drank Black Dragon Pearl by Teavana

I’ve decided the adjective for this tea is “Bold”. It doesn’t have a tannic “tea” taste…it is actually very smooth. I reported in my first tasting note that it had an edge of “burnt”…I used only 2 balls this time and that “burnt” is not exactly gone, but not so in your face. I think its what makes me think “Bold”. The tea is well oxidized and about as far away from green tea as I think you can get, other than smoked lapshoung (probably spelled that wrong). This may be the source of the boldness and almost burnt.
Despite all that, this is a good morning tea…

I remember when I discovered that there was more to tea than hot or iced. I was given a loose tea sampler (M.T.W.) and a stainless steel tea ball as a Christmas gift many years ago, by whom I cannot remember. That was the start of what will be a life-long love of fine tea. I discovered Steepster from a blog entry on the Mark. T. Wendell website…and have, from Steepster, discovered even more fine teas and vendors. Bravo!

Austin, Texas