 80, and the smell is stronger than the taste, but it’s such an utterly wonderful smell that I’m not complaining. Nice blend of white (which I’d guess to be a white peony?) and green tea for the base, and overall balanced and delicate blend.

I didn’t want to edit the tea info (which is the same as the website) as I’m not positive about this, but the ingredients on the package say orange flowers, not orange, and I’m definitely not getting any orange taste. There are lots of beautiful flowers in with the tea & spearmint leaves, though I didn’t have time (or probably, knowledge!) to spread them out and decide what type they were.

Mike Turner

Ach thanks for pointing that out it should definitely say ORANGE BLOSSOMS! Whoops will get this updated asap!

cteresa

Orange blossom is totally not orange and taste/smell is nothing related. That is a pet peeve of mine indeed.

Hallieod

Yup, totally different. (And orange blossom aroma is fantastic – we got the real thing in Tucson!) It was only a typo-type (?) mistake that the “blossoms” got left off in the website description, which was copied here. It was right on the tea though!

Hallieod

And no problem, Mike. It’s a lovely tea and orange would be all wrong! :)

cteresa

Orange and lemon blossom is indeed fantastisc – it was in season a couple weeks ago. Orange blossom season in April, coinciding a bit with jasmine season (one jasmine plant can perfume a whole street) and then wisteria. Then the scents end, though jacaranda tree season (unscented but fantastical) is coming any moment now.

But even better than orange blossom, IMO, it´s the loquat trees blossom. They bloom November-ish and scent is a bit weaker, though not really weak. It´s even better than orange blossom, not as sweet but sweet, different and at a time of the year you need all the cheering up possible. Loquat blossom rules.

Hallieod

Oh wow, Teresa, I remember you talking about the the loquat blossoms before, and it sounded amazing then AND now. Fruit doesn’t grow in the UK (as I’ve just discovered) but the trees are grown as ornamentals, so they should flower. I think! I now must smell these flowers!,

cteresa

The trick about loquat blossom is that They bloom even you do not expect anytthing else to be in bloom, it can take some looking around to figure what can possibly be smelling so sweet – here it is on late november. Not sure they do in the British islands at the same time ( but over there you can grow tulips and peonies which I can not ….)

I forgot one tree – soon lime or lindens will be blossom, those are also I incredibly fragrant and so many people go not notice the real origin of that scent.

1 tablespoon for 248 ml

Great flavour combination. The spearmint is the predominant flavour which balances well with the jasmine. The white tea gives the slightest pleasant astringent edge.

100/365

I still think spearmint and jasmine is an odd combination, which is probably what’s stopped me revisiting this blend before. This bag came as a sample with my last Bluebird order, though, so I figured I’d give it a go since it’s been literally placed in front of me.

There’s more jasmine here than I remember there being, to the extent that I can’t really taste the spearmint at all. You can find it in the aftertaste a little, and it adds a background sweetness, but in truth it’s barely discernible.

Which leaves jasmine. It’s floral and perfumey, as you might expect. It’s interesting to try it on a white/green base, rather than just a green base as is more usual, but it’s still not something I’d enjoy drinking every day. It’s not even overpowering, as jasmine goes, just…not for me.

Glad to have had the chance to try it again, though, because you never know!

175 °F / 79 °C 2 min, 45 sec 1 tsp

Sipdown (287)

I like the spearmint. I don’t like the jasmine. One is minty and refreshing and crisp. The other starts off nice but then gets drying because of the floral aspect. So this is not a tea I’d get again.

Although I am nonewhere near to Nirvana I decided to brew this one. For those who want to know results from my mathematics exam from Friday — I failed. I failed and I want to see my results because I just don’t believe it! I know I did not solved all the problems, but that amount of points is just… weird.

I don’t want to hear “I am sorry Martin, you did your best…” and similar. I did not. I was, ehm, lazy! This is not something I could learn in few days, moreover some days were really days I did nothing! I am always excusing myself this or that disturbed me, or I don’t have mood for that or … excuses, excuses, excuses!

Tea itself is pretty nice. Blend is made from nice-looking teas, jasmine is nice and present. Spearmint is adding little bit of cooling notes, which is nice in today hot day (in 10 am it reaches up to 25 °C, but it is sultry weather and I had problems to take groceries back home which was 400 metres away. During next week I have three another exams, in Tuesday — road transport technology and managment, Wednesday — International transport, Thursday — Theory of Graphs.

