Spiced Clementine

Fruit Tea
Apple Pieces, Cloves, Flowers, Ginger, Hibiscus, Natural Flavours, Orange Peel, Rose Hips, Star Anise Bits
Citrus, Clove, Fruity, Ginger, Orange, Spicy, Tangy, Hibiscus, Spices, Tart
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 11 oz / 323 ml

• “Holiday Tea-son! Third tea from my advent calendar, which was one of Bird & Blend’s holiday blends from last year. It’s one of those hibi-hip spice blends so I imagine everyone else is going to...” Read full tasting note
  • “Bird & Blend Tea Advent Calendar – Day 3 Fruit tisanes are never my favorites, but at least this one sounds interesting. I do enjoy clementines! There looked to be a small amount in the...” Read full tasting note
  • “045/365 This one is pretty much as the name suggests – distinctively orangey, with a heavy overtone of spice. It’s almost like orange juice infused with spices, except that it’s less sweet than...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Sweet clementine with clove + ginger – the perfect festive tea!

Remember when you were young and you got to decorate clementines with cloves? Remember how amazing and Christmassy it smelt? We’re bringing you back with this delicious tangy but sweet Christmas blend! The perfect stocking filler or the best accompaniment for your Christmas pud!

Hibiscus, cloves, apple pieces, ginger, star anise, orange flowers, rosehip, orange peel, natural flavour.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

Holiday Tea-son! Third tea from my advent calendar, which was one of Bird & Blend’s holiday blends from last year. It’s one of those hibi-hip spice blends so I imagine everyone else is going to hate this one, but I happen to love those. The dry leaf smelled heavy on the orange and spice and reminded me of a blend I’d sipped down just a few months ago when I was fighting off a minor throat cold, Tea Chai Te’s Orange Zephyr, which was an orange/tangerine flavored hibiscus ginger blend. I always loved that tea on my throat. Though this tea smells a little more heavy on the clove than the ginger.

My teabag apparently didn’t have much hibi in it, since my steeped tea was very weak in color, it looked a pale lavender color. I’m sure this news will make every other person on Steepster rejoice, since I’m apparently one of about five people on the whole site that actually likes hibiscus, but if I knew it was going to be like that I would’ve cut the bag open, put it in my gravity well infuser, and added a bit more hibi petal from my stash myself. Is it really supposed to look like that? * checks their Instagram * Nope, definitely should be a nice, deep red. Welp, nothing to do for it now but drink it as is…

…Yup, it’s really weak. Needs the hibi. It’s like the whole base is just missing. It tastes too oily and watery without it. I’m getting a strong orange flavor, and a nice spice mix, but there is no substance. I wonder if I tried steeping a bag of hibiscus into this cup of already steeped tea, if I could somehow salvage this, because this is pretty much undrinkable as is…

Blech. I’ve got to try.

Alright, 1/4 teaspoon hibi is going in the cup until it turns a proper red. Fingers crossed.

The cup has turned a slightly darker red just from adding that small amount of hibiscus and is no longer that that pale, pale lavender… and the taste is already drastically improved. She has a pulse! It actually has a base now! Honestly, I probably should’ve added a bit more, but I wasn’t sure what the actual blend was supposed to have and didn’t want to over do it and drown out the flavors, either. But now this is actually drinkable! There is a slight fruitiness to bring out that orange flavor and for it to mix with, so it doesn’t just taste like oily orange water, and the clove and ginger compliments it very nicely.

Still a little unimpressed to get such a bad blend in my teabag, though. Of all the people to receive that teabag, I was probably the one person to not enjoy getting a hibi cider with no hibi, while everyone else would’ve cried tears of joy if that happened to them. Go figure.

(On the plus side, I’m probably also the only person able to fix that problem, since I own plain hibiscus flower, and no one else would…)

Flavors: Citrus, Clove, Fruity, Ginger, Orange, Spicy, Tangy

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 12 OZ / 350 ML
lizwykys

I also have plain hibiscus! So. Much. Hibiscus. I bought a big bag from an herbal tea vendor a million years ago, and it goes so far and lasts so long, I will never ever ever not have hibi. I will be passing down antique hibi for generations to come. :P

Mastress Alita

Hahaha! Yes, write that hibi into your will for your grandchildren, I’m sure they will appreciate it! _ hands out your “Welcome to the Hibiscus Rescue Habitat Society” badge We are a select few on Steepster. Cherish it.

Bird & Blend Tea Advent Calendar – Day 3

Fruit tisanes are never my favorites, but at least this one sounds interesting. I do enjoy clementines! There looked to be a small amount in the sachet, so I used a bit less water than I normally would.

Meh. It’s not bad, but it’s certainly not memorable. It mostly tastes of orange with some hibiscus tartness and light spicing. As far as the spices go, apparently there’s star anise and ginger in here, but I really only taste clove.

A fairly generic orange and clove fruit tea. It’s pleasant to drink, but not something I would ever purchase myself.

Flavors: Clove, Hibiscus, Orange, Spices, Tart

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 10 OZ / 295 ML

045/365

This one is pretty much as the name suggests – distinctively orangey, with a heavy overtone of spice. It’s almost like orange juice infused with spices, except that it’s less sweet than that might suggest. If anything, that’s my one complaint about this blend – clementine, to me, is a slightly sweeter orange flavour. Here, it’s more sharp orangey-orange, which is fine, but not quite what I was expecting. Really, I’m just happy that the orange remains distinctive despite the heavy spicing.

Clove and ginger are the only spices listed in the ingredients, and both of those are present in abundance. There’s also some “flavouring”, though, and I have a feeling that at least a few other spices are hidden in that catch-all. I think cinnamon, for sure, and maybe something like chili…there’s definitely a “heat” that isn’t ginger or one of the tamer spices. Unless, that is, my tastebuds are totally off.

Anyway, I liked this one. I would like it to be a little sweeter, but it’s good all the same.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp