Orchid Aroma Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong Black Tea

Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by Togo

7 Images

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I’ve had this tea for awhile and never left a review. Strangely , now that everyone is discussing about what is to become of Steepster, I’ve suddenly been back on here a lot more lately. I tried...” Read full tasting note

From Yunnan Sourcing

This is a tippy picked lightly roasted Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong that was picked during the first flush of spring. After several months of roasting and resting this lovely tea has developed a thick sweet taste with a noticeable orchid aroma. It’s delightful to experience this complex and delicious black tea.

Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong is a long time favorite varietal from Fujian province that’s grown in and around the Wu Yi Mountain area. Wu Yi Mountain area is the home to Rock Oolongs like Da Hong Pao and Shui Xian and provides the perfect conditions for black tea production as well.

Spring harvest

Wu Yi Mountains, Fujian Province

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

1 Tasting Note

I’ve had this tea for awhile and never left a review. Strangely , now that everyone is discussing about what is to become of Steepster, I’ve suddenly been back on here a lot more lately. I tried a different group but I really like the idea of leaving tasting notes and none of them seem to have that.

Brewed this gongfu this morning and it’s heavenly. It is grown in the Wu Yi Mountains, Fujian Province. The leaves are long and spindly like an oolong.

It definitely has a lovely orchid floral aroma and taste (just like oolong) that lasts through the first few infusions. The tea was a sweet honey & malty brew with that lovely floral quality to it. I only made it through four infusions but this tea could have given more.

Flavors: Floral, Honey, Malt, Orchid