London Afternoon

Edit tea info Last updated by AJ
Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

40 Images

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I haven’t really been active on Steepster… At all… In years, and I’d like to change that. Both to breathe new life into the site (with the current dwindling numbers), and because now I have a...” Read full tasting note

From Murchie's Tea & Coffee

Sweet, creamy vanilla and fragrant rose petals are interwoven with bright bergamot and smoky Lapsang Souchong to create a comforting blend perfect for the fireside.

Wander the streets of London with this evocative blend. Through the fog, catch glimpses of grey buildings with traces of decades-old coal smoke, bustling markets with fresh-baked treats, sing-song flower sellers, and galleries of oil paintings.This sweet-smoky-floral blend is sure to intrigue your palate.

Strong enough for the addition of milk – an interesting, less-sweet twist on a London Fog tea latte or Earl Grey Cream.

About Murchie's Tea & Coffee View company

Since 1894, Murchie’s has been importing and blending the finest quality teas from select gardens around the world. As the decades have passed, the art of tea blending and tradition of excellence are handed down along with the old recipes. Today, Murchie’s offers traditional products and classic blends while also developing new combinations for a new generation of tea drinkers. We are proud to provide blends for events and occasions, from local landmarks to national observations and royal milestones.

1 Tasting Note

I haven’t really been active on Steepster… At all… In years, and I’d like to change that. Both to breathe new life into the site (with the current dwindling numbers), and because now I have a purpose. Mostly just to train myself to get better at describing teas and picking things out (I mean, that’s why most people are on steepster but I degress).

Full disclosure, I recently ended up working for Murchie’s as a tea-taster in their warehouse. So I won’t be rating any Murchie’s teas from here on out (not that I rate many teas on here anyway). I know, a weird sudden career-path switch, considering I graduated with a full degree in geology just last year and am an accredited Junior P. Geo. Maybe one of my own blends will show up on Steepster one day.

The main notes in this are smoke from the lapsang and an underlying vanilla sweetness; it’s definitely there in the smell, and does also come through in the taste, dialing back the smoke a bit. The rose has always been a bit elusive for me in this blend; coming through in the smell of the dry tea the most. I don’t get it much in the taste here. I think it’s drowned out by the smoke and vanilla this time around, but I did also burn my tongue a little bit today.

Flavors: Smoke, Vanilla

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
derk

Congrats, may the switch from geology to tea prove fruitful and enjoyable for you!

AJ

Here’s hoping. So far the only major downside is coming home already ’Tea’d Out’, and unable to enjoy a nice gongfu session until the weekend.