Peach Mai Tai

Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea, Blackberry Leaves, Ginger Pieces, Marigold Flowers, Natural Flavours, Peach, Pineapple
Candy, Ginger, Herbs, Peach, Sweet, Dirt, Herbaceous
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Medium
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

• “This is rather odd, but I like it. The scent and the taste do not agree with each other – the scent is very savory and smells like something I’d use to make a glaze for pork loin, lol. But the...” Read full tasting note
  • “I don’t like the smell of this tea. It smells too savory, so I expected to dislike it. Surprisingly, the peach flavor is so sweet, strong, and tasty. It tastes like peach rings and maybe a little...” Read full tasting note
  • “Home – 4:00 PM Oh my goodness, David’s just released their holiday collection and the teaware is beyond amazing! I love all the bear and deer designs. https://www.davidstea.com/us_en/new/ This...” Read full tasting note
  • “Finally tried a sample I received in my last order, and I’m not really a fan. Usually peach is my jam, but it tastes too artificial. The ginger is only noticeable enough to serve as a jarring...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Be a peach and pour another glass of this juicy and energizing black tea. With its mouthwatering tiki punch of peach, ginger and marigold blossom, you know you won’t want to share yours. Try it straight up for a bold and crisp iced tea. Or class it up by adding a splash of prosecco and fresh peach slices. Don’t forget the cute little cocktail umbrella!

Pineapple (pineapple, sugar), black tea, apple, candied ginger (cane sugar, ginger, sulfur dioxide), peach (peach, rice flour), marigold flowers, blackberry leaves, natural and artificial flavouring.

Price per 50g: $9.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is rather odd, but I like it. The scent and the taste do not agree with each other – the scent is very savory and smells like something I’d use to make a glaze for pork loin, lol. But the flavor is all sweet candy peach with a hint of ginger and the smallest hint of whatever that savory thing is. It is unique, and rather likeable. The blackberry leaf is not overwhelming to me in this, as it’s a tea you want to drink sweet. I accidentally ordered 4 oz when meaning to order just 2 oz, and I’m not upset about that. I always overleaf Davids stuff, and I did on this as well, but at least there was a good flavor payoff.

Flavors: Candy, Ginger, Herbs, Peach

I don’t like the smell of this tea. It smells too savory, so I expected to dislike it. Surprisingly, the peach flavor is so sweet, strong, and tasty. It tastes like peach rings and maybe a little hint of coconut? Anyway, I like this! Not much black tea in it though, so don’t expect to notice much flavor from that.

TreeGal

I agree with your review 100%! It smells like something I’d use to make a sauce for pork loin or something, but it doesn’t taste like it. No black tea taste to me whatsoever.

AJRimmer

It’s funny to look back at a previous review and see how much my opinion has changed in so short a time! I actually ended up giving almost all of it away because the savory aspect turned out to be a bit too overwhelming to me, especially since I have peach teas I prefer in my stash. Maybe I should wait to review teas until I’ve had them several times :P

Home – 4:00 PM

This tea reminds me of Peachie-Os. It’s very candy peach, and the ratio of fruit chunks to tea is so high that I don’t taste much black tea. It’s also too sweet, I guess from the blackberry leaves.

It’s not bad, but it’s not for me. I bet it would be tasty as an iced tea though.

Flavors: Candy, Peach, Sweet

Finally tried a sample I received in my last order, and I’m not really a fan. Usually peach is my jam, but it tastes too artificial. The ginger is only noticeable enough to serve as a jarring ingredient. Also: mine tastes very weirdly herbal, and I’m pretty sure it’s the marigold petals. Are they even necessary really? And I’m super confused how this can be a black tea marked “low caffeine”. Basically not my favorite.

Flavors: Dirt, Ginger, Herbaceous, Peach

TreeGal

I think it’s low caffeine because there’s only something like one tea leaf in the whole bag, lol.

I got this as a sample with my online order. Since Rose all day is online-only (Boooo! Hisss!) I had to make an online order. I needed a new gravity steeper since “the incident” when I accidentally put my Teavana one on a hot stove element and it melted. Anyway, I made this iced.

This tastes almost identical to Just Peachy, however this blend is a bit cloudy and has caffeine. I can’t say the black tea adds very much, they should have gone with a white or green. Since this tastes the same as Just Peachy, I don’t know why they added it to their line up. They could have Mulberry Magic or something with lychee and jasmine. But anyway, I can now say I’ve had it, and know I don’t need to buy a larger amount from in-store.

The peach flavour is powerful (which is good), but the ginger does not come out at all. Also, the sickly sweet blackberry leaf is cloying.

Flavors: Peach, Sweet

Iced 8 min or more

The dry leaf smells nicely of peach and some nutty scent as well. However, I do not like this tea either. I am not liking the new collection at all so far (which is good-my wallet will finally breathe a sigh of relief). I find the peach light in flavor and the ginger overpowering in this blend. Tried it iced.

Haven’t had this tea in a little while, which is crazy because I love it and also have a ton of it stocked up – no reason I shouldn’t be enjoying it! So, I made myself a large mug of it to enjoy with my supper last night.

With no exaggeration, I think what I cooked last night was the nicest meal I’ve made for myself in years. So what was it!? Squid ink pasta, tossed in garlic infused olive oil with crispy fried garlic, blistered garlic tomatoes, lightly browned sea asparagus, and a mango/ginger infused cheddar crumble – also black pepper. It was so good. Also really pretty, honestly. The little pops of saltiness from a bite with sea asparagus were amazing; and it was just so savory and delicious (not overly oily, either). Pasta was perfectly al dente, and the blistered tomatoes came out great. The cheddar has a hint of spice, to tie in with the garlic, but the little bit of mango provided a brightness and sweetness that the rest of the dish was missing – and also acted as my tie in for the tea I was drinking – sweet peach black tea with a hint of ginger.

It just all worked perfectly! I was so happy, and it was such a bloody good meal.

Kittenna

That sounds fancy and scrumptious! Did you infuse the cheddar somehow, or did you purchase it like that?

Roswell Strange

I purchased it that way :P I wish I was talented enough know how to infuse my own cheese :P

Shanie O Maniac

Wow… That sounds positively sinful as far as meals go. I wish I was half that good at cooking. Sadly, I’m still maybe one step above microwave chef at this point. Honestly, I’d never even heard of Squid Ink Pasta before.

Leafhopper

That meal sounds great! I’ve never knowingly had sea asparagus and am imagining a weird combination of regular asparagus and seaweed. :)