Peppermint Cream

Herbal Oolong Blend
Cocoa Bean Shells, Oolong Tea, Peppermint
Chocolate, Creamy, Peppermint, Mint, Butter, Candy, Smooth, Sweet, Cocoa, Floral, Metallic, Milk, Musty, Thick, Herbaceous, Vanilla, White Chocolate, Cream, Herbs, Roasted Nuts
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

3 Images

• “Finished up the last of my most recent sample at work this morning, and admittedly this has grown on me over time. Either that, or it’s changed a bit since this sample and the one I tried last....” Read full tasting note
  • “Wowsers….this is super pepperminty with a gentle touch of vanilla resembling Twinings – Butter Mint. It looks like mostly finely chopped peppermint leaf (with some dust) and some small to medium...” Read full tasting note
  • “KittyLovesTea sent me a lovely package of teas… mostly Bluebird samples to try because I want that to be the ONE company I order from one time in 2014. (Yeah right.) I’d like to know what I like...” Read full tasting note
  • “Bird & Blend Advent Day 18 (18-December 2020) Yay! I’ve had this one sitting in my online cart for a while, just waiting for an opportunity to try it first! I feel like this is a great creamy...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Home made peppermint creams make the best gift. Unless, like us, you eat them all first! We have recreated that perfect peppermint cream taste in this tea blend. Milk oolong’s naturally sweet, creamy nose is blended with the soft mint and smooth cocoa. Yummy velvety chocolate goodness!

Quangzhou milk oolong, peppermint, cocoa shells

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

Finished up the last of my most recent sample at work this morning, and admittedly this has grown on me over time. Either that, or it’s changed a bit since this sample and the one I tried last. Maybe both. There’s lots of peppermint, but it’s softened by the deep creaminess of the milk Oolong and it really does taste like it’s namesake. The chocolate is better than I remember, too.

I might actually buy more of this one.

Wowsers….this is super pepperminty with a gentle touch of vanilla resembling Twinings – Butter Mint. It looks like mostly finely chopped peppermint leaf (with some dust) and some small to medium sized Oolong balls amidst it.

The flavour is very mild considering it’s strong scent. In my first few sips it took a few seconds before any flavour came through and when it did I feel the strongest was the cocoa. It’s sweet but also creamy and very light. I wish the peppermint was stronger.

This blend is too mild, I may try and double the dose or the steep time for my next cup. So far this one is disappointing.

KittyLovesTea sent me a lovely package of teas… mostly Bluebird samples to try because I want that to be the ONE company I order from one time in 2014. (Yeah right.) I’d like to know what I like from Bluebird first! thanks so much!!

I wanted to try Bluebird’s Christmas Cake for Christmas day but a headache means I should have a mint tea. Well, this was a mint tea from Bluebird so I went with it. A second oolong blend in a row! I don’t try many of those. This is supposed to be at 194 degrees so the water was cooled for a minutes. This one is a bit odd tasting at the first sip. It tastes a bit like catnip smells (which is probably since catnip is a mint anyway). And the oolong is very vegetal…I’m surprised it’s a milk oolong. The hints of chocolate aren’t very creamy. Not bad, but it’s odd! The second steep tasted more like I thought it should. Not my favorite from Bluebird, but I’d love to try their amazing blends either way.

JustJames

hope the headache follows the rules and backs off!

tea-sipper

thanks! I think the headache is leaving, and I swear it is always the peppermint.

Bird & Blend Advent Day 18 (18-December 2020)

I feel like this is a great creamy peppermint tea. The peppermint is mellowed out for a delicious creaminess that makes it just perfect — still cooling, but not so in-your-face.

The creaminess is almost candy-cane like, but not actually because there’s no cloying sweetness, which is just delightful. The cacao I get just sense a very subtle hint of it somewhere in the mix, but I’m sure it’s helping to mellow the peppermint and add creaminess, which is always appreciated.

I’ll just add that there’s a hint of pineapple in the background as it cools. I’ve had that with a flavoured oolong many years ago, but I can’t recall which one now.

I’ve saved our sachets for a re-steep, so I’m excited to see how it’ll hold up.

