Matcha White Tea
Lemon Oil, Lemon Peel, Matcha Green Tea, White Tea
Candy, Creamy, Grass, Lemon, Smooth, Sweet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
Iced 4 oz / 118 ml

• “Day 4 – Matcha Advent Flavour is lemony but in a waxy sort of way. Some astringency also which adds to the waxy lemon rind taste. It’s not like, super lemony either considering the rind is so...” Read full tasting note
  • “Bird & Blend Matcha Advent Calendar – Day 4 Another single-serve stick. Sigh… I don’t know if I’m just being entitled, but these single serves in the matcha advent are really irritating me. ...” Read full tasting note
  • “146/365 I’ve been feeling so sluggish and tired these last few days, I pretty much had to drink some matcha. It usually perks me up a little bit, at least. I’m trying to overcome my aversion to...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Our brilliant Matcha flavoured with a zesty twist of lemon!

Japanese green tea powder with lemon peel, lemon essential oil.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

Day 4 – Matcha Advent

Flavour is lemony but in a waxy sort of way. Some astringency also which adds to the waxy lemon rind taste. It’s not like, super lemony either considering the rind is so strong.

There is no sweetness to it either which I expect from lemon. It’s sour but sweet, yet all I can taste from this is waxy rind with a lingering aftertaste.

In comparison to this Lemon Matcha and the one I get from Pure Chimp I say I fully prefer the Pure Chimp blend. The Bird&Blend Lemon Matcha is heavy on the rind and waxy whereas the Pure Chimp Lemon Matcha uses lemongrass instead of the fruit so it’s fragrant and creamy but with full on flavour. For me lemongrass blends better with the Matcha base. (Plus it has to be said that Pure Chimp is a lot cheaper).

I feel a bit cheeky for the comparison but I have the Pure Chimp matcha often and have for a long time. This blend just doesn’t Matcha-up to that one. (Sorry, I had to).

For pictures and more information visit my blog.

Cameron B.

I’d never heard of Pure Chimp, but it looks as though they ship to the US! Hooray! I’ll have to try them sometime next year. ❤

KittyLovesTea

They do a few flavours like Mint but I haven’t tried them. They usually do little sales though so keep your eyes peeled. I’m somewhat disappointed so far with the Matcha Advent. And the single serves really should be tins!

Cameron B.

I’m with you on the single serving sticks. I’m always slightly irritated when I find one…

Bird & Blend Matcha Advent Calendar – Day 4

Another single-serve stick. Sigh…

I don’t know if I’m just being entitled, but these single serves in the matcha advent are really irritating me. At the price I paid (£65 + shipping) they really should have just made all of these mini tins. I’m four days in and so far, two of the days have been single servings…

Anyway, on to the matcha. Prepared the half-teaspoon serving with 4 ounces of plain soy milk.

I quite like this one. The lemon flavor reminds me of lemon drops without the sugar. It’s definitely not authentic lemon, more of a candy flavor. But I like it! It’s not overpoweringly flavored either. The matcha base is quite weak (as usual), but at least I can taste it a little under the lemon. I would consider buying this one (though in all likelihood, I’ll just order a lemon matcha from 3 Leaf, as I like their base much better).

From Bonne Maman, we have Orange-Cinnamon (Orange-Cannelle) spread. I’m not a huge fan of marmalade, but this smells delicious. The smell actually reminds me more of honey than jam. There are some orange rind pieces mixed in. The spread itself is a bit bitter (being a maramalade), but the cinnamon really helps to sweeten it and counteract the bitterness a bit. A delicious combination! :D

Flavors: Candy, Creamy, Grass, Lemon, Smooth, Sweet

Iced 4 OZ / 118 ML
Kawaii433

Now I’m going to have to try Bird & Blend Tea Co., Cameron. My first Lupicia should be here any day now too.

Cameron B.

I can send you a sampling of their teas! The matchas I only have a serving or two, so that’s a bit tougher.

Their shipping to the States is cray cray.

Kawaii433

Awww that sucks. I’ve never traded tea before, but that sounds good. I will send you some What-Cha teas that I saw on your wishlist. :D

Kawaii433

I’m new to all of this. ^^

Mastress Alita

Ya, they don’t make it easy for us international Teabirds. :-(

Kawaii433

:( I know I had to order a LOT to get the VAT and free shipping from Theodor >.<. I’ll have enough of their milk oolong for an army lol.

Nattie

If it works out any cheaper I’m happy to send stuff on to you. Not sure how much their international shipping is but it’s way cheaper to me for sure.

Cameron B.

They just added a free shipping threshold for international orders! It is quite high though (£64) but I’m excited nonetheless. :D

Nattie

Ooh awesome! (:

146/365

I’ve been feeling so sluggish and tired these last few days, I pretty much had to drink some matcha. It usually perks me up a little bit, at least. I’m trying to overcome my aversion to cold matcha/matcha without milk, and so I decided to kill two birds with one stone and make this up as a matcha lemonade.

It’s a Bluebird recipe, using 1/2 tsp lemon matcha, 1/2 tsp lemon juice, and 1 tsp honey, topped off with lemonade. It’s pretty good – lemony, for sure! The fresh lemon helps, I think; I’m not sure a lot of the flavour is really coming from the matcha, but perhaps some of it is. Mostly, I’m just grateful that it stays in the background, apart from the odd flash of vegetal flavour here and there.

I feel cleaner and a little more energised after drinking this. It’s very bright and refreshing, and I can see myself drinking it a lot more come summer.