Lemon Chiffon Cuppa Cake™

Rooibos Tea
Apple, Green Rooibos, Lemongrass, Natural Coconut Flavor, Natural Lemon Flavor, Natural Vanilla Flavor
Cake, Cream, Frosting, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Coconut, Sugar, Vanilla, Artificial, Butter, Sweet
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by lteg
Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 9 oz / 266 ml

• “Here’s my afternoon tea, generally I’m not a big RoT fan but I do like this lemony green rooibos for some reason. It’s a tasty blend that goes well with the soymilk I like and actually tastes kind...” Read full tasting note
  • “You know, I’d say that I’m a fan of The Republic of Tea. I probably wouldn’t choose one of their teas over some of my favorites, but there are a few teas from The Republic of Tea that I like to...” Read full tasting note
  • “Yum! I generally hate rooibos, but I really love this blend. The flavor in the mouth is more of a dingy lemon, but as you start to swallow, there’s a distinctly ‘cakey’ note to it. It’s very much...” Read full tasting note
  • “I love Tazo’s glazed lemon loaf, but I recently finished my last box of it, and I hoped this might fill the void. I’m happy to say that it does! The flavor is very similar. It’s a light, sweet,...” Read full tasting note

From The Republic of Tea

This herbal green rooibos (ROY-boss) tea has the decadent flavor of light chiffon cake speckled with sweet coconut and topped with a creamy lemon icing – all the indulgence without the calories. This caffeine-free cup is perfect for high tea or any time of the day.

About The Republic of Tea View company

Here’s my afternoon tea, generally I’m not a big RoT fan but I do like this lemony green rooibos for some reason. It’s a tasty blend that goes well with the soymilk I like and actually tastes kind of dessert-y.

I haven’t done a whole lot today, I got a foam roller to do some stretching, went for a walk and had a massage. I started an interesting book called “Women of the Silk” by Gail Tsukiyama. All in all, it’s been a nice day for healing and rest. It’s good to have some non-caffeinated options that I like.

Flavors: Lemon Zest

Dustin

Have you tired Della Terra’s Lemon Chiffon? I’m wondering how it compares.

TeaBrat

yes I was not a fan of the Della Terra version especially as it contains dairy products which is not something I want to see in a tea.

You know, I’d say that I’m a fan of The Republic of Tea. I probably wouldn’t choose one of their teas over some of my favorites, but there are a few teas from The Republic of Tea that I like to keep in rotation. These teas also have nice memories attached to them… so I figure I’ll keep a few tins around. The scent of this tea is of lemon and herbs — a bit like lemon myrtle, but with a touch of sweetness.

Sipping… I taste a grassy sort of lemon. It’s not a tart kind of lemon, but more of a flat and generic lemon flavor with green rooibos in the background. The vanilla and coconut combine with the lemon at the end of the sip. Even though I cannot distinguish each individual flavor, they strangely come together to create something like a plain lemon loaf. It does lack a creamy element and reminds me a little bit of a chlorinated swimming pool. It’s not a bad cup of tea, but there are better lemony dessert teas out there.

TeaBrat

interesting, I haven’t seen this one hit the stores yet

Kaylee

I dunno, anything that reminds you in the least bit of a chlorinated swimming pool doesn’t sound like it can be all that good…

QueenOfTarts

Amy oh- I found this one online! :)
Kaylee- it isn’t as bad as it sounds.. For some reason, I just get that association with this tea.. I still wouldn’t want to drink pool water, though!

Yum! I generally hate rooibos, but I really love this blend. The flavor in the mouth is more of a dingy lemon, but as you start to swallow, there’s a distinctly ‘cakey’ note to it. It’s very much like a lemon cupcake, which was a pleasant surprise.

Flavors: Cake, Cream, Frosting, Lemon, Lemon Zest

I love Tazo’s glazed lemon loaf, but I recently finished my last box of it, and I hoped this might fill the void. I’m happy to say that it does! The flavor is very similar. It’s a light, sweet, cakey lemon. It seriously tastes like lemon cake. I used two bags for my large mug, and the flavor is perfect. Not sour at all. I’m glad I have so many bags of this!

I luckily found a tin on clearance at Indigo the other week and snatched it up. Already ripped through nearly a third of the tin. Has a nice, creamy lemon note accompanying an ultra light green rooibos base. I would have liked a little more flavour but it’s great to drink when you’re sick and need something caffeine-free. I’m currently battling a cold, but because I have been ultra dehydrated due to work, that further triggered a bacterial infection that’s a little TMI, so I’m missing a couple days of work. Hope my manager won’t be pissed at me, ugh.

Evol Ving Ness

It just never occurs to me to look for tea at Indigo, even though Sil took me on a tea tour there once. Thanks for the reminder.

MrQuackers

Indigo yuck.

Indigobloom

Uhhh what exactly is wrong with Indigo…

Fjellrev

She’s just too lovely, that’s what’s wrong.

Indigobloom

haha! Funny when I made that comment I wasn’t even thinking about my handle. You are da best Fjellrev!!! <3

Such a light/airy vanilla lemon! Truly delightful and smooth.

Thanks to rosehips for the sample!

What a cute dessert decaf! This is a rooibos with lemon, vanilla, and coconut. It’s really light and sweet.

It’s like if you were coming home on a sunny day and found — ta DA — a baby unicorn on your doorstep! Turns out the stork dropped it off JUST FOR YOU. What a DARLING WEE GUY.

Oh, and that little unicorn? Is never going to get higher than, say, waist-high. And it poops nice-smelling glitter.

You’re never going to take your unicorn very seriously, but it will be very nice to have around.

Flavors: Coconut, Frosting, Lemon, Sugar, Vanilla

Kaylee

This is easily one of the top ten tasting notes ever. Unicorn tea!

VariaTEA

This is delightful. Also reminds me of the squatty potty ad with the unicorns that poop the glitter rainbow ice cream.

Fjellrev

Ooh, maybe I’ll grab this if I ever see it, then.

I’m so surprised by this tea. The scent of it reminds me overwhelmingly of an 80’s scratch-n-sniff sticker. It’s not tart, and it definitely has some artificial flavors going on, but it’s rather harmonious. It doesn’t have any acrid/dry herbaceous taste that I would associate with some herbal teas. This, surprisingly, would be a contender for my regular rotation of decaf teas.

This was the sample that came with Republic of Tea’s latest catalog. RoT tends to be pretty hit and miss with me and this one was definitely a miss. It wasn’t horrible, it just really didn’t taste like much of anything. I was hoping for a smooth, creamy vanilla/lemon blend; instead I got a weak, barely-there artificial lemony flavor. Still glad I got to sample it, though…at least I won’t be tempted to waste my money on this one!

Flavors: Artificial, Lemon

I got a sample of this in a swap with TeaBrat because I’d been wanting to try a lemon dessert tea. I’m really glad I did! This was a nice, sweet, creamy lemon flavor. No tartness here and just the right blend of vanilla to really hit the spot for me. Not to mention how good it smelled when brewed! I personally don’t have a problem with the lighter flavor I get from using one bag of this, but I know many other prefer to use two bags when having tea from RoT. I could see how that would be tasty with this particular flavor. I’ll be picking some of this up when I order from them again.

Flavors: Cream, Lemon, Vanilla