Fruit Green Blend
Blueberry, Dried Fruit, Dry Grass, Hay, Honey, Jam, Oats, Smooth, Sweet, Grass
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

2 Images

• “Yay, more National Parks! This one is a green tea with blueberry, currant, cornflower, and oatstraw. I admit, I don’t think I’ve ever had oatstraw? Dry scent is deliciously blueberry with a bit...” Read full tasting note

From Simpson & Vail

Part of the National Park Tea Collection

If you happen to stumble downeast to the small town of Bar Harbor you will most likely be treated to a myriad of blueberry foods, the fruit most associated with the state. Crafting a blend for this park therefore naturally started with a blueberry base. We chose a green tea to highlight the blueberry flavor in honor of the lush greenery found in Acadia. Ultimately creating a golden cup that imparts a light, delicate infusion with a full blueberry flavor and a subtle citrus finish.

Ingredients: Green tea, currants, blueberry flavor, oatstraw and blue cornflower petals.

Brew tea at 180º – steep for 2 minutes.

About Simpson & Vail View company

Yay, more National Parks!

This one is a green tea with blueberry, currant, cornflower, and oatstraw. I admit, I don’t think I’ve ever had oatstraw? Dry scent is deliciously blueberry with a bit of a toasty grain aroma that makes me think of Corn Nuts. Is that the oatstraw? (shrugs)

Yum yum yum yum yum! Sorry, I’m really liking the blueberry here. It reminds me of those dried blueberries that I used to eat in Blueberry Morning cereal (do they still make that…?) or even blueberry jam. Very syrupy sweet, concentrated, and rich with none of the slight tartness of a fresh blueberry. The green base is extremely mellow, just subtly dry grassy and smooth. I’m not sure about the oatstraw? I can taste something that could be oat, but that could just be part of the green tea itself. Anyway, there’s a bit of hay-oat thing going on.

So really happy with this one! It makes me so happy when these teas are yummy, because the packaging is so pretty that it would be a shame if they were all duds…

Flavors: Blueberry, Dried Fruit, Dry Grass, Hay, Honey, Jam, Oats, Smooth, Sweet

gmathis

This sounds good! I’ve had barley tea a time or two…I bet your oat straw is similar…and Corn Nuts was a good comparison.

Cameron B.

Oddly, I didn’t really get that flavor in the taste? (shrug)

Cameron B.

Also, I love barley tea!

tea-sipper

oh goodie, a decent blueberry tea to try at some point.