Apple Custard

Herbal Tea
Apple, Chamomile, Coriander, Golden Raisins, Natural Vanilla Flavor
Apple, Creamy, Fruity, Sweet, Vanilla, Apple Skins, Coriander, Cream, Custard, Milk, Sugar, Butter, Dried Fruit, Raisins, Rum, Smooth, Pastries, Coriander Seed, Honey, Spices, Almond, Lemon, Artificial, Tart, Bitter, Caramel, Sour, Apple Candy
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

• “I got this as part of the Throwback Sweethearts gift box. As with most fruit infusions, I fell in love with the smell of the dry loose leaf, and I didn’t like much about the flavour. The hint of...” Read full tasting note
  • “House sitting this weekend and they have an old Christmas collection from DT! Which includes this and Cocomint Cream!!! Ahhh! Sweet apple, creamy/eggy vanilla custard. I under-leafed (they said I’m...” Read full tasting note
  • “Decided to yet again have this tea – as the first time I had it, it wasn’t my favourite, so I sold it. Now I’ve acquired some more and gave it a go as a latte, and it was pretty good. Although it...” Read full tasting note
  • “I like Apple and this tea is nice but I’ve just never been able to commit to an apple based tea. Yet. This unfortunately isn’t the tide turner.” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

We hope you’re sitting down. Because we’re about to make a pretty bold claim. This might just be the most decadently creamy blend we’ve ever tasted. Seriously. It’s almost crazy how much it tastes like a warm and comforting custard or pudding. It blends sweet apples, golden raisins and honey-scented chamomile with a rich and creamy hint of vanilla. Go ahead, indulge. With this in your cupboard, who needs dessert?

Price: $7.50 per 50g

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I got this as part of the Throwback Sweethearts gift box. As with most fruit infusions, I fell in love with the smell of the dry loose leaf, and I didn’t like much about the flavour. The hint of cream needs to be much stronger in order to compete with the apple.

Flavors: Apple

Sweet apple, creamy/eggy vanilla custard. I under-leafed (they said I’m welcome to whatever but there’s only about 2 cups left) so the flavours are present but not strong just black. So I added a touch of milk and sugar to help things out. Really tasty!

Decided to yet again have this tea – as the first time I had it, it wasn’t my favourite, so I sold it. Now I’ve acquired some more and gave it a go as a latte, and it was pretty good. Although it was quite sweet, and vanilla tasting, I like the apple flavour too. I’ll finish what I have, but I won’t really miss it.

Flavors: Apple, Creamy, Fruity, Sweet, Vanilla

A slightly late day 3 of my home-made tea advent calender. Day 3’s theme is decadent herbals.

I absolutely love apple custard and it is one of my favourite offerings by David’s Tea. I need to grab more before they stop selling, but I can never justify an order because I don’t have enough teas I want to buy at once. AND, they don’t seem to list Birthday cake online, hopefully they didn’t retire one of their most popular teas but I’d be lost without it.

Flavors: Creamy, Custard, Pastries, Sweet

195 °F / 90 °C
Lexie Aleah

Yes! I need to try this one. I wish they would give some warning before retiring the teas. So that I can place an order before it’s too late.

Simple, creamy, delicious. Wish I could have stocked up on this because I only have a sample of it.

Flavors: Creamy

Sipdown. I am not too sad to see this one go. It was fine but nothing to get excited over.

So very glad that I have a bit of this left now that the tea has been retired.

Despite my mixed views on this tea when I was drinking it straight up, steeped strong with milk and a dab of honey, it is just wow. Totally apple vanilla custard indulgence.

Hurray for tweaking mediocre and finding fabulous.

I suspect I will be drinking this night after night cuddled up in my flannel jammies and fleece until it is all gone.

VariaTEA

With milk and some honey? I shall have to try it this way.

Evol Ving Ness

Yeah, who knew? Never in a million years would I have considered putting milk into a camomile tea, but then, custard? Well, yeah. I am still surprised at how good it is.

Evol Ving Ness

For 12 oz. of strong tea, I add about 1/4 cup, maybe a bit more, milk and then about 1/2 a teaspoon of honey.

VariaTEA

Awesome. Thanks for letting me know and I’ll be sure to give it a try. This was good as an eggnog latte so I could see your method being very nice.

Oooh, eggnog!

Nice aroma to this one, definitely a baked apple dessert smell. I was a bit worried with all of the raisins in it as I’m not a huge fan of them, but they don’t overpower the flavour. I never eat raisins by themselves, but in things they’re okay. Anyway, it’s a satisfying tea after a meal. There’s a nice creamy vanilla flavour that blends well with the apple and spices. Quite pleasant.

Flavors: Apple, Spices, Sweet, Vanilla

205 °F / 96 °C 7 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML

I love this tea. It definitely needs creamer, but with it it’s the perfect dessert tea. Sometimes it tastes like thick and creamy custard, sometimes it tastes like my husband’s panna cotta. I love it and I’m so sad to be drinking the last of it. Fingers crossed that this will be something DavidsTea brings back this winter!

3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Evol Ving Ness

David’s has it on sale online right now, but you would need to buy 250 grams. Still, if you like it and you drink it often, that may not be all that much, right?

sundaysipping

I didn’t realize it was on sale! 250g wouldn’t be too much since I like it a lot. Thanks!

You are welcome! Hth.