Lemon Pound Cake

Oolong Tea
Hibiscus, Lemon Peel, Lemongrass, Oolong, Sunflower Blossoms
Cake, Lemon, Baked Bread, Butter, Cream, Lemon Zest, Lemongrass, Tangy, Autumn Leaf Pile, Herbs, Roasted, Cardboard, Citrus, Nutty, Hay, Hibiscus, Artificial, Sweet, Vegetal, Bitter, Jasmine, Creamy, Custard, Vanilla, Cheesecake, Fruity, Tart
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by eastkyteaguy

From DAVIDsTEA

Bake it till you make it.

If you ask us, lemon pound cake is an unbeatable teatime snack. Buttery, tangy and not too sweet, it’s the perfect complement to our favourite cuppa. So, why don’t we have it more often? The answer is all in the name…The traditional recipe calls for a pound of sugar AND a pound of butter. No wonder it tastes so good. Luckily, our version is a little bit lighter – without sacrificing on flavour. We take a base of smooth-drinking oolong, then add fresh lemongrass, fruity lemon and a decadent touch of creaminess. Now that’s a treat you can enjoy all day, every day.

Ingredients: Oolong, lemongrass, lemon peel, sunflower blossom, white hibiscus, natural and artificial poundcake and lemon flavour.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I’m not a big fan of citrus teas but this is lemony and sweet…..like a pound cake

Flavors: Cake, Lemon

Omg, I was hoping to finish this off today but the rest of my packet went missing at work. BOOOOO. Because this was actually pretty for a flavoured oolong from David’s Tea; second steep was like a lemon meringue pie.

Wish I had picked up a little more (and taken it home). Why do I learn to like a David’s Tea offering just as they are discontinuing it?

Flavors: Baked Bread, Butter, Cream, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Lemongrass, Tangy

Evol Ving Ness

Have you learned to like Maple Syrup Oolong yet? Start liking it now!

CrowKettle

I bought some but still have yet to try it. Maybe tomorrow :)

Evol Ving Ness

Excellent news! Looking forward to hearing your impressions.

Roswell Strange

For the record; whenever a tea is announced as discontinued/retired I always try to drink it & log it here on Steepster the same week – and call out it’s discontinued. That way, I hope as many people who are fans of the blend get to see it’s been retired as soon as possible & have time to stock up (if they want to).

Evol Ving Ness

Thank you, Ms. Strange. We appreciate you!

Kittenna

Agreed!

I got this one from Ost. This tastes like lemongrass, and it also tastes buttery and cakey. I really like it. Lemongrass in dessert teas really works for me for some reason!

Work – 2:00 PM

Hmm… Well I suppose this smells nice at least.

It mostly just tastes like lemongrass to me. Which doesn’t really make me think of lemon cake at all…

There’s maybe a tad bit of butter or cake or something in the aftertaste, but mostly it’s just a lemongrass tea. And I’m not sure I would really know it’s an oolong either, it could easily be a green tea or an herbal as well. I suppose I can slightly taste the roastiness from the oolong?

Pretty nondescript lemongrass tea. shrugs

It’s not bad, but it’s not cake either.

Flavors: Autumn Leaf Pile, Herbs, Lemongrass, Roasted

evol-ving

Funny, I Love this one and I really really dislike lemongrass. Interesting how tastes differ.

I don’t get it. This tea has crazy high ratings. I steeped it exactly per the instructions, and yet, it’s just blah.

I don’t get “just like lemon pound cake” at all. I don’t get “buttery, citrusy oolong” either.

I thought it had additional sweetener added to it, so I didn’t add any the first time around. Ick. Big mistake. It just tasted a bit tangy with hints of citrus, and lemongrass. No butter, no nuthin’.

Second steep was about the same as the first, but I added one cube of sugar to the 16 oz cup. Okay, this makes it more… well, sweet. That’s about it. Oh, and once it cooled I tasted flat cardboard. Not butter. Sigh.

No idea what I did wrong here, but this sucks. Expensive tea these days, DAVIDs, and I can’t say I’m thrilled with the results. I’ve got enough for another big cup, so, we’ll see.

Flavors: Cardboard, Citrus, Lemongrass

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Roswell Strange

This tea is being retired, so I’d wager that even if you’re in the minority here on Steepster you’re probably not in the minority overall. Personally, I like this one – though I usually brew it iced and a little bit stronger, then added in some milk.

Cameron B.

I don’t get it either, MissB. This mostly just tastes like lemongrass to me…

MissB

They did recommend it iced, the staff, so that makes sense. There are so many of DAVIDs offerings these days that seem better iced. Which is cool, just not an option while I’m traveling.

Glad to know I’m not the only one who isn’t in love with it…

This is amazing hot or iced! Really tastes like iced lemon pound cake – creamy and sweet without milk/sweetener.

I steeped two perfect spoons of this tea for 3 mins, 15 seconds. .And then poured over a glass of ice. This tea is nice because the lemon and the sweetness come out, but it isn’t too sweet as some artificial flavors tend to be. This oolong is very refreshing as an iced tea, and also makes a great iced latte! The oolong in it works really well as it isn’t too strong of a tea by itself

Flavors: Lemon, Lemongrass

I’m literally having a cup of this right now after months, and I’m happy all over again! It smells and tastes exactly like its namesake – LEMON POUND CAKE! So magical, so nice, I have no complaints. But be sure not to add too much water if you’re using only one heaping teaspoon because then it tastes like nothing but hot water which is no fun lol.

I’ve tried a lot of bad lemon teas in my day, but this is a good one. The lemon flavor is smooth and bright and not too artificial..fake lemon can make me feel like I’m drinking a cleaning spray instead of tea! And I do get a bit of a “cake” note as well. This is one I’d definitely consider re-purchasing in the future.

Flavors: Cake, Lemon, Nutty

Lemon pound cake, who doesn’t like that? This tea is fine, it does taste a bit like lemon pound cake, not too sweet, but slight taste of cake and lemon, along with the oolong tea taste, which I enjoy. Overall, good, not sweet, nice lemon notes.

Flavors: Cake, Lemon, Lemongrass