New York Breakfast

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea, Cinnamon, Natural Flavours, Vanilla
Cinnamon, Chocolate, Honey, Maple Syrup, Vanilla, Baked Bread, Raisins, Artificial, Butter, Musty, Pancake Syrup, Sweet, Brown Toast, Cookie, Earth
Loose Leaf, Sachet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “Superb! Very sweet and pancakey, with a hit of cinnamon, and I can drink this one black without milk or honey/sugar, as it’s really mellow and smooth. This was the standout for me in the Advent...” Read full tasting note
  • “This came in the breakfast sampler I purchased on sale after Christmas. I love this type of sampler and have been really enjoying tasting through the set. This one is super nice. A bold, malty...” Read full tasting note
  • “Got it as a free sampler from T2 when I picked up some other tea. Pretty good spin on a black breakfast tea. I find plain black breakfast teas to be too bitter usually, but this one is quite nice...” Read full tasting note
  • “This one is still leftover from my swap with Cameron B. I must say that it definitely tastes like buttery pancakes! I was surprised at the degree to which it does. The aftertaste is bit bitter...” Read full tasting note

From T2

A full-bodied black tea boasting the taste of hot pancakes, inspired by a perfect New York moment. Warm up the morning or sweeten your afternoon and be whisked away to the city that never sleeps!

Enjoy with: Perfect on its own or with a dash of milk.

Store in a cool, dry place.

Black tea, cinnamon, natural and artificial flavor, vanilla.

About T2 View company

Superb! Very sweet and pancakey, with a hit of cinnamon, and I can drink this one black without milk or honey/sugar, as it’s really mellow and smooth. This was the standout for me in the Advent Calendar a couple of years ago, and I went on to buy a whole box of it (the teabags). Highly recommended.

Flavors: Cinnamon

This came in the breakfast sampler I purchased on sale after Christmas. I love this type of sampler and have been really enjoying tasting through the set. This one is super nice. A bold, malty black base. Cocoa, vanilla, and a tiny bit of cinnamon. I made it sweetened with a bit of honey, and added a splash of oat milk.

Got it as a free sampler from T2 when I picked up some other tea.

Pretty good spin on a black breakfast tea. I find plain black breakfast teas to be too bitter usually, but this one is quite nice without being too sweet. Its not listed and maybe my pallate isnt as developed but I get a strong chocolate note.

Flavors: Chocolate, Honey, Maple Syrup, Vanilla

205 °F / 96 °C 3 min, 0 sec 3 g 10 OZ / 300 ML

This one is still leftover from my swap with Cameron B. I must say that it definitely tastes like buttery pancakes! I was surprised at the degree to which it does. The aftertaste is bit bitter tasting, which is a little strange since I used a shorter steep than I usually do. If I were at home, I would add some milk to counteract that, but I’m at work, so oh well! I’ll resteep it with some milk later and see if I can bring that buttery flavor out even more.

It’s a solid breakfast tea without being bitter. I don’t get the pancake inspiration, but I swear this does remind me of raisin bread. I distinctly get raisins and cinnamon and bread or pastry. My husband and daughter think I’m nuts, though, about the raisins, so maybe it’s just me…but it was definitely there! I don’t love this as much as some of the other T2 teas I’ve tried, but I do think it’s good and I will enjoy all of it.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Cinnamon, Honey, Raisins

Upgrading my rating a bit, and I will repeat here my update on Melbourne Breakfast, since I’m making these both the same newer way (tl/dr: More is Better!):

I’m finding I prefer much higher amounts of leaf than I had been using, so like a level(ish) tablespoon (a bit under 4 grams) for two infusions in my 300 ml cup, sweet and a splash of milk is delicious … Also pertinent: instead of using an infuser in my cup, I used a small teapot. The infuser is pretty big, but free floating then strained is better.

This has been promoted to “Will definitely buy again.” :)

200 °F / 93 °C 3 min, 0 sec 3 g 10 OZ / 300 ML

Work – 11:00 AM

So this is meant to be a pancake-inspired black tea.

Personally, I’m underwhelmed by it. I taste a little bit of cinnamon, maybe a hint of vanilla or butter.

Mostly it just tastes like a bland black tea base, not flavorful in the least. I don’t even know how to describe the flavor other than “tea-ish”, which sounds ridiculous.

How do you describe generic-tasting black tea?

Flavors: Artificial, Butter, Cinnamon, Musty, Vanilla

Aimerella

Oh no, what a shame. The description sounds so good. I was tempted to buy a box of this when I last ordered from T2 but chose Caramel Brownie instead. I’m happy with my decision after reading this! :)

Cameron B.

To be fair, I haven’t been the biggest fan of most of T2’s blends. The only notable exception I can think of at the moment is French Earl Grey.

TreeGal

For generic black tea, I think of a Lipton tea bag kind of flavor. I do happen to disagree with that description for this tea, though, just to be fair! :)

This is one of the better pancake-inspired blends I’ve tried. The black tea base isn’t really anything remarkable, but it blends well with the flavors of vanilla and cinnamon. I enjoyed it hot and straight, but I preferred it with a splash of milk. It’s not a tea I’d repurchase, but I might hold onto the rest of the 100g. It’d probably make a nice latte.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Vanilla

059/365

I used a recipe from T2’s website, and made this one up as a salted caramel latte. The tea itself is described in terms of pancakes, so it seemed a bit of a stretch from that to salted caramel. It worked, though, so that was a surprise! Apparently, adding 1 tsp of honey and a pinch of salt can have a fairly drastic effect!

I can’t say all that much about the tea just now, as I’ve yet to try it plain. It stood up well to the milk and additions, though, and contributed a lot of its own flavour – I wouldn’t say pancakes, perhaps, but there was a certain “bakery” kind of quality, a maple-like sweetness, and a little bit of astringent bite. Combined with the salt and honey, I could definitely imagine salted caramel.

What I wanted from this one was a warming, comforting, just-in-from-work kind of cup, and that’s what I got. I’m enjoying being a bit more creative, too – it’s inspiring to do something different!

I’ll write a more in depth tasting note for this one once I’ve tried it on its own, but for now I’m very happy with it!

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 3 tsp

I tried this tea in my local T2 and I was suprised with the sweetness of this tea. It was like drinking pancakes with syrup but not in an overly sweet way. It was very confusing though but I enjoyed it regardless. Its now on my wishlist

Flavors: Maple Syrup, Pancake Syrup, Sweet