White Tea
Apple, Blue Cornflowers, Elderberry, Hibiscus, Natural Strawberry Flavor, Organic Chinese White Tea, Pineapple, Red Cornflower, Rose Hips, Stevia Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by CrowKettle
Iced 8 min or more 68 oz / 2000 ml

• “After a slew of delicious teas from Bird & Blend, I was bound to be disappointed by one, right? This would be the one. Interestingly, the leaf looked very similar to that of Cherry Bakewell....” Read full tasting note
  • “Today’s work cold brew. I’ve waited a while to try this one, but I could probably say that about literally all the teas in my cupboard. It’s just what seems to happen. Anyway, what I really like is...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’ve been really enjoying this blend over ice. My first attempt at icing the tea didn’t go over too well, but the more I drink it the more I enjoy it. It really is a liquid version of...” Read full tasting note
  • “I could probably write a poem about this tea because of its look, taste, and name. Very pleased to see purple liquid come out in my pot as I steeped this :) PURPLE!!! I don’t drink many white teas,...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Join us at the fair with this sweet + scrumptious Candy Floss white tea.

You might be surprised to hear that we have a dentist to thank for the invention of Candy floss! We’re sure they would be chuffed to hear about our Candy Floss white tea blend, topped with hundreds and thousands. Come with us to the fair, round the carousel and down the Helter Skelter with this sweet and scrumptious blend!

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

After a slew of delicious teas from Bird & Blend, I was bound to be disappointed by one, right? This would be the one. Interestingly, the leaf looked very similar to that of Cherry Bakewell. Flower petals, hibiscus, white tea. I liked Cherry Bakewell, so no problem there – except that I was missing the aromas of cotton candy that I expected. This trend continued into the aroma and flavour – no cotton candy that I could discern. In fact, I probably could have been convinced that I was drinking Cherry Bakewell instead (except for the stevia. I noticed the stevia. :( ). Very odd. I am, of course, used to the delicious cotton candy flavours of 52teas, and maybe it’s just much more subtle here, but that was not at all what I was hoping for.

On the plus side, same white tea deliciousness as Cherry Bakewell. I’ll give it another shot, though (probably side by side with that tea), and maybe use a bit more leaf – perhaps all the flower petals resulted in me underleafing the cup.

Today’s work cold brew. I’ve waited a while to try this one, but I could probably say that about literally all the teas in my cupboard. It’s just what seems to happen. Anyway, what I really like is when I’ve waited a while to try something and it turns out to be really good. All the anticipation pays off! It definitely worked here, because this is a great candy floss tea, probably one of the best I’ve tried. Usually, they’re either on black or rooibos bases, but this one is white and I think the delicate, sweet (sugar water-like) flavour of white tea really works here.

The initial flavour is sweet, candy-like strawberry, and also something that reminds me very much of the coating on hundreds and thousands (which makes sense, because there are some in the blend!) After the berry flavour fades, there’s a generic caramelised sweetness that’s perfectly reminiscent of candy floss. It’s hard to pin down a flavour that’s so light, airy and insubstantial, but Bluebird have done an excellent job here. It really is strawberry-flavoured candy floss in a cup!

I’m guzzling this one, so if it’s still available I’ll definitely be buying more :)

Iced 8 min or more 8 tsp 68 OZ / 2000 ML

I’ve been really enjoying this blend over ice. My first attempt at icing the tea didn’t go over too well, but the more I drink it the more I enjoy it. It really is a liquid version of berry-flavored cotton candy. It’s a lovely treat during especially long afternoons at work. I steep it a bit longer than recommended, and, thankfully, I don’t find that the blend suffers or turns bitter. I’ll be reordering this tea when I place my order for the new summer blends within the next month.

Very pleased to see purple liquid come out in my pot as I steeped this :)
PURPLE!!!
I don’t drink many white teas, but this was flavored very well and balanced. However the blend comes out in proportion is awesome.
This tea may be on my list to try cold steeped as well

I am always attracted to cotton candy teas, and I have tried several and am usually disappointed. One thing that I dislike is that so many of the available cotton candy teas are made on a rooibos base, and this girl likes her caffeine. I was happy to see that this tea is done on a white base.
Full review and photos: https://tealover.net/2015/06/bluebird-tea-co-candy-floss/

TeaNTees

Gorgeous photographs! I’ll have to try and obtain some of this and some ice cream float as well! YUM :)

Marzipan

You are so sweet – thank you! They were done with a cell phone and piece of white posterboard.

TeaNTees

Really? Wow, must be a good cell phone! ;)

This tea leaf is super pretty, something I’ve come to expect from Bluebird Tea Co. their teas are always so visually appealing!! Cold brewed the tea is the prettiest pink color but it has a slightly strange taste… a little chemically which Im attributing to the stevia and it really isn’t that sweet which I’m attributing to the cold brew not melting the hundreds and thousands… holding off on rating this tea until I’ve brewed it as recommended…

sren

I’m curious to hear how it turns out, as I have eyed that flavor…