Cherry Blossom Matcha

Matcha Green Tea, Sugar
Edit tea info Last updated by J_0mega

1 Tasting Note View all

From DAVIDsTEA

Product description not available yet.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

1 Tasting Note

Another new collection from DT – this one called the “Fruity & Floral” collection!

I like the concept of this one a lot; florals can sometimes be really intimidating to some people (myself included) so the idea of teas that merge fruity elements with florals is fascinating to me: hopefully everyone is able to find at least one tea in the collection that speaks to them. Additionally, I also like the idea of having a matcha in a ‘non-matcha’ collection – I think the matcha focused collections are quite cool, personally, but there are a lot of people who seems disappointed when the only teas in a collection are matcha; possibly as many as are excited about just matcha collections. So, if the plan is to mix matcha and loose tea in the same collections going forward then that could be a good compromise?

ANYWAY – Cherry Blossom Matcha! Personally, I like this one. It feels very fresh, light, and perfectly timed for the change in season – very ‘true to Spring’. I do prefer the Rose Matcha, personally – but I like rose flavoured things A LOT so I have some bias there. This is less floral than Rose Matcha though, so if you were in that group that found the Rose Matcha a bit much then this could be a nice step down from that without completely losing the floral elements. Does it taste like cherry? Yeah – but not a sweet cherry candy/popsicle or fresh, overripe cherry like I’ve seen some people hoping it would be. It’s a light, delicate and floral cherry – sort of like the Cherry Blossom white tea we carry, but without the coconut, a touch more florals, and some softer grassier matcha notes as well. Afterall, ‘Cherry Blossoms’ are delicate/soft things too! So far I’ve liked this best hot and with a touch of milk – I’m sure it would be good as a full out latte, too.