Cherry Blossom Matcha

Cherry, Cherry Blossom, Floral, Fruity, Sweet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Arby
Iced 0 min, 15 sec 4 oz / 125 ml

• “I did 1 tsp matcha powder in ~1/2 cup of vanilla soy milk (cold) and it made a lovely drink. It was fairly sweet and had a very fruity cherry flavour. It wasn’t the cough syrup artificial cherry...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown! 151/365! I was expecting this to be more floral than it was, but instead, it had a nice cherry flavour to accompany the florals of the blossoms. Liked it more than I thought I would, but I...” Read full tasting note
  • “I had this one iced, earlier in the week for National Iced Tea day! The dry matcha smelled amazing, and I realized that I never really take stock of the dry aroma for matcha in particular because...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Product description not available yet.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I did 1 tsp matcha powder in ~1/2 cup of vanilla soy milk (cold) and it made a lovely drink. It was fairly sweet and had a very fruity cherry flavour. It wasn’t the cough syrup artificial cherry flavour, though, it was very pleasant. I was worried cherry blossom would mean artificial cherry + rose but I think they did capture a fruity floral combo similar to cherry blossoms.

Flavors: Cherry, Cherry Blossom, Floral, Fruity, Sweet

Iced 0 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 4 OZ / 125 ML
Mastress Alita

Somehow I always thought matcha needed to “steep” in warm water/milk. I’m going to have to try mixing some of my flavored matchas directly into cold milks in my frother now…

Sipdown! 151/365!

I was expecting this to be more floral than it was, but instead, it had a nice cherry flavour to accompany the florals of the blossoms. Liked it more than I thought I would, but I do prefer other flavours in DT’s lineup.

I had this one iced, earlier in the week for National Iced Tea day!

The dry matcha smelled amazing, and I realized that I never really take stock of the dry aroma for matcha in particular because I’m always so hesitant about accidentally sniffing up any powder – but maybe I should be paying more attention. This was like an amazing buttery, sweet maraschino shortbread that I used to buy at the Farmer’s Market in Regina…

Taste wise, it was definitely more sweet cherry blossom than maraschino shortbread which totally makes sense because that’s what this is supposed to taste like. It was refreshing on a very hot day, and really interesting in the balance it struck between fruity and floral. I enjoyed it a lot, but I kept going back to the incredible feeling of nostalgia that the dry aroma had given me.