Strawberry Lemonade

Fruit Tea
Apple Pieces, Elderberries, Hibiscus, Natural Flavours, Orange Peel, Pineapple Piece, Rose Hips, Strawberry, Sunflower Petals
Hibiscus, Pineapple, Sour, Strawberry, Sweet, Tart, Apple, Berries, Citrus, Lime, Rosehips, Lemon
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by AJRimmer

• “One of the teas from my last Bluebird Tea Co monthly club package. I’ve been wanting to try this one for a while, strawberry lemonade sounds like a delicious tea creation that would be great for...” Read full tasting note
  • “I loved strawberry lemonade when I was a child (and anything pink, come to that). Now I’m all grown up, I like tea more than carbonated drinks — and fruit tea is a particularl favourite. When the...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sample sipdown! Sipping at this tea while I crochet a commission (it’s soo cute!) My husband also just came home post dentist with a super temp front tooth. Insurance rolls over next month, so...” Read full tasting note
  • “First cup of the day and it’s a herbal. The liquor is a pinkish red and it smells like citrus laced red berry jam, or strawberry rhubarb pie. Hot, it tastes jam sweet, with a smooth, floral rose...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Bird & Blend’s best-selling fantastically fruity tea infusion that tastes as good as it smells!

With real strawberry chunks and zesty lemon peel it’s easy to see why this fantastically fruity infusion is our best seller and an award-winner! Amazing iced or hot, enjoyed by all ages, girl, boy,dog… This versatile little number is a big hit all-round. Why not get a pitcher on the go?

Apple pieces, hibiscus, elderberries, rosehip, lime leaves, pineapple pieces (pineapple, sugar), sunflower petals, strawberry pieces, orange peel, natural flavoring

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

One of the teas from my last Bluebird Tea Co monthly club package. I’ve been wanting to try this one for a while, strawberry lemonade sounds like a delicious tea creation that would be great for the summer.

I can taste the strawberry which has a jam like quality in terms of flavour, thickness and sweetness but it’s also a little tart and sour with the lemon and hibiscus coming through. It lightens up however in the after taste and it’s sweetness increases.

As it cools the hibiscus becomes stronger and over takes most of the lemon flavour to make it more strawberry hibiscus jam like than strawberry lemonade.

It’s nice but I think it has a little too much hibiscus for my liking. I will try it iced too and see if it’s more to my taste. Will report tomorrow.

I loved strawberry lemonade when I was a child (and anything pink, come to that). Now I’m all grown up, I like tea more than carbonated drinks — and fruit tea is a particularl favourite. When the two can combine, it’s a good day in my book. The dry leaves of this tea are insanely summery. Huge chunks of strawberry, lemon and orange peel, small pieces of apple, hibiscus, and sunflower petals. The scent isn’t exactly strawberry lemonade — it’s somehow more sherbet-like than that. I suppose that could be the “fizz” element. Either way, it definetly smells of strawberries, with maybe the faintest hint of lemon. Fresh, sweet, beautiful!

I tried this cold brewed a couple of weekends back, and was a tiny bit disappointed with how well the strawberry came out. It was a little flat tasting, and the hibiscus seemed to take over, so I’ll be interested to see whether it’s different brewed hot.

Brewed, this is definetly a fight between the strawberry and the hibiscus, but I think the strawberry just about wins. The same sherbetty element I picked out in the smell survives and adds a certain lemonade-esque quality to this tea. The lemon itself comes out really clearly in the aftertaste. On balance, I wish there was a little bit less hibiscus, but this is a pretty good fruit tea. I certainly get strawberry lemonade from it, and accurate taste can sometimes be a rare commodity in fruit teas. I could drink this happily all summer — it’s so juicy, naturally sweet, and nicely balanced in flavour. Great work, Bluebird!

Boiling 8 min or more
TeaBrat

I think Teavana also has a tea like this, have you tried it?

Scheherazade

No, I haven’t yet. Lack of a credit card is the problem at the moment, but it’s certainly one I’d like to try in the future.

Sample sipdown!

Sipping at this tea while I crochet a commission (it’s soo cute!) My husband also just came home post dentist with a super temp front tooth. Insurance rolls over next month, so hopefully the tooth stays in place. No beef jerky for him until then!

Yeah, I really need to get these samples down. This one, hmmmm. A bit of citrus with hibscius and quite tart. I made this iced with a bit of honey. I’m not getting much strawberry, mostly a mid sip murmur. Not bad iced, but this would be much better with fresh lemon slices and some frozen strawberries.

Iced
OMGsrsly

I had my temp teeth for about 6 months… :) If he’s careful about how he eats things it should last pretty well!

Oolong Owl

He had his temptemp tooth for 2 hours and took a bite of beef jerky and half of it fell off. I’m thinking he didn’t learn from the first incident!

First cup of the day and it’s a herbal. The liquor is a pinkish red and it smells like citrus laced red berry jam, or strawberry rhubarb pie. Hot, it tastes jam sweet, with a smooth, floral rose bridge, and a tart hibiscus/citrus finish. I’m liking this a lot more than I though I would, particularly for the citrus, but it’s not going to win over those wary of hibiscus. It’s also not distinctly strawberry at this stage.

I’m going to put the rest in the fridge and revisit this note later. This tastes like it would be just the thing iced or cooled.

