drank My Morning Mate by Teavana

It’s nowhere near morning, but that’s not going to stop me from drinking this. I’ve had a tiring week and I need a little pep!

I was very intrigued by this one due to the triple-tea mix of mate, black tea AND rooibos. I suppose there might be potential for something to go wrong there, but I find that they don’t clash whatsoever. Immediately upon opening the package I find that I am going to like this one much better than Matevana: whereas Matevana’s leaf smell was overpowering chocolate, this one is a much more complex spicy nuttiness.

After a couple sips I added a splash of cream because that’s generally how I prefer my mate. This is a very pleasant tea to drink. The teas blend very smoothly, with lots of roasted nutty flavor. There is a hint of chocolatey sweetness, but it’s downplayed by the earthiness in a good way. This is definitely my Teavana mate of choice.

I’m a tea omnivore if there ever was one. I’ll wax poetic about the finest sencha loose leaf but have no problem slurping up a few bags of Celestial Seasonings in between them. Everyone deserves quality from time to time, but every well-traveled road has a bit of dust (and fannings) along the way. :)

Chicago