175 °F / 79 °C 3 min, 0 sec 14 OZ / 414 ML
Cameron B.

I love this one, my only issue with it is sometimes I get too much peppermint leaf in my portion and it tastes a bit too herbal-y.

Courtney

I could see that! Peppermint is so intense, I don’t often gravitate towards any mint because it really can take over tea.

Pushing through the sipdowns today because I’m impatient to get my cupboard under 300 teas. It’s so close!

This came from the EU TTB and is the old blend with less oolong in it. There is a hint of creaminess from the base, but mostly it’s a peppermint-heavy herbal tasting tea. The mint is more sweet than fresh, probably due to the cocoa which comes through a tiny bit right at the end of the sip, as well as the use of the milk oolong. I’d be interested to try the new version which includes more oolong. I think it would give a more successful overall impression of a peppermint cream.

195/397

I believe this is one extra samples as a sorry they run out of different tea I have ordered.

Oolong, peppermint, cocoa shells. Nothing more, nothing less.

I was kind of sceptical when I saw it. I thought it won’t work. Mint and cocoa shells are so different flavours…

But it is quite delicious! Nice milky oolong base, which makes creamy flavour, peppermint do the refreshing taste and cocoa… makes it sweet somehow? It reminded me After Eight chocolates and although cocoa was quite weak, I can imagine less peppermint and more cocoa – it was nice. Perfect for morning tea.

Flavors: Chocolate, Creamy, Peppermint

180 °F / 82 °C 3 min, 0 sec 10 OZ / 300 ML
gmathis

Sounds delicious! With a plain Hershey’s chocolate bar would be even better! (Are those available in your part of the world?)

Martin Bednář

It wasn’t certainly bad! Now and then they Hershey’s chocolate appear here, but overpriced; so I haven’t tried them yet.

Adventaggedon Day 18 – Tea 1/6

This is one of my favourite Bird and Blend teas – I think last year, during the advent, was my first time trying it and it’s only grown on me since then. I think, between all of my advents, there has been a criminally low amount of mint blends so I was especially thrilled by this today! I didn’t realize how much I had been craving a good mint blend.

Thick, creamy and coating with rich peppermint and chocolate notes – so smooth and velvety and full of flavour. The buttery milk oolong in the blend was also very prominent today and seemed super fresh; really making itself known in the top notes of each sip. I actually enjoyed it greatly and felt it really helped differentiate this blend from the myriad of other mint chocolate blends I’ve had this year.

Advent Photos: https://www.instagram.com/p/CI9HTxrAALU/

Mastress Alita

This is one of my favorite B&B teas too… I was actually thinking about it today!

Thanks to amandastory516 for the sample of this! Unfortunately, I find this one a little less special than other B&B teas. I mainly taste peppermint – no cream or chocolate or oolong. In the blend, all I saw was peppermint as well. Possibly this small sample is just not representative of the whole batch, but I did make sure some cocoa husks went in, and I still couldn’t taste them. Oh well! At the very end of the cup, I did start to catch some creaminess and decided the blend was worthwhile after all. Maybe not great enough to purchase, but enough to finish the last cup or so I can make with this sample. I just wish the other flavors were stronger!

amandastory516

I tried it a couple times and found it to be the same, unfortunately! A bit lackluster, but definitely not bad.

I do not know why I did not try this tea sooner, I got it a little over a month ago when I was back home in England.
I have always loved peppermint tea, and I have recently started trying Oolong teas. I very much enjoyed this blend, it has a lighter, softer and creamier than any peppermint tea I’ve had and while some may prefer that stronger peppermint flavor, I really enjoy the fullness yet lighter flavor this brings.

I think I almost like an oolong base for mint tea more than a green tea base. I am yet to try a milk oolong tea, so I will be excited to see how it compares with the creaminess that this tea has as well as that nice subtle flavor just without mint.

Flavors: Mint

So I’d brought this with me to work, for casual work sipping, and I cleaned it off yesterday.
I have not been inclined to log it, which should tell you what I think about it.
It was almost a non entity, hardly registering as I drunk it down.
I’m afraid I find that to be a common factor for almost all Bird and Blend teas…. ok, but not enough to really impress me.