Maple Matcha

Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos
Iced

From DAVIDsTEA

Upgrade your winter sipping with this deliciously cozy, all-natural blend of stone-ground matcha, cane sugar and a drizzle of natural maple flavouring. It’s already sweetened, so all you need to do is decide what you want to make. You can top it with hot frothed milk for a latte, mix it into your cakes or cookies, and sprinkle it over your oatmeal for a seriously comforting treat. Looks like you’ve got some tasty experimenting to do…

Ingredients: Cane sugar, green tea, natural maple flavouring.

Price: $8.98 per 50g

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I evidently had a free drink to redeem before the deadline, so having to think on my feet during my break, which was drawing to a close, I grabbed this. Because matcha and maple, that’s why. I had it with a splash of soy and it was only ok. It was a little sweet from the added sweetener already in the matcha mix but I couldn’t detect any actual maple flavour. Maybe the soy killed it?

Hmmm…I love this one in my morning smoothie. Sweet and maple-y.

Very yummy matcha. It is super sweet, so I actually mix it with a straight matcha most of the time. I can pick up on the maple flavors just a bit, mostly I feel like it smoothes out the flavor of the matcha while sweetening it. I feel like it amps up the creaminess notes of the matcha, which is always a good thing in my book. I hope DT decides to keep this one around…

I grabbed this as my bday tea on Thursday. No sugar added, it already has that in the blend.
The maple notes are strong and remmicent of true maple, but I feel like it was overpowered by the marine/fishy aspect. I’m glad I don’t have it in my cupboard. Meh.

So, Im really not sure about this one. I had it hot today with a splash of milk, but honestly I don’t really get any maple flavour from this one. I only get that it’s slightly grassy and sweet from the sugar cane. I used 2 matcha spoons in my 10oz (or is it 12oz) cup so I didn’t expect it to be weak, but it definitely was missing something. I might end up trying it again with another scoop added

Michelle

I always use a regular PS for matcha. Only cause it’s flavoured. And I really love this one.

Mmm, I got an iced cup of this yesterday to go, with a little milk added, and it was really yummy! I had to laugh when I asked my tea guide how it was and she told me ’It’s sweet. You’d probably love it’ (She knows I like my tea sweet, hahaha) Anyway, I really like it, and I plan to get more. It has a nice creamy and mapley flavour! I’m happy.

Flavors: Creamy, Maple

Iced

Welp, I tried the Kale matcha as a shot so I figured I’d just complete the trio and try all three ‘new’ Matcha flavours as the preparation style I thought they’d all be best served as. For this one, that meant making it as a latte.

We’ve been trying to learn how to make latte art/leaf designs in store so I also took advantage of making this as a latte for myself to practice; I failed pretty hard though. If anyone has any tips, I’m all ears!

As far as the flavour goes, I was actually worried this would be too rich/sweet for me but I actually found I liked it a lot better as a latte than I did when I had it straight. That’s one of the nice things about milk/lattes – it’s great at tempering flavour so for the teas we sell with a lot of pre added sweeteners I find it mellows out those notes which I’d otherwise find kind of cloying. That’s not to say it _wasn’t sweet though – just more appropriately so. Otherwise, tasted like creamy maple!

I think I was pretty spot on when I said this one would work really well as a latte.