Thé Joséphine

Ceylon Black Tea, Jasmine, Lemon Peel, Mandarin, Natural Grapefruit Flavor, Natural Lemon Flavor, Orange Peel
Astringent, Bitter, Blood orange, Citrus, Floral, Grapefruit, Orange, Jasmine, Malt, Smooth, Sweet
Loose Leaf, Sachet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “I have a pot of this tea, a piece of icebox coconut cake, a good book to read, and candles glowing on the mantel. Life is fine. Other than the fact that my nose is threatening to stuff up in a big...” Read full tasting note
  • “Home – 9:00 PM So I got this one from the Paris airport. There’s a Ladurée boutique there, and of course I had to stop in and try some macarons! I didn’t even realize they carried tea. The...” Read full tasting note
  • “My birthday gift to myself – Josephine! I contemplated between this and the chai – I’m SO thrilled I picked this. Was a touch concerned about the jasmine, and I needn’t be. Grapefruit, orange are...” Read full tasting note

From Ladurée

A Chinese black tea wrapped in tangerine, grapefruit, orange and lemon, delicately enhanced by a ring of jasmine flowers. A fine and elegant blending.
Ceylon black tea (90%), lemon and orange peels, aromas: mandarine, grapefruit, lemon, jasmine.
Preparation advice:
Water temperature : 95°C.
Infusion time : 3 to 4 minutes.
Allergens : May contain nuts.

Keep in a dry room at a temperature < 20°C.

About Ladurée View company

I have a pot of this tea, a piece of icebox coconut cake, a good book to read, and candles glowing on the mantel. Life is fine. Other than the fact that my nose is threatening to stuff up in a big way.

This is from Cameron B., who generously sent a bunch of samples and then sent a bunch more! Having read the other two reviews and being dreadfully afriad of astringent tea, I went with 185F and three minutes. I am glad I did.

The description is baffling. It says it is Chinese tea, even when you look at the French website. (Even I with my dreadful college French can figure out that much.) But then the ingredient list says it is 90% Ceylon tea. Tasting it, I would say it is Ceylon, which is not in China last time I looked at a map.

I am enjoying it, but I would not purchase this. It tastes a bit soapy. There is an oooo aaaah moment with some of the flavors and then the lemon goes HA and squirts you in the eye. Well, it just is puckery lemon. And that really distracts from the nice orange and jasmine I was enjoying.

Honestly, if you told me I was drinking Twinings Lady Grey I would totally believe you. I think this is my first Laduree and I was expecting something more along the lines of Dammann Freres.

Thank you, Cameron B, for the chance to try it!

Superanna

I thought I bought you a bunch of Laduree last time I was at Covent Garden

ashmanra

I know you bought Whittard’s of Chelsea. I don’t recall Ladurée.

ashmanra

Superanna – you are right! You brought Eugenie!

Home – 9:00 PM

So I got this one from the Paris airport. There’s a Ladurée boutique there, and of course I had to stop in and try some macarons! I didn’t even realize they carried tea. The macarons were fabulous, of course.

This is a very tasty citrus tea. I almost wish it had bergamot as well, it would make a very tasty citrus Earl Grey. But I can definitely taste the mandarin, orange, and grapefruit flavors. I’m not sure about lemon, but it may be overshadowed by the other, more distinct citrus notes. The floral is very mild and adds a nice accent.

I think next time I may steep this at a slightly lower temperature, as it did come out a tad bit bitter and astringent with my normal parameters.

Flavors: Astringent, Bitter, Blood orange, Citrus, Floral, Grapefruit, Orange

My birthday gift to myself – Josephine!

I contemplated between this and the chai – I’m SO thrilled I picked this. Was a touch concerned about the jasmine, and I needn’t be. Grapefruit, orange are both very present and juicy, strong malty black base, sweet finish with a hint of jasmine – but only lending some smoothness, nothing more.

Expensive, and soooo worth it.

Plus, it reminded me of the time – I can’t make this up – where an American in Paris and I bought every single Laduree macaron, brought them to a nearby park (it’s famous but I can’t for the life of me remember the name), and sat next to it, eating half each of every single one.

Flavors: Grapefruit, Jasmine, Malt, Orange, Smooth, Sweet

Evol Ving Ness

Happy birthday to you, MissB!

Fjellrev

Our wonderful MissB, happy happy birthday! It’s great to see you around.

The macaron story is precious.

Cameron B.

Yum, I brought some Ladurée macarons home from Paris and they were amazing…