Astringent, Brisk, Burnt Sugar, Butter, Caramel, Malt, Raisins, Bitter, Tannic
Bulk, Loose Leaf
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 12 oz / 354 ml

3 Images

• “I thought this was decent and comparable to the bold caramel teas from TeaGschwendner and August Uncommon Teas. My mom loved it on a whole other level though – the smooth, buttery caramel toffee...” Read full tasting note
  • “#tiffanys2021sipdown Tea #156 overall / Tea #27 for April An Ode to Tea, B is for Butter Brew (gifted by AJRimmer & Tori, used AJRimmer sample) Monday 04/19 — Bird & Blend Butter Brew hot...” Read full tasting note
  • “This was my afternoon cup today. It’s not super cold hehre right now, around 27, but a littel foggy and dreary. So I decided t go though the teas I did drink from my advent calendars in December,...” Read full tasting note
  • “AJRimmer Advent Day 18 I haven’t tried this one before! It does smell very butterscotchy. I steeped it and then walked away until my cup had cooled. There is a slight tang and astringency at the...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

You’re gonna go PotTEA for our caramel Butter Brew!

We’ve combined our favourite British book/film series with every British person’s favourite drink… a good ol’ cuppa!

A breakfast blend of Assam & Ceylon whole leaf tea with caramel & vanilla notes.

Ingredients: Indian Assam Black Tea, Sri Lankan Black Tea, Calendula Petals, Natural Flavouring

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

I thought this was decent and comparable to the bold caramel teas from TeaGschwendner and August Uncommon Teas. My mom loved it on a whole other level though – the smooth, buttery caramel toffee flavour on top of a builder’s blend (with Assam) is a winning combo, especially for a decadent morning wake-up cup.

It also takes to milk well – but would have to experiment with it more to see how it handles plant-based milks. Another time though, because this is gone!

Flavors: Astringent, Brisk, Burnt Sugar, Butter, Caramel, Malt, Raisins

#tiffanys2021sipdown Tea #156 overall / Tea #27 for April
Monday 04/19 — Bird & Blend Butter Brew hot & plain with a splash of milk. Didn’t really taste much other than the black tea & milk tbh.
#tiffanydrinkstea #tiffanys2021 #tiffanysfaves #tiffanyinthe614 #tiffanysteasipdown #sipdownchallenge

This was my afternoon cup today. It’s not super cold hehre right now, around 27, but a littel foggy and dreary. So I decided t go though the teas I did drink from my advent calendars in December, and came up with this one.

I didn’t love it. I didn’t hate it. Darned nose can’t smell anything so I really have no idea about the taste. A bit bitter at the end of the sip. I drank half the cup, then poured it out and re-steeped. It wasn’t bitter, but now a little astringent. It’s a shame. In the past I’ve enjoyed caramel teas like Mrs Patmore’s pudding tea and Marco Polo. Maybe it’s time to start adding honey to my tea.

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 10 OZ / 295 ML
gmathis

Oh, Marco Polo! I haven’t had that in ages…so, so, so very good!

AJRimmer Advent Day 18

I haven’t tried this one before! It does smell very butterscotchy. I steeped it and then walked away until my cup had cooled. There is a slight tang and astringency at the start of the sip. That changes into an almost bread like flavor and then the finish is all buttery with hints of caramel. I kinda want to try this hot with a sweetener!

This tea was accompanied by a note that mentioned a very dedicated process of creating a homemade butterbeer beverage that made me smile. Now I kind of want to go looking for butter pecan ice cream and try it!

Adventaggedon Day 15 – Tea 4/6

I can’t actually remember if I’ve had this tea before; I’m thinking no? If I have, it wasn’t memorable. I was excited to see it this morning though because it was cool I was getting another Harry Potter inspired tea from my non-Harry Potter themed advent!

This was a polarizing tea in my advent group this morning – a lot of people were sad it wasn’t super strongly flavoured and said it reminded them of a majority black tea. I feel like I have kind of the opposite impression? To me, especially from the dry leaf aroma, is was very obviously flavoured but just in a way that exaggerated a lot of the natural flavours of the black tea. If I had to guess, I’d say that there was probably either a butter or a biscuit flavouring added to the tea – possibly both? Or, at least, something similar. There was a bit of almost butterscotch-y sweetness but it was definitely very tempered next to the lush creamy and bready flavours and thick malty top notes. I actually appreciate the blend a lot because it was so incredibly thick and buttery without being overly sweet/sugared.

