Rhubarb & Strawberry

Black Fruit Blend
Astringent, Candy, Floral, Malt, Rhubarb, Rose, Strawberry, Sweet, Tart
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “Tea of the morning here. This is one of the more enjoyable strawberry teas I’ve tried but the rhubarb definitely gives it something of a sour note. The combination is good here. I guess my vacation...” Read full tasting note
  • “Very delicious AND it came in a bag, so it’s hard to complain about this. It came in the post from my aunt and uncle so that just goes to prove what wonderful people they are!” Read full tasting note
  • “From my Lucky Bag. This tea smells amazing. Dry or brewed, it’s a really beautiful sweet strawberry scent. I’ve never actually tried rhubarb in real life, however I think it’s that and the rose...” Read full tasting note
  • “Tea Swap Sample Sipdown of the Day! (22) So I just got an insane fantastic swap package from Kawaii433! ❤ Just in case you don’t believe me, here’s a photo:...” Read full tasting note

From Lupicia

Black tea featuring the sweet and tart flavors of rhubarb and strawberry blended with rose petals.

About Lupicia View company

I guess my vacation is officially over since I’m back to work today after being gone for over a week – boo hoo! I will need lots of tea to get through this day…

gmathis

That first day back is always a killer! Good luck finding the top of your desk and the bottom of your in basket.

TeaBrat

thanks. :)

From my Lucky Bag.

This tea smells amazing. Dry or brewed, it’s a really beautiful sweet strawberry scent. I’ve never actually tried rhubarb in real life, however I think it’s that and the rose petals that give this a bit of perfume and floral edge. It’s not a creamy-style strawberry tea, but the black tea base it still quality. I drank this hot most of the time, but sticking it in the fridge was also pretty tasty.

Tea Swap Sample Sipdown of the Day! (22)

So I just got an insane fantastic swap package from Kawaii433! ❤

Just in case you don’t believe me, here’s a photo: https://www.instagram.com/p/BstdvY5lbcF/

#themotherlode

It’s filled with lovely and delicious-sounding tea goodies. The only reason I even know where to begin is that I figured I’d try the three Lupicia teas she included, so that I know whether I need to order them or not. Believe it or not, there are some Lupicia teas I haven’t tried… ;)

Okay, this is straight up delicious. The strawberry here is somewhat candylike, which is something I’ve noticed in most of Lupicia’s strawberry teas (except for Tochiotome, which has a different strawberry flavoring). In fact, it reminds me of those little strawberry hard candies with the liquid center that are wrapped in a strawberry-printed cellophane. It has a nice tartness to it, and the rhubarb goes very well with it.

The strawberry is definitely the stronger of the two flavors, but I do taste the rhubarb as well. It’s a classic pairing of course, and a tasty one. The base tea doesn’t contribute much in the way of flavor aside from a slight maltiness and a hint of astringency. There is a light floral note here as well, perhaps along the lines of rose.

Yummy. I think I may need to order this one, damn it!

Flavors: Astringent, Candy, Floral, Malt, Rhubarb, Rose, Strawberry, Sweet, Tart

lolol <3

I like that one too! I bought another today >.<. #HoardCity

Cameron B.

I really should just wait and order it from the Honolulu store later, ha ha! But that would require a little self-restraint…

#teahoardersclub

Kawaii433

lol I know and it may even be a gamble… So many different versions of what they are going to do but I think your latest post on it is how it’s really going to down.

This is a milder fruit tea compared to Lupicia’s other fruit teas; if you’ve had Lupicia’s strawberry tea, this is similar in flavor profile with the powdered candy like flavor / aroma except a bit milder in flavor.

Its cold this morning, but I perversely felt like a more spring like flavor.
I’ve never had strawberry rhubarb pie, but I like both flavors, and so I was happy to find this tea. Its nice! Light, fresh, not too cloying, and generally pleasant. I brewed and enjoyed a nice small pot of it.

tea-sipper

Never. had. strawberry. rhubarb. pie…..

Fjellrev

I haven’t either but I imagine that it’s epic considering my grandma’s strawberry rhubarb jam was delicious.

Rosehips

Never! I grew up in a household that only believed in Pumpkin pie, so fruit pies are a mystery to me.

There used to be wild rhubarb growing by the fence in the backyard of the house I 1st lived in after living in the U.P. Everynow and then I’d grab a stalk and gnaw on it, though I could eat a little bit before the tartness got to me. My favorite pie as a kid? Strawberry & rhubarb pie of course:) This tea is kind of bringing those memories back.

I like this tea alot better then the strawberry and vanilla from Lupicia’s happy bag.

Not sure if I’d want to get more though.

I really like this one and I’m sad to see it go, but it’s getting old and the sipdown needed to be done. Oh well – I have other great teas in my cupboard, but this one will be missed.

Sipdown!

Sil sent me a sample of this many months ago to try, and I figured it would be a good springtime tea. I managed to get 2 servings out of the sample she gave me. I’m not sure whether I botched the steeping, but this tea didn’t really excite me. It had a highly metallic note to it that I assume was the rhubarb. Not quite astringent, but tart enough to make me second guess things.

I wonder if some sugar would have tamed this. However, I’m not that motivated to find out.

Thanks for the chance to try this Sil!

Sipdown! Honestly, I only brewed this up because there was just a cup left. Not keen on the flavour combo right now, though it’s not a bad example of it. Not a tea I need again, though.

Cavocorax

Yeah, I do that sometimes – drink it just to get rid of it, even when you’re not really in the mood for it. But… that’s one less tea!