Finally came around to trying out this cake. Been sitting i my cupboard for over a year ^^
But my tradition of sipping sheng whenver i watch the big bang theory is going strong!

I used 5.5grams in a 90ml celadon gaiwan.
wash/10s/15s/25s/30s/30s

Mild smoth start. This is a young sheng, still the flavour is very clean and has some complexity to it. Yet i found i have to steep it for 25-30s to get that small bite of bitter i enjoy with shengs. I might have to purchase an older sheng in the near future. I do love the insanely powerful shengs that just explodes with flavour! The ones where you can do multiple 10s steepings and no longer unless you want it very bitter.

Got my eyes on the 2002 Yong Pin Hao yiwu sheng. Tried a sample a while back and was impressed!

Another thought just struck me. Why dont i drink more sheng and good mao-cha. Everytime i do i think “wow this is good tea” I think the world of sheng will be my next project since i feel just about done exploring yunnan tea.
More assams, taiwan black tea, korean green and Sheng will be this years main attractions. Perhaps i will manage to get a hold of some japanese white as well!

I hope 2014 will be a good year for tea!

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 5 g 3 OZ / 90 ML
Terri HarpLady

I like your sheng & big bang theory tradition!

Jiāng Luo

I am also intrigued by sheng, korean green and taiwanese blacks keep me posted on anything note worthy

Comments

Terri HarpLady

I like your sheng & big bang theory tradition!

Jiāng Luo

33yo from gothenburg, Sweden.

Recently discovered japanese black tea and are exploring as many as i can get my dirty teacraving pawn on :)

Ratings:

95+: Permanent residents of my cupboard, restock before they run out so i never have to go without!

90-94: Like the girlfriend that make sure to leave a toothbrush at your place, pretty much lives in the cupboard and i see to it i restock when im out.

80-89 : Good tea that i occasionaly restock.

70-79 : Decent tea that is enjoyable but only restock sometimes.

50-69 : Drinkable but sorry it was a one night stand, no more.

0-49 : Seriously, dont come near me ever again!

Sweden