drank Earl Grey Creme by Teavana

After being enticed into the purchase of this tea by its lovely aroma, I am a bit disappointed with the brew because the bergamot is quite subdued. Really it barely tastes like an Earl Grey at all; it tastes good but don’t expect the crispness of bergamot. It is also a very light, yellow-y colored brew, also not quite what I had expected.

Even though it was not as I had anticipted, I do like this cuppa; it is light and I appreciate the vanilla-creaminess.

I have loved tea since I was a child, this being a gift bestowed upon me by my mother. It all began with her cups of sweetened Constant Comment (sometimes spiked with a bit of Jim Beam, to cure aches and pains) on cold evenings, and over the years I have enjoyed many teas that have made their way to my kitchen from all over the world.

I must admit from the start that am not a tea-snob. I enjoy the flavors from my own summer garden all through the winter months. There are a few grocery-varieties that will always be on hand (especially Constant Comment) that evoke dear memories of the past. And in that never-quite quenched search for the exquisite, the never-before known flavor, the ultimate tea…well, there are some of those that I love as well. The point is, the longer I live, the more I realize that free can taste just as delicious as $$$. Drink what tastes good, and what satiates your soul.

Indiana, USA