Jumpy Monkey

Yerba maté Tea
Almonds, Carob, Chicory, Coffee Beans, Green Yerba Mate, Roasted Yerba Mate, Vanilla Flavour, White Chocolate
Burnt, Coffee, Artificial, Cocoa, Almond, White Chocolate, Vanilla, Wet Wood, Earth, Bitter, Dirt, Chocolate, Nuts, Nutty, Hay, Wood, Cream, Grass, Sweet, Espresso
High
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

3 Images

• “Sipdown!! (198) I actually searched “sipdown” when I tried to find this tea. Luckily I realized what I was doing and was able to find the tea. Though I enjoyed this, I am not particularly sad to...” Read full tasting note
  • “2-3 TB for a gourd, 1 packet stevia (equals 2 tsp sugar) New batch — ai! David, what happened?? This is all bitter and harsh, and even extra stevia ain’t helping. My darling Jumpy Monkey has jumped...” Read full tasting note
  • “Today is one of those days where I have no idea what kind of tea I want to drink. I’m also a little grumpy—apparently there are 3 boxes full of tea waiting for me at the post office, but instead of...” Read full tasting note
  • “If you subconsciously associate the “Chunky Monkey” ice cream from Ben & Jerry’s with this tea, well… Try not to. I had a visions of a sweet almond caramel nutty tea, maybe even banana. You...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

This brew gives you a tasty boost with a unique combination of exotic ingredients. It combines four types of coffee beans with Argentinian maté, and laces them with carob, white chocolate and chicory. The result is sweet, rich and deliciously satisfying. Plus it’s a sweet treat you can enjoy guilt-free, since this blend has virtually no calories. No wonder they say maté makes you efficient.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Day 2 of the DavidsTea calendar! I like this more than most of the other reviewers did. I am not a coffee drinker but I like mild coffee flavor if the bitterness can be curtailed. And this has a lot going on.

I taste the coffee flavor, I taste sweetness, and somehow there is a little hint of mint-like brightness. Overall, it is smooth and delicious. This seems like a great tea for sipping as you read a book quietly by yourself. This is one I may repurchase for just such an occasion.

Thank you, SuperAnna!

Advent Calendar day 2. When I saw that this tea had coffee in it, I knew the odds of me liking it were slim to none because I cannot stand the taste of coffee. The first few sips were okay. I didn’t taste much coffee and instead got a vanilla taste with some notes of white chocolate. I only wish it had stayed that way. Then, the strong coffee aftertaste began to take over and I knew that I was in trouble. I couldn’t even finish my cup. Here’s to hoping the rest of the advent calendar is more to my taste.

Flavors: Coffee, Vanilla, White Chocolate

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Day 2 of the DAVID’s Tea advent calendar!

I decided to give this one a go as a latte, which I feel was the right choice. Even so, this one wasn’t a winner for me. Even as a latte, a lot of oil floated to the top and it really had an earthy vibe that I couldn’t get into. Once the top oil was sipped away it got significantly better, but still nothing to write home about. Still an earthy vibe with strong coffee notes in the aftertaste and a hint of white chocolate. I do wish this was a little sweeter; I even considered adding sugar but decided against it. I can’t say I’m surprised really — I’m not really a fan of coffee or maté.

Flavors: Coffee, Earth, White Chocolate

I would not recommend this tea. It is bitter and disgusting. Not blended well at all.

Flavors: Bitter, Dirt

I really enjoyed this yerba mate and coffee blend. It’s a nice start to the day as a coffee-tea hybrid to give you a bit of a caffeine hit. The coffee beans help to balance the sweetness of the mate and chocolate. There’s a nice creaminess to it and I don’t mind the bitterness that is reminiscent of the bitterness I’m accustomed to with coffee.

Flavors: Almond, Bitter, Chocolate, Coffee

195 °F / 90 °C 5 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML

I put this in my gravity steeper and totally lost track of time. Thankfully, mate tea doesn’t seem to do the mad-crazy-bitter thing that black tea does when oversteeped. This just became stronger.
This tea gets a special place in my heart for being one of the first ones I liked. My friend was ordering from David’s Tea and I threw in an order for a few things, just to try them. I had no idea what I was ordering. This one’s ingredients sounded good, and I’d heard vague things about mate tea helping with weight loss. Boom. Money gone. Tea arrival.
Thankfully, my lack of knowledge didn’t hurt me.
This is a great tea. Deep and slick and with a few chocolate and mate notes, as well as a hint of robust coffee.
Oddly, my FAVORITE part of this tea is its aftertaste. (How often can one say that about ANYTHING?) It coats the tongue in something really silky and good that I can’t quite pinpoint. Yum.

6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

When I want coffee, I use this as my substitute

Flavors: Coffee, Nuts

Too nutty for my taste. I wish I had sampled this instead of jumping head into a 100 g tin. Will not be buying again.

Flavors: Nutty

This is the worst tea I’ve had the misfortune to taste so far, since starting to drink loose leaf teas. The flavour was so very bitter. I tried one cup with milk and sugar – and another cup with condensed milk – before I had to return my tin at the store. I blame the coffee beans for the bitterness (although I might be wrong) so as a result of this experience, I won’t be buying any other teas containing coffee beans in the future.

Flavors: Bitter

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

This was one hell of an interesting cup of tea. And I mean that in the best way possible. The smell, was…well. It reminded me of when I was a child living at my fathers place in the country. The smell was very fresh, almost like walking through a hay field (if you don’t know the smell, it’s amazing) Tastes extra nice if you add a touch of the Hot Chocolate tea from the same company. (DavidsTea)

(Tip: Let it steep. )