Update cold cup- now it’s cold and I’m getting the sour and citric lemonade aspect from it. When it comes to teas I’m not a sweetener person, but this is unsweetened lemonade and would probably taste great with some syrup or agave. The flavours are still more berry citrus hibiscus than strawberry but it’s an enjoyable, refreshing cup. I think I prefer it hot though, for the pie jam.

Received a sample of this with my Bluebird order.

The dry smell is pleasant; very fruity & sweet. It steeps to a red, sangria-colored tisane with a somewhat floral aroma that smells (to me) like a strawberry pie filling. I can see hibiscus listed as the first ingredient (uh-oh), but since it smells so good, I’m hoping it won’t be an issue.

First sip… Yep, there’s the hibiscus. Maybe I’m sensitive to the flavor of hibiscus, but it’s really the only thing I can taste in this. Tart hibiscus with a slightly sweet aftertaste from the fruit. Disappointing, because all the other ingredients seem like something that I might like.

Oh well, I guess it’s just not the tisane for me.

Anyanka

I’m working on a magical spell to eradicate hibiscus from the tea world. (Shh.)

KiwiDelight

I like hibiscus :( Well, when it’s by itself and iced, anyway.

Lindsey

Ha! I’ve found a few teas where I can actually tolerate it – I think it works surprisingly well in DT Pink Flamingo (as long as I’m very careful not to oversteep) – but for most blends, I’m just not a fan.

I received this as a sample with my Bluebird order. I tossed the sachet into a cup of water and cold steeped in the fridge overnight. The flavors, while pleasant, aren’t very strong. This was a pretty generic fruit flavored tisane. It probably did taste of some strawberry, but it was more just “berry” and I didn’t get any “lemonade” at all. I thought it was ok but not really anything special.

Bird & Blend Tea Advent Calendar – Day 7

Hmm, a hibiscus fruit tea. Well, at least I know somewhere Mastress Alita is perfectly happy with this one. ;)

It definitely has too much hibiscus, in my opinion. But it’s not so sour that it makes my face pucker. I do taste the strawberry, which reminds me of strawberry jam. There’s some pineapple as well. I think the lemon is too close to the hibiscus in flavor, so I can’t really pick it out specifically. There’s a bit of sweetness coming through which helps.

It’s not for me, but it does taste similar to strawberry lemonade, so points for that! For what it is, it’s fairly tasty.

Flavors: Hibiscus, Pineapple, Sour, Strawberry, Sweet, Tart

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML
Mastress Alita

At least they actually included the hibiscus in my teabag this time! :-)

Cameron B.

Yay! Mine was super hibby red.

Holiday Tea-son! My Bird & Blend advent tea today was one I have reviewed before, Strawberry Lemonade, and honestly, I’m just not one of those people on Steepster that reviews a tea more than once, unless my opinion of it changes, for better or for worse. I did try it iced this time (I typically never make something iced when I only have a single teabag, but I wanted a different experience than I had back in October with that sampler teabag) and I tend to prefer hibi-hip fruit teas iced anyway, so I cut the teabag open and cold-steeped the leaf in 350ml water while I was at work.

I’m pretty much getting the same flavor experience as before (strawberry/red berry fruity flavor followed by a sweet apple/pineapple sweetness) but in the warm cup I wasn’t getting much citrus to come through in the taste, only the aroma, and here I can definitely taste a defined lime note toward the end of the sip. Whether that is the result of the iced cold steep or luck of the sampler teabag, I have no idea! If I had this loose leaf, though, I’d definitely choose to brew this iced over warm, and also leaf this a bit more heavily than I had the option tonight only having a single teabag.

Increasing the rating by a point for the new lime note, but mostly my opinion on this one lines up with my initial review, which you can read here: https://steepster.com/mastressalita/posts/381479

Flavors: Apple, Berries, Citrus, Lime, Pineapple, Strawberry, Sweet

Iced 8 min or more 1 tsp 350 OZ / 10350 ML

Sipdown (640)!

This one was really disappointing to me. I’ve been drinking the Strawberry Lemonade from DAVIDsTEA a fair bit this summer and I was really excited to see another company’s take on the flavour profile but I have to say that I drastically prefer the DT version, and to be honest I don’t even REALLY like the DT blend a whole lot…

I just thought that this came off as pretty dull in terms of flavour without much strawberry at all. In fact, the two strongest flavours in the blend were hibiscus and lemon. So, it was a very tart cup all in all. There was also an ingredient in this that was bugging me a little bit – I thought it might be lemongrass, but looking at the ingredients list I don’t think lemongrass is actually in this blend!? So I’m not totally sure what it was; but whatever it was tasted very lawn-clipping like to me.

Just not my favourite, but thanks for sharing VariaTEA! ‘Cause you never know how you’ll feel about a tea until you try it!

Strawberry lemonade sounds nice, especially to be enjoyed when the weather is nice. It was a free sample from my last order, so I waited for a lovely spring day to try out this tea. In nose there are hints of strawberry, but the hibiscus is very present, and it smells natural (which isn´t always the case with hibiscus) and the elderberries are dominating, especially in length. Brewed for 4 minutes, as indicated on the tea bag, it tastes primarily as a fine hibiscus infusion (in hindsight, it´s probably the combination of hibiscus and elderberries which gives it a finer appearance)…nothing much going on for the rest though, and I definitely cannot make the link with a strawberry lemonade, as the citrusy aspect is very subtle (it might be more present when taken cold).

Flavors: Hibiscus, Rosehips, Strawberry