I added in a splash of milk with my morning cuppa, and I was ultimately very impressed and pleased with this interpretation of a Butter Beer profile. It was like the Breakfast Blend version of a butter beer!

Advent Photos: https://www.instagram.com/p/CI1bJQzAPNj/

tea-sipper

Nope, I’ll always have a grudge against this tea for kicking out Jelly + Ice Cream from the chance at the permanent tea wall.

Mastress Alita

…They didn’t even make this tea permanent on the tea wall, so they can hype it up every time they have a big sale.

Bird & Blend Advent Day 15 (15-December 2020)

This one smells caramel-y dry and steeped. I wouldn’t say buttery, like the name, but caramel is still tasty, so here’s hoping.

This is just a half decent black base with some bitterness while it’s still quite hot. I think this is the Assam tea base against the 100°C water. I should’ve checked the ingredients before adding water instead of just the steeping parameters.

I’m going to let this cool some more to see if some caramel flavours come out. Yeah, nothing changed as it cooled, sadly. I still drank the cup, but the sachets I saved for a re-steep may just be tossed.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 14 OZ / 414 ML
Cameron B.

I found this to be underflavored as well, unfortunately!

I’m happy to finally try this tea! It smelled just right in the bag, though in the cup, it smelled bitter – luckily it didn’t taste bitter! The flavor is lighter than I wanted it to be. Mostly black tea with a bit of butterscotch flavor. It tastes good with milk, but I really pictured something stronger. Really, I did quite enjoy it, but it should have been more decadent. The second steep was almost as flavorful as the first.

Second tea of the battle of the caramel teas. Check out my review of the other tea, Caramel by TeaG here: https://steepster.com/rachel12610/posts/416011

This one and the other are actually quite similar. This one, however, has a bit more of the black tea base coming through. I don’t love Bird and Blend’s base, though its not bad so it doesn’t ruin the tea. What it does do is take away slightly from the caramel notes at times. Other times it heightens the caramel. Honestly it was a close call but with the base peaking through, it can get a touch astringent sometimes and that’s why this one lost.

Cameron B.

I agree on the base, it’s fine but nothing special.

VariaTEA

It makes a good iced latte with a touch of caramel drizzle though

Kittenna

I also don’t love the base on this one, but do love the flavouring! Haha.

This was re-released today, so I decided to celebrate by brewing a cup. Made it my preferred way- drenching the cup in caramel sauce before filling the cup with tea. It just smells so insanely good, and the caramel sauce brings out the butterscotch flavor of the tea, which is otherwise pretty muted.

AJRimmer

Ooo I’ve been obsessed with making caramel sauce lately. This sounds like the perfect way to send off my final serving of Butter Brew!

Martin Bednář

But be careful, they said it is very limited relase! I never had it though and there is no opinion to order it with next subscription.

tea-sipper

Why is this limited release when I’m still annoyed it took out ‘Jelly + Ice Cream’ in the vote? It’s supposed to be a tea wall tea but it’s always limited. hmm. At least you enjoy this one, amandastory!

tea-sipper

Oh speak of the devil, just saw in the e-mail that Jelly + Ice Cream will be back in stock for a while. (Though I’m already stocked up for now, I’m glad they bring it back — seemingly as often as they do the Butter Brew which makes the vote kind of pointless. haha)

Mastress Alita

I didn’t even bother voting the last time because after Butter Brew won the one year but instead of putting it permanently on the Tea Wall (point of the vote) they continue extreme FOMOLIMITED TIME RELEASE! GET IT EARLY LIMITED STOCK!” b.s. with it all the time.

amandastory516

tea-sipper: I just saw that!
Mastress Alita- The limited release nonsense is getting a bit tiresome.

tea-sipper

Yeah, I haven’t really paid attention to if the vote winners actually stay on the tea wall otherwise (doubt it – I also haven’t voted since Butter Brew won.)

Entry #3 for National Fragrance Day, although honestly, this cup was a bit of a disappointment, not as much flavour as usual, and the aroma was a bit bland. This tea is quite hit or miss for me, and I’m not sure why. Still alright today, but not that magical buttery aroma I was hoping for!

AJRimmer

I have a similar experience with this one. When it’s good, it’s really good!

Kittenna

Yes! But it’s so hit or miss. I have to assume there’s some particular element to brewing that I only achieve about half the time.