Tea itself… back to tasting note
is actually pretty nice. Jasmine and spearmint don’t work perfectly, but tea itself is nice and light, quite refreshing. Maybe it reminds me bit some cookies, but it is as well nicely grassy, though in aroma it is rather hay.
Nice thirst-quenching drink :)

Flavors: Dry Grass, Hay, Jasmine, Spearmint

180 °F / 82 °C 3 min, 0 sec 10 OZ / 300 ML
gmathis

Some wise words I memorized a long time ago: No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Waiting for “later on” can be tough, though! We’re still pulling for you.

VariaTEA

I am sorry to hear that you failed but I’ve been in this situation too. In my undergrad I didn’t go to class or do readings and I’d study the night before exams and get through maybe 1/2 (sometimes more and sometimes less of the material). I would feel like shit going into the exam because I knew it was just me being lazy. Often it turned out I retained more than I thought and was able to pass but there were times where I failed and it sucks. Hopefully in this case you can see the results and find out you didn’t but if you did, unfortunately there isn’t much you can do now. Every semester I’d promise myself I’d do better the next semester and it took basically all undergrad for me to listen and I completely tanked my GPA. So, just try not to do that and you’ll be alright…as shitty as you might feel now.

Nattie

I know you don’t want us to say sorry, but please don’t think of yourself as lazy. I know from reading how many exams you have and how much you’ve studied for them all that that’s not the case. I had bad anxiety at university and it caused me to drop out in my final year. I didn’t study as much as I should have, because I was overwhelmed. Sometimes when you’re overwhelmed studying is too difficult in the moment. It doesn’t make you lazy – it makes you human.

Martin Bednář

Thank you gmathis for your nice quote. I think it is just so right!

Exactly my problem VariaTEA, somehow I am more and more lazy to do all the stuff I need to. One half… okay there is 50 % chance that I will know. Hm, I guess it doensn’t work that way. But I am struggling with this as well. And… yeah, promises that next semester would be different — I am always saying that to myself but nope, I never did better. Rather worse.

Well, Nattie — I certainly could do more! That’s it. But yeah, I am feeling overwhelmed. But your comment made me almost cry. I don’t know why. Maybe it was because somebody who I don’t know in real life so cares about me? Yes, I am doing lots of exams. I am overwhelmed with them. There is no time to rest. At least one week; but it seems I will “rest” during summer. In a summer-job? Well, it is not that great way to rest :(. I am trying to work harder, especially this week will be so critical as I would like to pass at least two of them. But I have to start studying for tomorrow one at least. I did little yesterday, but still there is plenty to do!

Loving the soothing, soft spearmint notes of this tea – it’s a great afternoon tea that creates a level of calm and serenity that I think we all need right now. I can’t help but mentally compare this to DT’s Buddha’s Blend and honestly this one works better for me. It’s no where near as temperamental when it’s being brewed, and I prefer the combination of mint and orange blossom to jasmine and peach. That’s all personal preference, of course, but I’m happy to have this in my assortment for the time being…

Martin Bednář

I was thinking about getting this one. It looks pretty good!

Bird & Blend Tea Advent Calendar – Day 21

So I’m sick and very congested. Luckily, I’ve already tried this tea previously, so I don’t feel bad drinking it even though I can’t taste very well.

I like this one enough that I added a 50g bag to my order on Sunday, when B&B was offering Christmas Cake for a limited time. I also ordered today to get the Candy Cane black tea that was offered for one day only, and I actually ended up getting 150g since the 50g size was sold out by the time I checked the site at ~7:00 AM. There’s a bit of a disadvantage to liking B&B and being in the US… Oh well, I figured I can find someone to share it with if need be!

This is lovely, as it was before. With my sinus congestion, I think I can taste the white tea more than last time, and it has a somewhat creamy note to it. I really do like the combination of jasmine and spearmint, as I feel like the refreshing mint helps to wrangle the more heady jasmine a bit.

I’m not a jasmine lover by any means, but I do like the idea of having one jasmine tea in my cupboard, and this is definitely the one.

Ugh, my head…

Flavors: Apricot, Creamy, Floral, Grass, Jasmine, Mint, Oats, Smooth, Spearmint, Vegetal

175 °F / 79 °C 3 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML
tea-sipper

This is a good one, definitely.

Nattie