Coco Colada

Herbal Tea
Apple, Coconut, Hibiscus, Mango, Natural Coconut Flavor, Natural Pineapple Flavor, Pineapple
Coconut, Creamy, Mango, Pineapple, Tropical, Tart
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

• “Sipdown of this one! I do like this one. It’s a nice coconut/pineapple flavour. I get more coconut than anything. But it is yummy. It’s lovely how it steeps up nice and pink. A nice,...” Read full tasting note
  • “Wow another DAVIDs tea with hibiscus that I don’t immediately hate haha. Maybe my tastes are changing. I had this as iced tea with my family while I was home for the holidays. I think I...” Read full tasting note
  • “This tea steeps a pale, soft pink colour which surprised me right off the bat. It smells just like a Pina Colada with strong hints of coconut and pineapple. It also tastes incredibly similar to a...” Read full tasting note
  • “I am not one for iced tea but it was offered to me free (because I went in to exchange a broken tea tumbler and she didn’t have any more so couldn’t do the exchange, serious...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

We’re going crazy for coconuts over here. Why? Because they’re fun, delicious and make an amazing base for a piña colada. And this happy-go-lucky blend of pineapple, mango and coconut is the perfect way to get a taste. Sweet, fruity and delightfully creamy – it’s the kind of drink that makes us want to sip back and relax by the poolside all day long. The best part? It steeps a pretty light pink, thanks to a touch of hibiscus. It’s totally loco coco.

Ingredients: Pineapple, Roasted Coconut, Mango, Apple, Hibiscus, Natural Coconut and Pineapple Flavouring. Contains Coconut.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Sipdown of this one!

I do like this one. It’s a nice coconut/pineapple flavour. I get more coconut than anything. But it is yummy. It’s lovely how it steeps up nice and pink. A nice, sweet treat this afternoon while both babes sleep.

Wow another DAVIDs tea with hibiscus that I don’t immediately hate haha. Maybe my tastes are changing. I had this as iced tea with my family while I was home for the holidays. I think I prefer it chilled actually. That said, it is enjoyable heated too. The hibiscus gives it a pretty pink colour and my colleague remarked that it reminds her of the beach and Hawaii. There’s a nice creaminess from the coconut and the mango and pineapple give it a pleasant tropical flavour.

Flavors: Coconut, Creamy, Mango, Pineapple, Tropical

205 °F / 96 °C 7 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML
Roswell Strange

To be fair, there’s very little hibiscus actually in the blend – it’s mostly there to add that beautiful colour. If you’re a fan of lattes, the hibiscus in this is really easy to pick out because it’s used so sparingly, and the rest of the tea makes for a REALLY solid latte.

CelticBrew

Thanks for the suggestion! And that’s a good point about the amount of hibsicus. Won’t be running off for a heavy hibiscus tea quite yet.

This tea steeps a pale, soft pink colour which surprised me right off the bat. It smells just like a Pina Colada with strong hints of coconut and pineapple. It also tastes incredibly similar to a Pina Colada. I find that it is a great tea to make a full pitcher of that you can leave in the fridge all day and come back to as you would like. I’ve noticed that it leaves a white film of some kind which can be hard to wash off. Another way to make this tea that is fantastic is in combination with Tropicalia (also from DT). I don’t often find myself craving this tea iced, but it is a fantastic summery iced tea that I will consider repurchasing if it comes back. I have also recently discovered that I love this tea hot.

Flavors: Coconut, Pineapple, Tropical

Iced 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I am not one for iced tea but it was offered to me free (because I went in to exchange a broken tea tumbler and she didn’t have any more so couldn’t do the exchange, serious David’s can have the best customer service), so why not? Iced, two pumps of agave. It’s pretty good! Very colada-y, tastes like summer and day-drinking on a boat. The light pink colour surprised me, I haven’t seen a tea turn quite this pale rose.

Flavors: Coconut, Pineapple

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Yaaaaaaas coco colada! I love coconut and I love this tea. Sometimes coconut has an artificial taste, but this one tastes true and refreshing. Perfect for 90+ degree Chicago days.

So, just because I’ve been SUPER busy and tired lately doesn’t mean I haven’t been listening to music lately and enjoying tea along side it. Maybe a little less frequently though?

I was drinking Coco Colada the other night on shift while we were closing up the store for the night because I was just sort of tired from trying new things throughout the day and just wanted something I was familiar with, and man did I have a craving for pineapple so this is what I went with…

It still bums me out that this has hibiscus in it because that means you can’t latte it, and the flavour is actually both bright and sweet from the pineapple and really creamy for the coconut so it’s one of those teas that FEELS like it should make a killer latter. But alas it’d curdle and get gross. But yeah; sweet, juicy and tropical with some killer Pina Colada vibes. It’s a good tea; and one I wouldn’t mind stocking up on for at home if I were to finish off a tin and create space for it in my cupboard. No complaints other than the latte thing…

Here’s what I was listening to while drinking it/closing the store:

I had to ask my coworker for the name of the song as she was picking the music. We seem to have similar tastes though, which is really nice because it means she’s introduced me to a few really cool songs now. It was a little odd not putting together my own tea/song pairing though, although this worked nicely because the combo of the upbeat yet chill beat and the tropical, relaxing profile of the tea worked well. You have to focus on the beat/music and not the lyrics though – the lyrics don’t match, imo.

Also, who doesn’t love a song with a kazoo part? No one, that’s who.

Friendly reminder that I’m not currently numerically rating DAVIDsTEA blends as I’m currently seasonally employed there and it would be an obvious conflict of interest. Any blends you see with numerical ratings were rated prior to my employment there. These reviews are a reflection of my personal thoughts regarding the teas, and not the company’s.

Memily

Oh man what a great tune. Thanks for sharing! Totally following them on Spotify now.

Roswell Strange

That’s awesome! Glad you liked it :)

Coco Colada makes for a great iced tea in the summertime. It has a breezy coconut flavor when brewed both hot and cold – almost reminiscent of coconut water, but a better version of it.
I also made iced tea popsicles with Coco Colada with some cut up strawberries and they were super refreshing. The pretty pink colour is also a bonus – I love watching the colour change as it steeps!

Flavors: Coconut

Dry leaf: Slightly toasted coconut aroma dominates with a pineapple accent.

Liqueur: Cloudy pink color. Scent of fruity pineapple and coconut.

Flavour: Light and fruity notes with a coating feeling from the coconut. Sweet pineapple aftertaste.

Flavors: Coconut, Pineapple

This was a good cold brew but it was a little too artificially sweet. But, I really enjoy coconut, so this is definitely something that I would drink.

I love coconut foods, so was interested to try this sample packet.
Brewed hot and chilled overnight. Color is pale cloudy clear with perhaps the slightest pinkish hue but there was only about one piece of hibiscus in the packet. Somewhat of a film on top after chilling.
Taste is like flavored coconut water but sweeter – coconut and applely pineapple.
Nice and refreshing, and happy to have had a glass of this.

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 354 ML
VariaTEA

This had a lovely color as a tea pop.

caile

I’m going to get some perrier and try making a teapop – sounds so good for summer.