Strawberry Lemonade

Fruit Tea
Apple, Elderberry, Flavour, Hibiscus, Lemon, Orange, Rose Hips, Strawberry, Sunflower Petals
Hibiscus, Rosehips, Strawberry, Lemon
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by CrowKettle

Available from 1 seller.

• “One of the teas from my last Bluebird Tea Co monthly club package. I’ve been wanting to try this one for a while, strawberry lemonade sounds like a delicious tea creation that would be great for...” Read full tasting note
  • “I loved strawberry lemonade when I was a child (and anything pink, come to that). Now I’m all grown up, I like tea more than carbonated drinks — and fruit tea is a particularl favourite. When the...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sample sipdown! Sipping at this tea while I crochet a commission (it’s soo cute!) My husband also just came home post dentist with a super temp front tooth. Insurance rolls over next month, so...” Read full tasting note
  • “First cup of the day and it’s a herbal. The liquor is a pinkish red and it smells like citrus laced red berry jam, or strawberry rhubarb pie. Hot, it tastes jam sweet, with a smooth, floral rose...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

ith real strawberry chunks and zesty lemon peel it’s easy to see why this fantastically fruity infusion is our best seller and an award-winner! Amazing iced or hot, enjoyed by all ages, girl, boy,dog… This versatile little number is a big hit all-round. Why not get a pitcher on the go?

This tea won big at this years Great Taste Awards. Read what the judges had to say and check out our other award winning teas here.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

One of the teas from my last Bluebird Tea Co monthly club package. I’ve been wanting to try this one for a while, strawberry lemonade sounds like a delicious tea creation that would be great for the summer.

I can taste the strawberry which has a jam like quality in terms of flavour, thickness and sweetness but it’s also a little tart and sour with the lemon and hibiscus coming through. It lightens up however in the after taste and it’s sweetness increases.

As it cools the hibiscus becomes stronger and over takes most of the lemon flavour to make it more strawberry hibiscus jam like than strawberry lemonade.

It’s nice but I think it has a little too much hibiscus for my liking. I will try it iced too and see if it’s more to my taste. Will report tomorrow.

1998 tasting notes

I loved strawberry lemonade when I was a child (and anything pink, come to that). Now I’m all grown up, I like tea more than carbonated drinks — and fruit tea is a particularl favourite. When the two can combine, it’s a good day in my book. The dry leaves of this tea are insanely summery. Huge chunks of strawberry, lemon and orange peel, small pieces of apple, hibiscus, and sunflower petals. The scent isn’t exactly strawberry lemonade — it’s somehow more sherbet-like than that. I suppose that could be the “fizz” element. Either way, it definetly smells of strawberries, with maybe the faintest hint of lemon. Fresh, sweet, beautiful!

I tried this cold brewed a couple of weekends back, and was a tiny bit disappointed with how well the strawberry came out. It was a little flat tasting, and the hibiscus seemed to take over, so I’ll be interested to see whether it’s different brewed hot.

Brewed, this is definetly a fight between the strawberry and the hibiscus, but I think the strawberry just about wins. The same sherbetty element I picked out in the smell survives and adds a certain lemonade-esque quality to this tea. The lemon itself comes out really clearly in the aftertaste. On balance, I wish there was a little bit less hibiscus, but this is a pretty good fruit tea. I certainly get strawberry lemonade from it, and accurate taste can sometimes be a rare commodity in fruit teas. I could drink this happily all summer — it’s so juicy, naturally sweet, and nicely balanced in flavour. Great work, Bluebird!

Boiling 8 min or more
TeaBrat

I think Teavana also has a tea like this, have you tried it?

Scheherazade

No, I haven’t yet. Lack of a credit card is the problem at the moment, but it’s certainly one I’d like to try in the future.

Sample sipdown!

Sipping at this tea while I crochet a commission (it’s soo cute!) My husband also just came home post dentist with a super temp front tooth. Insurance rolls over next month, so hopefully the tooth stays in place. No beef jerky for him until then!

Yeah, I really need to get these samples down. This one, hmmmm. A bit of citrus with hibscius and quite tart. I made this iced with a bit of honey. I’m not getting much strawberry, mostly a mid sip murmur. Not bad iced, but this would be much better with fresh lemon slices and some frozen strawberries.

Iced
OMGsrsly

I had my temp teeth for about 6 months… :) If he’s careful about how he eats things it should last pretty well!

Oolong Owl

He had his temptemp tooth for 2 hours and took a bite of beef jerky and half of it fell off. I’m thinking he didn’t learn from the first incident!

