Not So Vanilla

Black Tea, Vanilla Bean
Chocolate, Vanilla, Creamy, Baked Bread, Brown Sugar, Dark Chocolate, Cocoa, Sweet, Wood, Malt, Mint
Edit tea info Last updated by TippysTea

3 Images

From Tippy's Tea

Decadent dark chocolate and vanilla. Extremely smooth, malty and chocolatey. Hand chopped Madagascar vanilla beans add a sweet and creamy vanilla flavour.

Ingredients: Imperial golden monkey, vanilla beans

About Tippy's Tea View company

This is an old sample from Cavocorax. Thank you!

TBH, even though it’s an old sample, when I opened it up it smelled really good. And I must say I really enjoyed the tea! The base is lovely, and the vanilla came through nicely.

I think I might still prefer Vanilla Comoro from H&S, but only because that one’s a decaf, and sometimes I just want a black tea in the evening.

This is a lovely, full bodied tea. Deep, rich and smooth. The first thing I noticed was the smell when the bag was steeping in my mug. The scent was sweet and alluring. The chocolate and vanilla notes were the most prominent for me. I added a little agave nectar and milk and it made for a satisfying cup. I will have no trouble getting through my stash.

Flavors: Chocolate, Vanilla

Not My Cup O’ Tea TTB

I’ve seen Tippy’s Tea quite a bit around Steepster, but this was my first opportunity to sample one of their blends. I have to say, I’m impressed! This is quite possibly the best vanilla tea I have ever tried. The base tea is a lovely chocolatey golden-tipped black that mingles perfectly with the rich vanilla flavor to create a truly decadent treat. I would definitely consider purchasing this one in the future!

Flavors: Chocolate, Vanilla

Not my Cup TTB

A very nice vanilla.

Flavors: Vanilla

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Not a fan TTB. This doesn’t pair well with mac and cheese. Really a unique vanilla tea. for some reason I keep thinking of bourbon. Something about the woodiness of the base. The vanilla flavor doesn’t really hit until the after taste.

3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp
TippysTea

I love this review! That’s too bad that it did not work well with the mac and cheese and you did not enjoy this tea as much.

Very excited to arrive home and find my April Fools Day order patiently waiting for me on the dining room table! I couldn’t wait and threw my suitcase on the floor and immediately put the kettle on and tore into the Not So vanilla. First of all, I have to admit that I love the tea labels! Backwards and upsidedown little birdy fish with Googly eyes!! So cute!! Second of all, I love the tea!! This has a nice subtle malty chocolate flavor which blends nicely with the vanilla bean and I got those amazing black specks floating in the top of my teacup that I love so much so you know it’s real vanilla bean! Best of all the price point doesn’t make me feel like I need to hoard this tea for special occasions and pick me ups only! I think I just found my everyday drinking vanilla tea!

Sipdown! Trying to finish teas off before more come in over the next few weeks. Although, really, I should be finishing off older stuff since this is one of the freshest ones I have. Doing things backwards!

TheKesser

I do the same thing! haha

Fjellrev

You never win either way haha.

I like this one. It’s got a good, solid vanilla but it doesn’t taste chemical or fake and the Golden Monkey comes through quite nicely. I think this and Minted Monkey are the only non-straight GMs I’ve had. While overall I still prefer them straight, these two from Tippy’s are really solid offerings. I think this tea also settles for me that I like Madagascar vanilla but not Bourbon vanilla.

Glad you liked our tea!

Thank you for sharing some of this Cavocorax!

My recollection of this tea was that it reminded me somewhat of the two vanilla teas I picked up from Whispering Pines, in that I had difficulty picking up the vanilla specifically, though it was a tasty tea, and I could tell it wasn’t just a straight tea. I think it’s because I’m looking for a more “french vanilla” sort of flavour? Which it isn’t really. Either way, I did enjoy it, and again, the base tea quality was quite apparent. I’d like to do a side-by-side with WP’s Golden Orchid and see how they stack up, if I ever have the time.

Overall, I was happy. Would probably buy this myself to have around as an alternative to straight black tea, without terrible artificial flavouring-ness.

TippysTea

One of the goals that we are trying to accomplish when flavouring teas is to allow thee base tea to shine. We don’t wish to over-power the tea favours too much. Glad you enjoyed the tea though!

ohfancythat

That’s why I like it! Why cover up a good base :)

Cavocorax

Yay! I’m happy you enjoyed it, even though it wasn’t the ‘right’ vanilla for you!

Kittenna

It was still good vanilla, but I think my “idea” of vanilla is that French Vanilla flavour. Like ice cream. I don’t know if that’s a reality without sweetener though…

I’ve had this tea a few times and I finally feel like I can write a tasting note about it. For some reason, I’ve had to have a few cups of it to fully form an opinion. I was excited to try this cup as it sounded really delicious – chocolate, vanilla, a nice quality tea base.

Sipping… this tea is tasty – vanilla with light chocolate notes. Despite the strong vanilla flavor, this tea is a little too thin for me. I want a stronger tea base to lend a deeper chocolate note because I’m really just tasting a wispy sort of vanilla with nothing behind it. The vanilla is very nice, don’t get me wrong, but it really needs something more.

I wouldn’t turn down a cup, but there are other teas with a similar profile that I enjoy more. If you’re looking for a vanilla tea with nothing to get in the way, I would pick this up!

TippysTea

Did you use the teaspoon measurement or did you weigh the tea out? I just made some and realised that the teaspoon measurement on the label is off. One teaspoon will give you only 2.5 grams! If you weighed the tea out I beg your pardon. If you have not weighed the tea out try two teaspoons and see if this makes a difference. If it does great, if it doesn’t it doesn’t and I’m sorry and sad you didn’t enjoy our tea.