Jasmine Poached Pears

Jasmine Flowers, Natural Flavours, Pear, Sencha
Floral, Jasmine, Pear, Smooth, Sweet, Tangy, Custard, Fruit Punch
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by CrowKettle

• “May Flowers! This is one of the teas that came in my mega-Bluebird cupboard sale from tea-sipper (thanks, tea-sipper!) and this seems like a very appro-po time to try it! I can’t drink a plain,...” Read full tasting note
  • “One of Bluebird’s sales teas that is now GONE. I’m happy I get to try it. Surprisingly when I open the pouch, there is the fragrance of a ton of pear but not so much jasmine. I was hoping for an...” Read full tasting note
  • “The notes of this blend are fruity, creamy and sour rolled into one. Is it weird to say that it smells like rhubarb and custard sweets? Probably, but it totally does! Jasmine Poached Pears tastes...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

We do appreciate a simple combo every now and again and, in our humble opinion, nothing beats a jasmine green tea. Scented the traditional way by laying jasmine leaves onto the grassy green leaves this blend ticks both fruity and floral.

Ingredients: Chinese Sencha green tea, pear pieces, jasmine blossom, natural flavouring.

Brew the perfect cup: 1 heaped teaspoon per cup – 80° C water – 3 mins – no milk

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

I can’t drink a plain, jasmine-scented tea as they are just too strong for me and come off to me like drinking perfume because of the aroma, which aggrevates my migraine-head much the same way as standing next to someone wearing too-strong perfume, but I’ve found I’m usually okay with teas that are lightly scented, by blending jasmine teas with other teas, or just including the flower blooms or petals into a blend with other scents and ingredients. When I brewed up this tea, I could definitely smell a jasmine aroma, but it wasn’t the strong, overpowering aroma I got from my experience trying jasmine pearls, it was softer, sweeter, but still very floral.

The taste of the tea was wonderful; this is the kind of jasmine tea I could drink all day! The pear base is lovely; it’s a lighter pear taste than, say, the strong juicy taste of 52Teas Pear Chai, but the jasmine notes come through easily so the two flavors blend nicely. There is the slightest bit of fruit tanginess, followed by a soft, floral sweetness. Overall, I’d say this is probably one of the nicest green blends I’ve tried and really hope Bird & Blend Co. gives it a reboot at some point!

Flavors: Floral, Jasmine, Pear, Smooth, Sweet, Tangy

Please keep things friendly and .

One of Bluebird’s sales teas that is now GONE. I’m happy I get to try it. Surprisingly when I open the pouch, there is the fragrance of a ton of pear but not so much jasmine. I was hoping for an equal balance of the two, but the pear flavor is AMAZINGLY authentic. I’m sure the little pear bits don’t hurt the flavor either. The jasmine doesn’t seem to add much. But I’m loving this pear buttery green tea anyway.
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoons for a full mug // 28 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // 25 min after boiling // 3 minute steep

Flavors: Pear

Lexie Aleah

Sounds delicious

tea-sipper

Sorry, I already packaged up your teas or I’d throw some of this with them. :D

Michelle

Sounds yummy!

Jlvintagelove

that one sounds really good!

Please keep things friendly and .

The notes of this blend are fruity, creamy and sour rolled into one. Is it weird to say that it smells like rhubarb and custard sweets? Probably, but it totally does! Jasmine Poached Pears tastes fruity, with a light jasmine flavour that combines with a tickle of grassy sencha. As a massive lover of jasmine, my heart ached for a strong jasmine note, so the gentleness was initially disappointing. But, the more I worked my way through the blend, the more I appreciated the balance of fruit and florals. Not exactly what I was expecting, but I ended up loving it!

For more on tea: www.tastethetea.co.uk

Flavors: Custard, Fruit Punch, Jasmine