First cup of the day and it’s a herbal. The liquor is a pinkish red and it smells like citrus laced red berry jam, or strawberry rhubarb pie. Hot, it tastes jam sweet, with a smooth, floral rose bridge, and a tart hibiscus/citrus finish. I’m liking this a lot more than I though I would, particularly for the citrus, but it’s not going to win over those wary of hibiscus. It’s also not distinctly strawberry at this stage.

I’m going to put the rest in the fridge and revisit this note later. This tastes like it would be just the thing iced or cooled.

Update cold cup- now it’s cold and I’m getting the sour and citric lemonade aspect from it. When it comes to teas I’m not a sweetener person, but this is unsweetened lemonade and would probably taste great with some syrup or agave. The flavours are still more berry citrus hibiscus than strawberry but it’s an enjoyable, refreshing cup. I think I prefer it hot though, for the pie jam.

Received a sample of this with my Bluebird order.

The dry smell is pleasant; very fruity & sweet. It steeps to a red, sangria-colored tisane with a somewhat floral aroma that smells (to me) like a strawberry pie filling. I can see hibiscus listed as the first ingredient (uh-oh), but since it smells so good, I’m hoping it won’t be an issue.

First sip… Yep, there’s the hibiscus. Maybe I’m sensitive to the flavor of hibiscus, but it’s really the only thing I can taste in this. Tart hibiscus with a slightly sweet aftertaste from the fruit. Disappointing, because all the other ingredients seem like something that I might like.

Oh well, I guess it’s just not the tisane for me.

Anyanka

I’m working on a magical spell to eradicate hibiscus from the tea world. (Shh.)

KiwiDelight

I like hibiscus :( Well, when it’s by itself and iced, anyway.

Lindsey

Ha! I’ve found a few teas where I can actually tolerate it – I think it works surprisingly well in DT Pink Flamingo (as long as I’m very careful not to oversteep) – but for most blends, I’m just not a fan.

I received this as a sample with my Bluebird order. I tossed the sachet into a cup of water and cold steeped in the fridge overnight. The flavors, while pleasant, aren’t very strong. This was a pretty generic fruit flavored tisane. It probably did taste of some strawberry, but it was more just “berry” and I didn’t get any “lemonade” at all. I thought it was ok but not really anything special.

Strawberry lemonade sounds nice, especially to be enjoyed when the weather is nice. It was a free sample from my last order, so I waited for a lovely spring day to try out this tea. In nose there are hints of strawberry, but the hibiscus is very present, and it smells natural (which isn´t always the case with hibiscus) and the elderberries are dominating, especially in length. Brewed for 4 minutes, as indicated on the tea bag, it tastes primarily as a fine hibiscus infusion (in hindsight, it´s probably the combination of hibiscus and elderberries which gives it a finer appearance)…nothing much going on for the rest though, and I definitely cannot make the link with a strawberry lemonade, as the citrusy aspect is very subtle (it might be more present when taken cold).

Flavors: Hibiscus, Rosehips, Strawberry

Sample from VariaTEA – this isn’t really strawberry or lemonade to me… it’s just kinda coming through like a sort of sweet but tart brew. it’s not bad but it’s not really what it’s claiming to be for me.

Day two of the advent calendar and I’m also nervous to be trying this blend because of the hibiscus. I usually worry about fruity teas like this one because they usually just end up a fruity, tart mess on my tongue and it’s hard for me to pick out any of the individual flavors. This one is “award-winning” so I wonder if it will be any different… there has to be a reason for its popularity, right?

The scent of this cup reminds me of a strawberry jello.. very mild, fruity and sweet. Sipping.. I taste sort of a jumble of fruits, but it’s actually not as hibiscus-dominated as I thought it would be. I wish I could pick out more of the strawberry lemonade flavor, but it’s just fine the way it is. I would be interested in seeing how this tea would be iced during the summer. Out of the other fruit teas I’ve had in the past, this one is pleasant, but not outstanding.

I received this teabag as a sample with my order months ago. It’s a Bluebird classic that I believe was available when Bluebird started. I was a fan of Bluebird since the beginning but somehow haven’t tried this one yet! Personally, I would have used more leaves than the teabag contains. I shouldn’t be too scared of the hibiscus though, as Bluebird usually includes a tame amount. They do here, even though the hibiscus is the main note anyway. That is possibly the luck of the teabag goodies and what was included. Even though the cup is a deep red, the flavor isn’t too tangy. However, I would love to see a strawberry lemon blend without hibiscus at all. I do taste hints of thirst quenching fruit (strawberry, apple, lemon) but I’d love more of those and less hibiscus. The second steep had a lot less flavor, but I don’t usually resteep hibiscus blends. Also drinking this out of my Bluebird mug I received FREE with the order this teabag came with. Free tea! Free mug!
Steep #1 // 1 teabag for a full mug// few minutes after boiling // 3-4 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 5+ minute steep