Strawberry Lemonade

Fruit Tea
Apple Pieces, Elderberries, Hibiscus, Natural Flavours, Orange Peel, Pineapple Piece, Rose Hips, Strawberry, Sunflower Petals
Apple, Berries, Citrus, Pineapple, Strawberry, Sweet, Hibiscus, Rosehips, Lemon
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Mastress Alita

Available from 1 seller.

• “One of the teas from my last Bluebird Tea Co monthly club package. I’ve been wanting to try this one for a while, strawberry lemonade sounds like a delicious tea creation that would be great for...” Read full tasting note
  • “I loved strawberry lemonade when I was a child (and anything pink, come to that). Now I’m all grown up, I like tea more than carbonated drinks — and fruit tea is a particularl favourite. When the...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sample sipdown! Sipping at this tea while I crochet a commission (it’s soo cute!) My husband also just came home post dentist with a super temp front tooth. Insurance rolls over next month, so...” Read full tasting note
  • “First cup of the day and it’s a herbal. The liquor is a pinkish red and it smells like citrus laced red berry jam, or strawberry rhubarb pie. Hot, it tastes jam sweet, with a smooth, floral rose...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

With real strawberry chunks and zesty lemon peel it’s easy to see why this fantastically fruity infusion is our best seller and an award-winner! Amazing iced or hot, enjoyed by all ages, girl, boy,dog… This versatile little number is a big hit all-round. Why not get a pitcher on the go?

This tea won big at this years Great Taste Awards. Read what the judges had to say and check out our other award winning teas here.

Ingredients: Apple pieces, hibiscus, elderberries, rosehip, lime leaves, pineapple pieces (pineapple, sugar), sunflower petals, strawberry pieces, orange peel, natural flavoring

Brewing Guide: 1 tsp per cup, 4+ mins, 100C (212F)

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

One of the teas from my last Bluebird Tea Co monthly club package. I’ve been wanting to try this one for a while, strawberry lemonade sounds like a delicious tea creation that would be great for the summer.

I can taste the strawberry which has a jam like quality in terms of flavour, thickness and sweetness but it’s also a little tart and sour with the lemon and hibiscus coming through. It lightens up however in the after taste and it’s sweetness increases.

As it cools the hibiscus becomes stronger and over takes most of the lemon flavour to make it more strawberry hibiscus jam like than strawberry lemonade.

It’s nice but I think it has a little too much hibiscus for my liking. I will try it iced too and see if it’s more to my taste. Will report tomorrow.

I loved strawberry lemonade when I was a child (and anything pink, come to that). Now I’m all grown up, I like tea more than carbonated drinks — and fruit tea is a particularl favourite. When the two can combine, it’s a good day in my book. The dry leaves of this tea are insanely summery. Huge chunks of strawberry, lemon and orange peel, small pieces of apple, hibiscus, and sunflower petals. The scent isn’t exactly strawberry lemonade — it’s somehow more sherbet-like than that. I suppose that could be the “fizz” element. Either way, it definetly smells of strawberries, with maybe the faintest hint of lemon. Fresh, sweet, beautiful!

I tried this cold brewed a couple of weekends back, and was a tiny bit disappointed with how well the strawberry came out. It was a little flat tasting, and the hibiscus seemed to take over, so I’ll be interested to see whether it’s different brewed hot.

Brewed, this is definetly a fight between the strawberry and the hibiscus, but I think the strawberry just about wins. The same sherbetty element I picked out in the smell survives and adds a certain lemonade-esque quality to this tea. The lemon itself comes out really clearly in the aftertaste. On balance, I wish there was a little bit less hibiscus, but this is a pretty good fruit tea. I certainly get strawberry lemonade from it, and accurate taste can sometimes be a rare commodity in fruit teas. I could drink this happily all summer — it’s so juicy, naturally sweet, and nicely balanced in flavour. Great work, Bluebird!

Boiling 8 min or more
TeaBrat

I think Teavana also has a tea like this, have you tried it?

Scheherazade

No, I haven’t yet. Lack of a credit card is the problem at the moment, but it’s certainly one I’d like to try in the future.

Sample sipdown!

Sipping at this tea while I crochet a commission (it’s soo cute!) My husband also just came home post dentist with a super temp front tooth. Insurance rolls over next month, so hopefully the tooth stays in place. No beef jerky for him until then!

Yeah, I really need to get these samples down. This one, hmmmm. A bit of citrus with hibscius and quite tart. I made this iced with a bit of honey. I’m not getting much strawberry, mostly a mid sip murmur. Not bad iced, but this would be much better with fresh lemon slices and some frozen strawberries.

Iced
OMGsrsly

I had my temp teeth for about 6 months… :) If he’s careful about how he eats things it should last pretty well!

Oolong Owl

He had his temptemp tooth for 2 hours and took a bite of beef jerky and half of it fell off. I’m thinking he didn’t learn from the first incident!

First cup of the day and it’s a herbal. The liquor is a pinkish red and it smells like citrus laced red berry jam, or strawberry rhubarb pie. Hot, it tastes jam sweet, with a smooth, floral rose bridge, and a tart hibiscus/citrus finish. I’m liking this a lot more than I though I would, particularly for the citrus, but it’s not going to win over those wary of hibiscus. It’s also not distinctly strawberry at this stage.

