Long-tailed Rooster

Black Tea, Blue Mallow Flowers, Flavor, Marigold
Candy, Floral, Grapes, Muscatel, Smooth, Sweet
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “Work – 11:00 AM I’m so excited that November starts this week, as I’m going to break into a couple of my tea advent calendars! I’ve ordered five calendars total (Bird & Blend Tea, Bird &...” Read full tasting note
  • “I should have drunk this yesterday, on actual Lunar New Year! Whoops. I forgot. I will have to drink it today instead. I am a sucker for the Lupicia holiday/decorated tins. They are just so...” Read full tasting note

From Lupicia

Inspired by auspicious long-tailed roosters, black tea was scented with a flavor of red grapes giving a long lasting aftertaste.

About Lupicia View company

Work – 11:00 AM

I’m so excited that November starts this week, as I’m going to break into a couple of my tea advent calendars! I’ve ordered five calendars total (Bird & Blend Tea, Bird & Blend Matcha, Palais des Thés, Simpson & Vail, and Tea Revv). So since five is too many to do at once, I’m going to do two of them in November. But which two… Yes, I’m aware that I have a tea advent calendar problem. :P

But fear not, fellow Steepsters! I don’t want to spoil the fun for anyone else, so I’ll be logging my notes in a text file and then posting them on the appropriate day in December.

Anyway, back to the present. This is another grape-flavored tea from Lupicia, and I find it to be very similar to Jingle Bells (also a black tea) so I question why they created this as a limited Year of the Rooster flavor. Oh well!

It is tasty, an interesting combination of sweet candy grape flavor and floral muscat grapes. I confess that I steeped this longer than I’d planned, as I managed to forget about it. But it didn’t come out even the slightest bit bitter, so bully for it! The base tea is very smooth and quite malty.

These grape teas from Lupicia will never be my favorites, only because they veer a little too far into the floral perfumey side of things, and I am not a great lover of floral flavors…

But still a good tea!

Flavors: Candy, Floral, Grapes, Muscatel, Smooth, Sweet

Aimerella

Haha, a tea advent calendar problem sounds like a pretty awesome problem to have! :)

Cameron B.

So many calendars, so little time. ;)

I am a sucker for the Lupicia holiday/decorated tins. They are just so beautiful, so prettily decorated. I have so many now, and have not managed to think of anything to do with them, once I’m finished with the tea. Hmm, I’ll think of something.
This is a black blend with grape flavoring. I am usually a fan of Lupicia’s fruit flavors, but this blend is a touch bitter today. It may be my steeping thats caused this, so I’m not ready to despair over this yet. I’ll give it more trys.
Happy Lunar New Year!

gmathis

Haven’t had grape tea in a long time. Sounds like it has potential.

Rosehips

I think so too. I’ll pay more attention to the steep next time.

Fjellrev

I’ve had problems in the past with Lupicia’s black blends. They seem to go bitter extremely easily. But great idea enjoying this around this time of the year!

Dustin

The tins are such a useless shape for anything other than tea! I don’t want to put a different tea in them and haven’t found a good use around the house for them either.

Evol Ving Ness