Ginger Tea

Black Herbal Blend
Ginger
Edit tea info Last updated by woogawoman
Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 500 oz / 14786 ml

• “OMG – a moment of Steepster not being bogged down. Quick – to post my tasting note! Well the other review that is listed here was quite dismal but I thought this stuff was terrific. Honestly, I...” Read full tasting note
  • “My second tea from The Book of Tea. I was looking forward to a really spicy and sugary cup – just like Chinese ginger tea (a tisane consisting of brown sugar and ginger chunks only) – but of course...” Read full tasting note
  • “Another Lupicia impulse purchase. The tea in the packet has the most wonderful gingery smell! The tea steeps cloudy and its red-russet color makes me wonder if the base is the same used in the...” Read full tasting note
  • “i was so excited for this one from variaTEA but sadly, NOT ENOUGH GINGER! this is a nice cup, but i keep hoping for more ginger from it. I might pick this one up again in future but i’d likely...” Read full tasting note

From Lupicia

Ginger is blended into mild black tea. Its soothing taste goes well with milk.

About Lupicia View company

Well the other review that is listed here was quite dismal but I thought this stuff was terrific. Honestly, I have no idea if there is anything in it aside from black tea and ginger root which I probably could have made myself.

Anyway, it works for me. I love ginger and the black tea base is rich and dessert-like. I checked out the wet leaves and it looks like a CTC assam or something similar. I had a ton of ginger bits in my loose leaf bag and the other taster did not so perhaps tea bags are just not the way to go with this one. Spicy, zingy and flavorful. I had some after lunch and it is squelching my post-salad sweet tooth. I will definitely want to keep this one around. Sometimes simplicity is the essence of perfection, isn’t it?

Missy

Haha that’s what I’m doing too!

TeaBrat

must write quickly… lol!

Fjellrev

I’ve been writing my reviews in a word processor and would then attack Steepster when I have the chance!

TeaBrat

@Incendiare – I have seriously been considering that too!

Kittenna

@Incendiare – Likewise. If tomorrow during the day is bad again, I’m just going to avoid Steepster until the late evening. It seems quick enough now.

Indigobloom

ahhh I missed that window! but it seems to be ok now. To bad I haven’t had my morning tea yet!

ScottTeaMan

MMMMMM…….Ginger. :))

I usually do tranfer my reviews from a WP, or “right click” COPY my reviews on Steepster now, before I submit a review. That way if they don’t post, I can just PASTE the review and resubmit it. :))

CHAroma

Seriously, what is up with Steepster?? I’m dying for my tea friends!

My second tea from The Book of Tea. I was looking forward to a really spicy and sugary cup – just like Chinese ginger tea (a tisane consisting of brown sugar and ginger chunks only) – but of course it was nothing like that, for this was a spiced black tea after all. But still the ginger flavour was disappointingly mild after readjusting my expectations, perhaps because there were only 2 tiny ginger pieces in my tea bag! A tea that would be easily forgotten as there was nothing really remarkable about it.

Winter Salo

You poor thing – I don’t know why but for me when a ginger tea doesn’t work it fails big time. This one sounds very disappointing.

1925 tasting notes

Another Lupicia impulse purchase.

The tea in the packet has the most wonderful gingery smell!

The tea steeps cloudy and its red-russet color makes me wonder if the base is the same used in the Cassis and Blueberry. I don’t get the same maltiness or cocoa note, though.

The ginger aroma after steeping is far milder than it was in the packet, and the flavor is also quite mild. While the base doesn’t completely overpower the ginger, it’s not 50-50 even. More like 70-30 base flavor to ginger.

I would love more ginger, as others have said. But I also wonder how much is the randomness of how many ginger chips are in a given spoon. It also may be that it’s not possible to get a more gingery flavor without too much spice or bitterness in the absence of some other flavoring agents.

I noticed that there’s a bit of a zing on the tongue from just the amount of ginger in the cup I had this morning, which is what made me think more might end up being a blending problem. I also noticed that the ginger flavor becomes stronger as the tea cools.

In any case, I like it better than the Orange Chocolat of yesterday and not quite as much as the Cassis and Blueberry of this morning. But I still quite like it.

Flavors: Ginger

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 500 OZ / 14786 ML

i was so excited for this one from variaTEA but sadly, NOT ENOUGH GINGER! this is a nice cup, but i keep hoping for more ginger from it. I might pick this one up again in future but i’d likely be more inclined to choose a lupicia ginger blend instead.