Coco Colada

Herbal Tea
Apple, Coconut, Hibiscus, Mango, Natural Coconut Flavor, Natural Pineapple Flavor, Pineapple
Artificial, Coconut, Creamy, Pineapple, Toasted, Fruity, Hibiscus, Tart, Tropical, Mango
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

From DAVIDsTEA

We’re going crazy for coconuts over here. Why? Because they’re fun, delicious and make an amazing base for a piña colada. And this happy-go-lucky blend of pineapple, mango and coconut is the perfect way to get a taste. Sweet, fruity and delightfully creamy – it’s the kind of drink that makes us want to sip back and relax by the poolside all day long. The best part? It steeps a pretty light pink, thanks to a touch of hibiscus. It’s totally loco coco.

Ingredients: Pineapple, Roasted Coconut, Mango, Apple, Hibiscus, Natural Coconut and Pineapple Flavouring. Contains Coconut.

Price per 50g: $7.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I really wanted to love this one, but tried a couple of times and just couldn’t have more than a few sips, hot or iced. I think it might be good as a cocktail base, but I found the flavors much to artificial and the aftertaste awful. It was just too creamy and oily for me.

Flavors: Artificial, Coconut, Creamy, Pineapple, Toasted

Iced, this has all the coconutty goodness that I was looking for. It screams “summer fun” and does indeed remind me of a creamy pina colada. The coconut is the shining star (as it should be) with the tropical fruit undertone dancing in the background. You can taste the tartness from the hibiscus but just a smidge, for once it doesn’t overpower the other flavours and also creates a pretty pink colour. Being a big fan of coconut and teas that are sweet enough without having to add anything to sweeten it up, I really enjoyed this one. I like that it gives me another non-caffeinated option for the evening time as well. Makes for a satisfying sip on a hot summer’s day!

Flavors: Coconut, Creamy, Fruity, Hibiscus, Tart, Tropical

Didn’t mind this one. Lots of coconut flavor with some sweetness from the mango/pineapple. A decent work tea, especially when you’re trying to get more herbals in.

A slightly weird after taste, but a nice tea nonetheless. :) Tastes very much like a pina colada… I can imagine it being great with a splash of rum!

Flavors: Artificial, Coconut, Pineapple

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

A somewhat perfume-y coconut and pineapple tea. The hibiscus makes the tea brew up a lovely shade of light pink, which was a smart addition on DAVIDsTEA’s part, because otherwise the tea would’ve been an rather unappealing light yellow/cream colour. However, I find the hibiscus competes with the other flavours of the blend. I found the blend to be too sweet and not as creamy as I would’ve preferred from a piña colada-flavoured tea. Overall, it was underwhelming. While there was nothing terribly wrong with the tea, I couldn’t find anything I liked about it either.

Flavors: Coconut, Hibiscus, Pineapple

Iced 7 min, 0 sec

This tea is everything! It’s really smooth and has a good balance of flavours

185 °F / 85 °C 7 min, 0 sec 5 g 16 OZ / 473 ML

Another iced tea! Made with 2 PS in a 1 liter mason jar, cooled to room temperature, then refrigerated overnight with the teabag. The flavour was very true to its name and I enjoyed it a lot. The colour was pretty as well. I used a teabag (for easy clean up) but there were still solid oil floaties in the tea that I think most people would want to strain out. There wasn’t a ton of oil and it didn’t bother me or detract from the taste, but that might be an issue for others.

I just tasted coconut, and only coconut water at that. I LOVE coconut, but I’m not the biggest fan of coconut water. It’s not a bad tea, just a PASS for me.

Sipdown of this one!

I do like this one. It’s a nice coconut/pineapple flavour. I get more coconut than anything. But it is yummy. It’s lovely how it steeps up nice and pink. A nice, sweet treat this afternoon while both babes sleep.

Wow another DAVIDs tea with hibiscus that I don’t immediately hate haha. Maybe my tastes are changing. I had this as iced tea with my family while I was home for the holidays. I think I prefer it chilled actually. That said, it is enjoyable heated too. The hibiscus gives it a pretty pink colour and my colleague remarked that it reminds her of the beach and Hawaii. There’s a nice creaminess from the coconut and the mango and pineapple give it a pleasant tropical flavour.

Flavors: Coconut, Creamy, Mango, Pineapple, Tropical

205 °F / 96 °C 7 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML
Roswell Strange

To be fair, there’s very little hibiscus actually in the blend – it’s mostly there to add that beautiful colour. If you’re a fan of lattes, the hibiscus in this is really easy to pick out because it’s used so sparingly, and the rest of the tea makes for a REALLY solid latte.

CelticBrew

Thanks for the suggestion! And that’s a good point about the amount of hibsicus. Won’t be running off for a heavy hibiscus tea quite yet.