I’m going to put the rest in the fridge and revisit this note later. This tastes like it would be just the thing iced or cooled.

Update cold cup- now it’s cold and I’m getting the sour and citric lemonade aspect from it. When it comes to teas I’m not a sweetener person, but this is unsweetened lemonade and would probably taste great with some syrup or agave. The flavours are still more berry citrus hibiscus than strawberry but it’s an enjoyable, refreshing cup. I think I prefer it hot though, for the pie jam.

Received a sample of this with my Bluebird order.

The dry smell is pleasant; very fruity & sweet. It steeps to a red, sangria-colored tisane with a somewhat floral aroma that smells (to me) like a strawberry pie filling. I can see hibiscus listed as the first ingredient (uh-oh), but since it smells so good, I’m hoping it won’t be an issue.

First sip… Yep, there’s the hibiscus. Maybe I’m sensitive to the flavor of hibiscus, but it’s really the only thing I can taste in this. Tart hibiscus with a slightly sweet aftertaste from the fruit. Disappointing, because all the other ingredients seem like something that I might like.

Oh well, I guess it’s just not the tisane for me.

Anyanka

I’m working on a magical spell to eradicate hibiscus from the tea world. (Shh.)

KiwiDelight

I like hibiscus :( Well, when it’s by itself and iced, anyway.

Lindsey

Ha! I’ve found a few teas where I can actually tolerate it – I think it works surprisingly well in DT Pink Flamingo (as long as I’m very careful not to oversteep) – but for most blends, I’m just not a fan.

I received this as a sample with my Bluebird order. I tossed the sachet into a cup of water and cold steeped in the fridge overnight. The flavors, while pleasant, aren’t very strong. This was a pretty generic fruit flavored tisane. It probably did taste of some strawberry, but it was more just “berry” and I didn’t get any “lemonade” at all. I thought it was ok but not really anything special.

Trick or Treat! I needed a reprieve from the chocolate, vanilla, and caramel and decided that lemonade is enough of a “sweet” to count for this month’s theme (it’s on soda fountains and I’ve already featured soda-themed teas, so why not?) Usually I prefer tea like this iced, but I received a single teabag of this in a past order back when B&B was still Bluebird Tea Co., so with so little leaf, I just made a single warm cuppa. And I can kind of get behind some warm hibi-hip on a cool night like tonight, even if I typically prefer to drink fruity hibi-hip blends iced.

The dry leaf smells very fruity, mostly of strawberry and lime. Steeped up, this was actually much sweeter than I was expecting. I drink a lot of hibi-hip fruit teas (I’m probably the only person on Steepster that does!) so I guess I was expecting up-front the tart and tangy fruit punchy taste I’ve just grown used to that those sort of blends always have. But this was more of a strawberry/red berry fruity flavor chased by an apple/pineapple sweetness. I wasn’t really getting much of a citrus note coming through, though; there seemed to be a subtle citrus tanginess toward the finish, but mostly it was just a sweet berry/pineapple flavor. It was nice, even for a warm cup! But if I ever get more of this, I’ll definitely be making it as an iced tea.

Flavors: Apple, Berries, Citrus, Pineapple, Strawberry, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 350 ML

Sipdown (640)!

This one was really disappointing to me. I’ve been drinking the Strawberry Lemonade from DAVIDsTEA a fair bit this summer and I was really excited to see another company’s take on the flavour profile but I have to say that I drastically prefer the DT version, and to be honest I don’t even REALLY like the DT blend a whole lot…

I just thought that this came off as pretty dull in terms of flavour without much strawberry at all. In fact, the two strongest flavours in the blend were hibiscus and lemon. So, it was a very tart cup all in all. There was also an ingredient in this that was bugging me a little bit – I thought it might be lemongrass, but looking at the ingredients list I don’t think lemongrass is actually in this blend!? So I’m not totally sure what it was; but whatever it was tasted very lawn-clipping like to me.

Just not my favourite, but thanks for sharing VariaTEA! ‘Cause you never know how you’ll feel about a tea until you try it!

Strawberry lemonade sounds nice, especially to be enjoyed when the weather is nice. It was a free sample from my last order, so I waited for a lovely spring day to try out this tea. In nose there are hints of strawberry, but the hibiscus is very present, and it smells natural (which isn´t always the case with hibiscus) and the elderberries are dominating, especially in length. Brewed for 4 minutes, as indicated on the tea bag, it tastes primarily as a fine hibiscus infusion (in hindsight, it´s probably the combination of hibiscus and elderberries which gives it a finer appearance)…nothing much going on for the rest though, and I definitely cannot make the link with a strawberry lemonade, as the citrusy aspect is very subtle (it might be more present when taken cold).

Flavors: Hibiscus, Rosehips, Strawberry

Sample from VariaTEA – this isn’t really strawberry or lemonade to me… it’s just kinda coming through like a sort of sweet but tart brew. it’s not bad but it’s not really what it’s claiming to be for me.