Picard Black Tea Blend (Pecan Earl Grey)

Bergamot Oil, Black Tea, Blue Cornflowers, Orange Peels, Pecans
Bergamot, Orange, Pecan
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Peach
4 min, 45 sec 9 oz / 266 ml

• “Did I buy this tea mostly just for the name? Yes, I did. Also because I enjoyed Plum Deluxe’s creme brulee earl grey and figured this one would be good too. The bergamot is pretty strong and maybe...” Read full tasting note
  • “Thank you Plum Deluxe for mailing me the samples! I was so excited to try this tea as both a huge fan or Star Trek as well as earl grey tea. So excited that I first thought I should wait to try it...” Read full tasting note

From Plum Deluxe

Normally we reserve our fun, creative earl grey blends for June when we celebrate earl grey month. But the momentous occasion of Patrick Stewart returning to the screen as Captain Picard was too much of an event for us to miss – so join us in welcoming our staff’s favorite TV star back into action with a cup of tea we’ve blended just for him, pecan earl grey. It’s a twist on our ever-so-popular Porch Sipping Pecan – a reminder that a calm mind and steady hand will get you through any challenge ahead of you.

About Plum Deluxe View company

Did I buy this tea mostly just for the name? Yes, I did. Also because I enjoyed Plum Deluxe’s creme brulee earl grey and figured this one would be good too. The bergamot is pretty strong and maybe would have been too strong if I hadn’t made it into a latte. Hot, I didn’t really get the pecan flavor clearly, but you can tell that there’s something in there in addition to the bergamot. Cold…I feel like I can taste the pecan a little. So I like this blend! It has some interesting things going on in there and is definitely leaning more toward an earl grey creme than a regular EG.

Martin Bednář

Oh wow, pecan EG seems very interesting to me! Especially when I still feeling a last bit of my pecan pie in mouth :D

AJRimmer

Yeah, I love teas with a nutty profile, and I feel like I don’t see enough pecan teas out there!

Martin Bednář

Hmm… let’s check how many nutty teas I sent you :D

AJRimmer

I’m so tempted to peek, but I’m waiting!!

Thank you Plum Deluxe for mailing me the samples!

I was so excited to try this tea as both a huge fan or Star Trek as well as earl grey tea. So excited that I first thought I should wait to try it until Thursday when the new episode of Picard comes out but I just couldn’t wait.

I was surprised at how much visually I see the orange and how very little I see pecans. However after brewing I can really get that nice nutty taste. I think it is a stronger and bolder take on the classic earl grey blend. I still get the lovely bergamot that keeps the tea in that earl grey range. All excitement from this tea being named after one of the best Captains and now retired admiral in Starfleet aside, it really is a nice tea. Naturally sweet enough where I don’t feel I need to add honey or sugar, and it has a nice slight creaminess to it as well. I typically don’t drink my tea with milk, but I imagine the nutty flavors would come out well with an almond milk or just as a classic latte too. I re steeped it once and the flavors all held up well. My only critique is that the orange overpowers the bergamot a little so I am not getting as much as I would have liked.

As this is a limited edition tea I will most likely be looking to place an order for more, it is a unique blend to me and one I could see myself having as an everyday type of tea.

Flavors: Bergamot, Orange, Pecan

4 min, 45 sec 1 tsp 9 OZ / 266 ML
AJRimmer

Yeah I love all the flavors included in this one, and of course the name. I almost have to buy it!