I was excited to find a sample of this out of the Sheng TTB. I’ve only tried one YQH tea before, and I greatly enjoyed it. This one is quite tasty too! It’s yeasty/funky in a Belgian ale kind of way, pleasantly tart, reminding me of red apples and cranberries. It’s just lightly earthy with a bit of leather and old book smells.

Flavors: Apple, Leather, Red Fruits, Tangy, Yeasty

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 6 g 3 OZ / 90 ML

Hi, my name is Thomas
*(Hi, Thomas!)*
And I’ve been addicted to fine tea since 2011
*(Woohoo!)*

My favorites are pu’erhs, hong cha, and roasted oolongs, but really enjoy greens when they’re fresh. I’m not much into flavored teas or jasmine/florals, but I love a good cup of chai or adding a spice or two to my teas sometimes.

Currently working on a degree in nursing.

Other than tea I love the outdoors, playing guitar, making ceramics, building things, gardening, and I aspire to keep bees some day when my living situation allows for it.

I started a blog in February 2018:
TheMellifiedCup.Wordpress.com

When I give a tea a numerical rating it’s simply meant to reflect a balance of how well I enjoyed the tea and how it compares to others of the same style. I don’t follow any universal rating criteria, and my ratings are mainly meant for my own use, to remember what I though of a tea and if I want to repurchase.

Clearwater, FL